The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 3:23:00 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Hawkeye & Cora love scene
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Would Alice have lived? Topic Next Topic: I found The Real Uncas  

Lurking Huron4265
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - May 06 2006 :  8:30:32 PM  Reply with Quote
Hi to everyone. I only this year have seen LOTM, and I have watched it over and over(mostly to catch the dialogue). I am wondering, though, about the love scene between Hawkeye and Cora. Am I right in assuming it was sexual? Thanks for clarifying this.
report to moderator

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - May 07 2006 :  7:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have always assumed it was, but things were different in those days, so maybe it was merely a kiss and not more.

Uncas: "some food"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 07 2006 :  9:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome to the board and the ranks of LOTM fans LurkingHuron4265. Do you watch the video or dvd? Just asking, as I found the subtitles on the dvd most helpful in spots where the dialogue is a little hard to catch (well, most of the subtitles..... some are WAY off from the actual dialogue, but you should be able to pick up which ones just don't belong!!)

I think we as viewers are left to make our own assumptions on the love scene. I agree with you and MeggieD, and have assumed there was more than a kiss, however, Madeleine Stowe talks of this scene in her interview and says, "You ask if Hawkeye and Cora make love---The answer is, that none of us ever felt that to be an answerable question. The emotion, and surrender was what was important to Michael and I believe he used most or all of what we shot." The full interview is at http://www.mohicanpress.com/stowe_interview.html . A very good read, as are all the cast interviews.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 09 2006 :  1:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For a fun Poll on this subject, go here: The Kiss

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - May 10 2006 :  9:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi.

I seem to be in a minority here because I believe it was just a kiss.. "What you see is what you get"..

Watching these scene I felt that it happened spontaneously, without much thought, they reacted to very strong emotions. Until that moment there was nothing between them apart from conversations and meaningful eye contact, so this explosion of passion was big enough. Anyway, their mutual interest seemed very strong and genuine, but also kind of innocent and.. spiritually charged.

That was my impression.

Lurking Huron2305
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 22 2006 :  9:52:09 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. PC crashed.
Anyway, there was more than a kiss going on there! The heavy breathing; the way that Cora holds his head to her breast; and the way they stand at the end, his arm over her breast and they look just too darned relaxed!!!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 22 2006 :  11:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with you here Lurking Huron, I think there's more than meets the eye. However, I am very glad that Michael Mann left it to the imagination; it's much more exciting and intriguing that way.
Steph
  Previous Topic: Would Alice have lived? Topic Next Topic: I found The Real Uncas  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07