The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 11:29:31 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Hawkeye and Cora - Memorable Film Couple
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Wallpaper Topic Next Topic: I might be in the firing squads aim here but....
Page: of 2

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 29 2004

Posted - July 12 2006 :  03:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Would you consider Hawkeye and Cora to be a memorable on-screen couple? Im sure that many here would. Although I love Uncas, to be honest there wasnt really much of a 'romance' between him and Alice so I wouldnt add them.

Any other memorable on-screen couples??

Image Insert:

27.36 KB

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  08:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well first thing came to my mind was Jack and Rose from Titanic. They and the film were definitely memorable. Other than that my mind is a blank

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 12 2006 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh yeah ... Jack and Rose.

And Ive hit a blank as well ...

Lady of Glencairn

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  12:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, these two have always been favorites of mine. They made 5 movies together.

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

Image Insert:

53.43 KB

They had definite chemistry onscreen.

Image Insert:

54.16 KB

And talk about steamy kisses! Check out this one, from "The Quiet Man"...

Image Insert:

88.88 KB

[WW runs off to find her fan...]

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And then there are these two, who made somewhere around 8 or 9 movies together in the 1930s. (No, I am not that old. I just love old movies.)

Image Insert:

12.71 KB

Image Insert:

11.97 KB

And btw, they were lovers off-screen, as well as on.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 12 2006 :  12:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
And talk about steamy kisses!

Whoa ... that looks really steamy! *Runs to get her fan as well* Kissing in those older movies always looks so dramatic to me ... But there was something nice about knowing that tongues were not going to be flying and clothes falling off at a rapid rate.

And one of my fave couplings (who were also a real life item for a little while) Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle in the BBCs Pride and Prejudice.
Image Insert:

21.06 KB

Lady of Glencairn

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - July 12 2006 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are so right WW..they are my favorites....I also enjoy the chemistry between Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy

Uncas: "some food"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  12:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is a great movie "The Quiet Man" and I am not saying that because I am Irish, I just loved it. That pic is quite steamy indeed. You never told us who the other couple were WW. Still can't think of any other couples to add to the list. Hey what about Fred and Wilma Flintstone and Barney and Betty..heehee.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Or Mickey and Minnie

Lady of Glencairn

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh COME ON people! Aren't you forgetting someone????

Image Insert:

4.02 KB

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I suppose there are varied opinions in terms of who deserves the title of a 'good' on screen couple. I asked some of my friends this question and I was surprised by some of their answers ...

Edward and Vivian = Pretty Women Richard Gere and Julia Roberts
Johnny and Baby = Dirty Dancing Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey
Achilles and Breseis = Troy Brad Pitt and Rose Byrne
Edmond and Mercedes = The Count of Monte Cristo James Caviezel and Dagmara Dominczyk
Nathan Algren and Taka = The Last Samurai Tom Cruise and Koyuki

and so on ...

Lady of Glencairn

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Oh COME ON people! Aren't you forgetting someone????

Image Insert:

4.02 KB

Awww, you took it already!!v_v

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh yeah, Mel Gibson and Sohpie Marceau from Braveheart.

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about ...

Image Insert:

58.57 KB

Lady of Glencairn

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 12 2006 :  1:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 12 2006 :  2:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And nobody posted this one?

Of all the messageboards, in all the towns, in all the world, I had to log on to this one.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 12 2006 :  7:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm thinking Brad Pitt & Claire Forlani in Meet Joe Black! I know, I know, most everyone hates that movie, but Ms. Forlani exudes love & passion in that film.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  9:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good one, Fitz!!!

Lurking Huron6414
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - July 12 2006 :  10:30:01 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

I'm thinking Brad Pitt & Claire Forlani in Meet Joe Black! I know, I know, most everyone hates that movie, but Ms. Forlani exudes love & passion in that film.

I confess that I am one that didn't hate the movie, but it irked me. I couldn't stand her doe eyes and total dumbfounded looks all the time! I had expected her to be so much stronger in her passion. She acted so deprived of everything...

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2006 :  11:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz, I was actually thinking of The Two "Bs", as well. And here is another classic couple, who were also off-screen lovers.

Image Insert:

13.64 KB

[Edit: Ooops! I just noticed that Meggie mentioned them already. Sorry! But anyway, there's their picture.]

Is there no one here who knows who the Mystery Couple is that I posted above? Am I truly their only fan here???

Hint: They were both singers.

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 13 2006 :  02:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron6414

quote:

I confess that I am one that didn't hate the movie, but it irked me. I couldn't stand her doe eyes and total dumbfounded looks all the time! I had expected her to be so much stronger in her passion. She acted so deprived of everything...

I agree LH. I didnt like her in that film at all! Since that movie specifically I havent been much of a fan of Miss Forlani.

WW ... looks like you have us stumped!

Lady of Glencairn

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 13 2006 :  02:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oooooh ...

And how about these two???

Image Insert:

40.21 KB

Image Insert:

33.93 KB

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2006 :  09:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good one Lady. How could we forget that couple both onscreen and off.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 13 2006 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
She was so lovely as a young woman ... now she looks kinda yucky ... Not to be mean or anything ...

Lady of Glencairn

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 13 2006 :  11:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Is there no one here who knows who the Mystery Couple is that I posted above? Am I truly their only fan here???

I'll take a shot. How about Nelson Eddy and Jeanette McDonald? And the movie would be "Rose Marie" (and others)? Name should have been Marie-Rose.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2006 :  12:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I loved that movie too, Rich! The only negative thing I really felt about Forlani was that I wanted to say "spit it out already" - seems she lingered a little long before some lines. I think she did a pretty good job though as it is hard to act ONLY with your eyes! The KING of acting with eyes alone, to me, is Colin Firth as Mr Darcy!!!!!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Wallpaper Topic Next Topic: I might be in the firing squads aim here but....  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.59 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07