The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 3:26:32 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Stolen Women Captured Hearts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: A Different Ending? Topic Next Topic: If you had to sacrifice Alice to save Uncas...
Page: of 3

Autumn
Pathfinder

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 03 2006

Posted - July 24 2006 :  9:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, I'm totally changing the subject here.....hope you don't mind. Has anyone ever seen the movie "Stolen Women Captured Hearts"? And, if you have, what did you think of it? Michael Grey Eyes starred in it. It was based on a true story.

Autumn
report to moderator

Lurking Huron8708
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - July 26 2006 :  6:32:58 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I Managed to get a copy of the DVD from the States and I've just watched it. I'd give the film about 3 out of 10. Michael Greyeyes gets 11 out of 10. Wow!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Autumn
Pathfinder

June 03 2006

Posted - July 29 2006 :  9:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for replying Lurking Huron. I know others have seen this movie. I was wondering if anyone could comment on it and if it was true to life or not. Yes, Michael Grey Eyes is "WOW"!!!!!!

Autumn

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - July 29 2006 :  10:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Autumn and welcome!

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing this movie yet but did find a bit of info on the real story you might find interesting.

Start at
http://members.fortunecity.com/lilalakota/swch.html

then try a google search of "Anna Brewster-Morgan". Set aside a good chunk of time 'cuase you'll find loads of info!

I'm sure we've discussed this movie on this board before too so maybe try a search of the site and see what comes up.

Bye for now,
Shaz

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Autumn
Pathfinder

June 03 2006

Posted - August 01 2006 :  9:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Shaz

Thanks so much! I did find some postings on the board about the movie. And thanks for the website info.

Autumn

Autumn

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - August 04 2006 :  12:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're welcome Autumn. I've just found a used vhs of the movie, so hope to watch it on the weekend. From what I read online about it, seems to have been 'hollywood-ized', but hopefully will still be a good flick.

Bye for now,

Shaz

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Autumn
Pathfinder

June 03 2006

Posted - August 04 2006 :  11:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Let me know what you think of it.

Autumn

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - August 05 2006 :  08:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I watched Stolen Women this weekend. I thought it was excellent! (Had to watch it twice just to be sure. ) Nowhere near the quality cinematography of LOTM but a good story just the same. I much prefer the movie's storyline over the actual events. But isn't that the whole point of movies - take us away from real life...???!!! Still, it was interesting reading the reports of the true events. I think Michael Greyeyes did a great acting job; he seemed to put 100% of himself into the character. He's not a bad bit of eye-candy. Nowhere near as DDG as Eric but I won't hold that against him!

As an added treat I watched Crazy Horse as well, again with Michael Greyeyes (BTW Wes Studi plays Red Cloud). Again great acting, and great bod... Very sad story that one. I remember reading one of Terry C Johnston's Plainsmen books a couple months ago about Crazy Horse, too. The details of the two are remarkably similar. Guess they both used the same (correct) research material.

So what are your thoughts on Stolen Women Autumn?

Bye for now,

Shaz

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 05 2006 :  1:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey girls. I just love Stolen Women, Captured Hearts and I happen to own it on DVD. I love the story and in particular Michael Greyeyes and his great body. Any woman who sees him in this must fall in love with him and his character. They had great chemistry on screen and I love the part where she is washing his horse and he is looking on enviously. Glad she leaves the husband at the end to return to her "hot Indian lover" who wouldn't??? The husband was BORING.

Also love him in True Women if you get a chance to see that one. I want to see Crazy Horse so that is next on my "to get list". Will comment once I have oggled him in it.

Happy viewing ladies.

IG

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - August 05 2006 :  2:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wow, after such colorful description of yours IG i feel like i absolutelu MUST see it

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 05 2006 :  7:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My pleasure my dear zinvor and after you see Michael in SWCH you will be left with a nice warm feeling all over. "Tokolah" his character in this one tends to do that to us women. He had me swooning all over him. Boy would I ever love to be in that tepee with him. I would definitely not be backing out of the opening. That's all I best say for now so enjoy the movie and please do report back with your "findings".

