The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:26:30 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Frontier Family
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Eric Stuff Topic Next Topic: Teach me to live in the wilderness  

Lurking Huron5863
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - June 03 2006 :  8:45:48 PM  Reply with Quote
Hi guys
Maybe you can clear this up for me. What was the relationship of the woman (Frontier Family) and Uncas? Thanks.
report to moderator

Autumn
Pathfinder

June 03 2006

Posted - June 03 2006 :  9:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lurking Huron, hopefully someone better than I will answer your question. I assumed they were all friends, but maybe there is mo than meets the eye there, hmmm?

Autumn
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 04 2006 :  08:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just friends, is my take - though there have been others who have read more into it. Good, solid friends is all I see ...

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - June 04 2006 :  08:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it was just friendship.

The whole family were friends of Chinganchgook, Nathaniel and Uncas.

She was a mother and was concerned why this attractive, young, 2nd to last Mohican was not settled yet.

It was the voice of a concerned mother that I heard when she spoke.

But, as a mother, and total lover of the Uncas/Alice scenerio.......lol...... I would see it that way.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - June 05 2006 :  12:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe they were just friends as well; Alexandra was a concerned family friend. As Leylana said Uncas is the 2nd last of the mohicans (as far as the movie is concerned); it seems reasonable that Alexandra is concerned that Uncas has not married and started a family yet. He needs to continue the line.

Although, there's no reason Chingachgook couldn't take a wife as well.... Either way the children would only be half-Mohican. But I'm looking at it from a 21st century white person's perspective.

Anyone know what an 18th century Mohican perspective on lineage would be??

Do you see more to their relationship, LH5863??

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 05 2006 :  09:19:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well yes she is concerned that Uncas has not yet taken a wife but then again she is a "woman" after all and I feel she is also attracted to Uncas. What woman would not be. She is married however, so she would never do anything about it but she can still look. She loves her husband but Uncas certainly is a nice piece of "eye candy". I feel, were she not married, she would take him on herself.

Good point P about Chingy getting married again. He is a good looking guy and nothing stopping him from finding another wife and having kids. Why put all the burden on poor Uncas to procreate and keep the Mohican line going.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - June 05 2006 :  5:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh IrishGirl, you're so cute. You would think of it that way. A true Uncas fan through and through, love ya work.........tee hee

When you look at what she was married to who could blame her....lol.... (now that what plain mean Elly....)

I think when Eric passes over to the Summer Land there will be many of us bidding to have his body bronzed...

Hey, are you going to celebrate his birthday too

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 05 2006 :  11:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by LeyLana1462

When you look at what she was married to who could blame her....lol.... (now that what plain mean Elly....)

Hey that was mean but you know what I was thinking the same thing myself

I sure will be thinking about Eric on his birthday and will have to have an "Eric fix" on the big day Perhaps watch me a little Pike or if I fancy him manly, and fierce some Buffalo Hump No shortage of Eric movies to watch around here.

Not sure what you mean by bronzing his body but it sure sounds good. I would definitely be first in line to do anything with his body

Don't worry about us gals here in the US we will take care of Eric on our side of the world and you and Paazau will make sure he is well "taken care of" down under I am sure

Alexandra Cameron had a soft spot for Uncas alright

Later

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - June 06 2006 :  02:08:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh Dear IG, we could go soooooooo far with this......tee hee hahaaaha ............. but better not......tho, tis VERY tempting.

By bronzing I meant like some parents do with their baby's first shoes and stuff. they dip them in bronze and have them there forever.

I'm sure P and I would have GREAT PLEASURE in taking REALLY GOOD CARE of Mr Schweig 'downunder'........haa haaaaaaa

i guess you could say we all have a soft, warm...........spot for our dear Uncas............hee hee hee

Oh and you said I was bad Paz.......!!!!!!!.........heeeeeeeheeeeee

Love Ya Work

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 06 2006 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Let's back off just a wee bit here, ladies. This is a family board.

Thanks.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - June 06 2006 :  6:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry WW, point taken, will do

Tis easy to forget where one is once you get going.

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - June 06 2006 :  10:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think when Alexandra Cameron talked to Uncas about him finding a wife she thought something like: "I know I can't have you, hottie, but boy do I wish I was a young, pretty and unattached Mohican girl!!".

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 06 2006 :  11:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well said raindrops. I think you read my mind when you posted that She wished she was the Delaware woman who would say "you are the one" and would bear him many children.

IG

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - June 07 2006 :  9:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, now that you said it, I have to admit to myself that I attributed my own thinking to Alexandra.. My, oh my, I would happily bear as many little Uncas' replicas as possible..

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - June 10 2006 :  3:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When i first saw the movie i thought there was something more than just friendship between them. I don't know why, may be the tone of her voice or the way Unkas looks at her dead body... But when I've read the script I figured I was wrong. I still think they liked each other but regarding nothing could ever come out they both kept it inside.
  Previous Topic: Eric Stuff Topic Next Topic: Teach me to live in the wilderness  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07