The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 1:29:09 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 The Mohican Master Trailer
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: LOTM remembered in a different sort of place Topic Next Topic: New Michael Mann article  

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2006 :  3:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who were not in attendance for the Skyland showing or for those of you who were fortunate enough to see it but want to see it again (and again) then you can check out the following site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEZEk8oEDg

or go to www.youtube.com

search "mohicans"

Enjoy!
Vincent
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2006 :  7:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Vincent thank you for that laugh. It was so funny. That Ben Stiller was great and does look like DDL alright. I will have to get myself a Mohican Master 2000...heehee.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2006 :  8:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, we know who can play Hawkeye's role if they ever have a remake.
Thanks for sending that Vincent. I must have been out getting popcorn when that was shown because I don't remember seeing it. Michael says that he remembers it. Dang it!!! I always miss the good stuff!!! Thanks again. It really made me laugh.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2006 :  8:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaylynn44

Well, we know who can play Hawkeye's role if they ever have a remake.
Thanks for sending that Vincent. I must have been out getting popcorn when that was shown because I don't remember seeing it. Michael says that he remembers it. Dang it!!! I always miss the good stuff!!! Thanks again. It really made me laugh.

Love,
Kay

Irishgirl & Kay, apparently all the thanks should go to another fellow Mohicanite. Hey Stephanie what was her name?!? She was nice enough to share her personal copy of the film with the rest of us. I was very pleasantly surprised to see the Mohican Master 2000 trailer.

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2006 :  10:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On the way to the 2004 Gathering, I saw the Mohican Master for the first time. I was flipping the channels, and I saw DDL, and thought, "oh cool", until I looked closer and listened to the Mohican Master. I nearly died laughing....still do to this day.

Maybe we'll make this a new tradition before showing the movie at the Gathering. I have the DVD, so it's no problem to bring it!

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2006 :  10:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Vincent, for posting the Mohican Master!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 08 2006 :  06:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That was too funny!

Where do we all get a Mohican Master?!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 08 2006 :  07:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Nancy M. (Dances with Beagles) for bringing your copy of Mohican Master 2000 to the Gathering for others to see. That was definitely a treat... and thanks to Vincent for posting it here. Now you all don't think I'm so crazy for suggesting Ben Stiller in the "recasting" thread, do you? hahahhaha
Stephanie

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 08 2006 :  4:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Now you all don't think I'm so crazy for suggesting Ben Stiller in the "recasting" thread, do you? hahahhaha
Stephanie

No...we still think you're crazy!!!

Actually, at first glance, he sort of looks like DDL, until he does that stupid Tarzan yell. But, if they ever decide to remake LOTM as a comedy, then Ben Stiller is the man. (hmmmm....what would LOTM look like as a comedy...? I guess they could look here in Mohicanland for some ideas...!)

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 08 2006 :  5:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOTM as a comedy? Gives a whole new meaning to the re-casting idea. Robin Williams as Col. Munro? Julia Louis-Dreyfuss as Cora?

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - August 08 2006 :  5:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Larry the Cable Guy as John Cameron......

Uncas: "some food"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 08 2006 :  6:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay, since we are casting, I have to put in a couple of my favorites. Owen Wilson would have to play as Duncan since they both have blonde hair and we have to put Will Ferrell in there somewhere. I don't care who he is cast as, just as long as Ben, Owen, and Will are in there together. Now, that would be a comedy.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 08 2006 :  7:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Reese Witherspoon as Alice?
Sandra Bullock (complete with the Miss Congeniality laugh-snort) as Cora? Oops...then Hawkeye might not fall in love with her...that snort is hard to overlook, and would give them away in the burial ground scene...

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 08 2006 :  9:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You people are cracking me up! How about Joe Pesci as Chingachgook? An Italian?! Ok maybe not....

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 09 2006 :  5:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Vince,
I've never laughed so hard in my life!
Thanks, I needed that!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 09 2006 :  5:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

You people are cracking me up! How about Joe Pesci as Chingachgook? An Italian?! Ok maybe not....

Oh HELL NO!
Leave Ching be, please I beg you!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 09 2006 :  11:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A script re-write:

"You are a breed apart and make no sense"
"I know you are, but what am I?"
(for those who don't want to remember...PeeWee's Great Adventure)

Oh, we could add so many bad movie lines in there, too.

Where should we put: "Nobody puts Baby in the corner"....?

Or how about, "I love you." "Ditto".

Oh, the possibilities are endless....

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 10 2006 :  03:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bwahahahahahahahaha! I reckon there would be a great many actors and the whole movie up for some Razzies!

Lady of Glencairn

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - August 10 2006 :  7:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't seen this in a few years and it's still hysterical! Thank you Vincent! Ben Stiller had his own show on Comedy Central a few years back and he would make these mock commercials that were dead on everytime!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 12 2006 :  05:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I sent the link to my sister and she had a good laugh as well!

Lady of Glencairn

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 12 2006 :  3:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, so it was Nancy AKA Dances with Beagles who obtained the DVD. Muchas gracias from all the LOTM aficianados!

Vincent

Previous Topic: LOTM remembered in a different sort of place Topic Next Topic: New Michael Mann article  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.42 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07