IG

Autumn
Pathfinder

June 03 2006

Posted - August 10 2006 :  8:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've watched it more than a couple of times....and I absolutely LOVE IT!! Yes, Michael Grey Eyes did a wonderful job and I will try to watch Crazy Horse soon. He is a most delightful eye-candy. We can certainly dream......Always, Autumn.

Autumn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 10 2006 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad to hear you love Michael too Autumn. Isn't he adorable in Stolen Women. I too want to get a copy of Crazy HOrse for my collection. Have you seen him as Tokolah in True Women yet?

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 11 2006 :  1:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anyone had any luck finding "Crazy Horse"? I can only find it at Movies Unlimited and it is a VHS for about $45. Way too expensive.

IG

Lurking Huron8701
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 12 2006 :  01:38:16 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I got a copy of "Crazy Horse" on Ebay. It cost about $15 plus p&p.
Has anyone seen Michael in "Skipped Parts" (UK Title "The Wonder of Sex")? It's set in 1963 and he's wearing jeans and he's swopped the horse for a bicycle and truck. Michael is allowed to smile in this film and he get's his kit off. What more could you ask for? It's not a bad film either!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 12 2006 :  10:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks LH but I couldn't even find one copy of Crazy Horse on ebay. I buy most of my movies off of ebay but no luck with this one.

Sounds like a good movie. Michael in tight jeans and riding a bicycle and driving a truck yummy. I will keep that one in mind. Love him playing big, handsome Indians though.

IG

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 12 2006 :  10:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Irishgirl,
Have you tried www.half.com? It is part of eBay and sometimes you can find books and movies there that you can't find on the eBay auction site. Good luck!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 12 2006 :  10:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Kaylynn44. I have bought stuff off half.com before so I will give it a try. I know I did check the site a month or more ago and no luck but who knows worth another try.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 12 2006 :  10:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow that was quick. Popped over there to half.com and got me a copy. Thanks Kaylynn44. Now I can't wait to see it.

IG

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 12 2006 :  11:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad that you found a copy. It is a very good movie!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Autumn
Pathfinder

June 03 2006

Posted - August 12 2006 :  9:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Irishgirl
I will try to see True Women soon. If Michael looks as good in it as he does in Stolen Women Captured Hearts, I will be very happy!!!

Autumn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 13 2006 :  10:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is excellent also but just to let you know Michael is not in it a whole lot but the parts he does show up in he looks mighty fine indeed. You will enjoy it I know. It came out in 1996 also just like SWCH and Crazy Horse. He was a busy guy in the 90's I guess. Happy viewing.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - August 15 2006 :  01:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Wow that was quick. Popped over there to half.com and got me a copy. Thanks Kaylynn44. Now I can't wait to see it.

Hi Irishgirl,

So have you watched Crazy Horse yet? Did you get a video or dvd? I picked up an ex-rental vhs but if it's on dvd i'd prefer that. I want to get SWCH on dvd as well. Wanted to watch it first and make sure it was worth the money.

Bye for now,

Shaz

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - August 15 2006 :  01:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron8701

<<snip>>
Has anyone seen Michael in "Skipped Parts" (UK Title "The Wonder of Sex")? It's set in 1963 and he's wearing jeans and he's swopped the horse for a bicycle and truck. Michael is allowed to smile in this film and he get's his kit off. What more could you ask for? It's not a bad film either!

WooHoo! Know what I'm gonna look for next! Thanks LH!

Shaz

Paula
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

May 09 2005

Posted - August 15 2006 :  08:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I managed to get hold of a DVD copy of SWCH on ebay and I loved it. Does anyone know if you can get Broken Chain on DVD? I keep trying ebay but only seem to see VHS version (Region 1) being sold which is no good for me being in the UK.

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - August 15 2006 :  09:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I found Broken Chain on DVD but the cheapest was $50.00 and there was a collector's edition that was almost $100.00. I got the VHS...that is a fine film....one of my favorites...

Uncas: "some food"
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: A Different Ending? Topic Next Topic: If you had to sacrifice Alice to save Uncas...  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07