The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:31:11 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Wallpaper - The Final Scene
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Poor Magua Topic Next Topic: Screen Captures For Highlander  

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 02 2006

Posted - March 28 2006 :  9:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I felt creative again! I hope you all like it. It's made for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
{Click on image to enlarge}

Magua said, understand English very well.
report to moderator

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 28 2006 :  9:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's amazing MM!! You're very talented!! I love it!!!

Shaz

ps - but you cut Cora out... how can you get the full value out of it??

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 28 2006 :  10:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you! paazau. I appreciate that! Yes,I know I deprived myself of Cora, but I figured I would just bring the brothers back for this one. Maybe next time!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - March 28 2006 :  10:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My compliments MM. You are truly talented. That is really a beautiful scene. I love the transparent quality of Uncas. Great job, again....

Uncas: "some food"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 28 2006 :  10:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just beautiful MM. Wish I could do all that stuff but wouldn't have a clue. Thanks for including Uncas in the picture. You know how much he means to all of us and even though "dead" it shows that he is still with Chingy and Nathaniel in their hearts.

IG

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - March 29 2006 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wonderful. It looks very meaningful. I'm beginning to think that you have a lot more interesting ideas Mountain Man.. I think right, don't I?

I wonder how your "Cora wallpaper" would look like..

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 03 2006 :  7:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is just simply stunning

Brought a lump to my throat and made my heart flutter.....tee hee

For me, the worst part of the movie was Uncas going over that cliff, I felt like he was just starting to come out of his shell.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 04 2006 :  09:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey MM just wondering when the Magua wallpaper is coming. Just don't make one with him killing our beloved Uncas Now that would not be something I would want to see.

IG

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - April 04 2006 :  6:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Hey MM just wondering when the Magua wallpaper is coming. Just don't make one with him killing our beloved Uncas Now that would not be something I would want to see.

Since he is my hands down favorite, a wallpaper for him is in order. I will spare your beloved Uncas though. I know I would never hear the end of it if I didn't, especially from a member named paazau, she's just totally hung up on the guy!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 04 2006 :  7:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I actually think the throat slitting scene is a brilliant piece of cinematography. The way the blood splatters Uncas' throat and chin amazes me every time.

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - April 04 2006 :  8:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MeggieD

I actually think the throat slitting scene is a brilliant piece of cinematography. The way the blood splatters Uncas' throat and chin amazes me every time.

Alright! MeggieD, now your talking my kind of language! Finally a girl that doesn't mind getting down and dirty!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  12:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You'd better spare him Mt Man! It's bad enough I have to watch him die every time I watch the movie; I don't want it on my desktop all day long. then I'd never get any work done. And I'm not hung up, just in l*st. There's a difference ya know!

quote:

I agree MeggieD and Mt Man - It is brilliant cinematography. As is the entire movie. Just breaks my heart every time I watch it though.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  01:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm with you Paazau.

I couldn't handle it either.

As if poor Uncas hasn't gone through enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realise Hawkeye and Cora were the main stars but why could it not have had a double happy ending.

No,no,no MM. Please no Uncas shot in the Magua screen.

He's a sexy little nasty man in his own right, but Uncas is just down right GORGEOUS, sorry.

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  09:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man

quote:

Alright! MeggieD, now your talking my kind of language! Finally a girl that doesn't mind getting down and dirty!

That's me!! I appreciate a good fight every time. I used to watch John Wayne movies with my dad when I was a kid and the fight scenes were my favorite. I would have loved to see Uncas drag Alice through the wilderness by her hair!!!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 11 2006 :  12:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So MM if you do ever want to make a wallpaper of the aforementioned bloody throat scene, you can PM it to me, so as not to anger the masses.....

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 11 2006 :  12:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LeyLana1462

He's a sexy little nasty man in his own right, but Uncas is just down right GORGEOUS, sorry.

I agree LayLana, about Magua being sexy. The first time I saw it I thought he was very attractive. I love his hair. He wears a mohawk very well.

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 11 2006 :  03:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Meggie,

He wears a loin cloth pretty damn well too!!!!!

But then I don't think there's much that dear old Wes would look bad in, I must say tho, I TOTALLY LOVE the almost completely shaved look on him, it just really suits him.

Whatever, no matter, he's just a sexy little devil.......tee hee

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 11 2006 :  09:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah LeyLana, I saw Broken Chain and Wes was quite handsome in that, even though he was sporting a full head of hair....

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 11 2006 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by LeyLana1462

He wears a loin cloth pretty damn well too!!!!!

Whatever, no matter, he's just a sexy little devil.......tee hee

Suddenly everyone is getting the hots for our dear old friend Magua. To each his own. I personally have eyes for only one hot Indian and you all know who that is. Nobody wears a loin cloth like he does Don't get me wrong girls, I like Wes and he sure is fine actor but just not my cup of tea. No one could have portrayed Magua like he did.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 12 2006 :  12:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe I am the only one who thinks this but I don't believe Magua slits Uncas's throat, doesn't he just thrust the knife into his side and turn it around in there or perhaps cut upwards with it I meant to bring this point up before but somehow never got around to it. Anyone care to enlighten me as to whether I am right or wrong?? Guess I could always go and check the script when I have time.

IG

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - April 12 2006 :  5:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe you are right about that Irishgirl. I read it in the interview with Wes Studi.
Here is that part from the interview where he explains how he did it.

WS: I think it was the knifing of Uncas. Not so much physically, but in terms of making it appear sort of a sneak attack on the guy. What we had to recreate, at least in my mind, was a knifing ... something you’d do if you were trying to hide it from someone else. You have a hold on someone and just rip out his intestinal tract or something with a knife ... and you do it very quickly, without much notice. I think that was sort of a dramatic moment ... raise the knife and then bring it down. Yeah, that was Michael’s idea to ... quick, slash the innards and push the victim away. Because the attitude toward him was that he was just an obstacle in the way and the fact that it’s human had no bearing on the whole thing. Kill it and push it out of the way. I twisted my knee there and I tore some cartilage.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 12 2006 :  11:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks MM for that little snippet of information. I guess I should go and read more of the interviews. Did read some of Wes's one day but not the whole thing. Still it was not a nice way to die, not that there is such a thing as a nice way.

IG
  Previous Topic: Poor Magua Topic Next Topic: Screen Captures For Highlander  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.86 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07