The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 7:22:39 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Uncas survey
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The Surgery Scene Topic Next Topic: Alices Braid  

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
January 23 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my boredom this morning I watched the Director's Expanded Edition DVD and counted the number of audible sentences and the "butt shots" of Uncas aka Eric Schweig. Some of my friends here who shall remain nameless (but their initials are Irishgirl and paazau - heehee) and I were discussing that we probably saw his buttocks/thighs more than we heard his voice. I decided to do a little research and here are my findings:

Audible sentences (including monosyllabic grunts and the single Delaware uttering under the falls) came to 20!! His last line is "GET BACK!!" and there is still what, about 35 minutes left of the movie (OK, I'm not that scientific)

Butt and or thigh shots came to 17!! 7 of which were after his last line under the falls.

This brings me to the conclusion that even though Eric Schweig was an untrained actor at the time, he was underused and unappreciated in this role.

Thank you for your time.
Meg

Uncas: "some food"
report to moderator

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2006 :  12:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unappreciated? I disagree. I think legions of adoring female fans are greatly appreciative of Uncas' screen time. :-)
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  12:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Unappreciated? I disagree. I think legions of adoring female fans are greatly appreciative of Uncas' screen time. :-)

I meant unappreciated by the filmmakers....

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2006 :  2:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey thanks Meg that was a great project you undertook this morning and what a way to relieve the boredom. I would volunteer to count his butt shots anytime. So the final conclusion is that he does indeed say more than the number of times we get to see those great butt/thigh shots. He definitely was underused in this movie. He needed to be a bit more vocal and I think he was quite capable of uttering more than three or four word sentences. Still, we all appreciate what Uncas brought to LOTM. If only they had given him much more screen time. I think us ladies out here can all be in agreement on that.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  4:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you for sacrificing your morning to undergo the rigorous task of watching LOTM again and performing that scientific analysis MeggieD. I would suggest that we maybe need to perform this same analysis on Eric's other movies to see if there is any correlation between his screen appeal in the movie as compared to the ratio between the number of lines he speaks and the number of butt shots (should we include shirtless shots in that ratio do you think???) If you find you need an assistant to perform some of this strenuous work, just sing out. I'll watch whatever movies I can get my hands on! I've got Big Eden and Dead Man's Walk on order.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  6:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know girls ... I think Madeleine Stowe is a stone cold fox , but you don’t hear me rambling on about her sexy smile, her ample breast’s, her sexy a$$ and those gorgeous leg’s of hers. And yes, even though she is mostly covered up in LOTM, I have seen her in other movies, so I do know she possesses all of these fine assets. The point I am trying to make here is ... sigh ...can’t you women enjoy LOTM for the great piece of cinamitograpy that it is, and not be caught up in lusting over one individual actor who is in the movie? If you’ll excuse me now, I think I’ll go watch LOTM, I really enjoy seeing Magua kick some British a$$ , and in the end he even takes out this Mohican Indian by the name of Unc .... Oh sorry , I forgot where I was making this post.

Magua said, understand English very well.

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  6:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so, now tell us how you really feel.

Lurking Huron7086
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - March 25 2006 :  10:32:25 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man

You know girls ... I think Madeleine Stowe is a stone cold fox , but you don’t hear me rambling on about her sexy smile, her ample breast’s, her sexy a$$ and those gorgeous leg’s of hers. And yes, even though she is mostly covered up in LOTM, I have seen her in other movies, so I do know she possesses all of these fine assets. The point I am trying to make here is ... sigh ...can’t you women enjoy LOTM for the great piece of cinamitograpy that it is, and not be caught up in lusting over one individual actor who is in the movie

Fell free to ramble on about Miss Stowe Mountain Man. We agree that this is a great movie but love it also for all the wonderful actors in it and one in particular. Us girls are just having some fun "lusting" after Uncas. In truth we love Eric for his wonderful acting abilities and not just his great looks.

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 26 2006 :  07:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron7086
In truth we love Eric for his wonderful acting abilities and not just his great looks.

Yeeeeeeeeah! Right! I was born at night, but it wasn't last night!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 30 2006 :  5:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by MeggieD

Audible sentences (including monosyllabic grunts and the single Delaware uttering under the falls) came to 20!! His last line is "GET BACK!!" and there is still what, about 35 minutes left of the movie (OK, I'm not that scientific)

Butt and or thigh shots came to 17!! 7 of which were after his last line under the falls.

Well I did a "kill count" for our sweet Uncas and was surprised to find that he only kills 11 people in this movie. I thought the kill count would have been much higher. Seemed like he was slicing people up at a much higher rate.He does go towards another guy as if to fight but we don't get to see that one so I didn't count it. This leads me to the of who has the most kills in this movie among our trio. Probably Hawkeye but then again maybe not. Magua too could be included. Anyone else ever figured this one out??

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 30 2006 :  6:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting figures Irishgirl. No, I certainly haven't taken a count before. Sounds like it could provide interesting fodder for discussion though.

Is this a more appropriate use of our time and energy Mt Man??
Shaz

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 30 2006 :  9:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh good grief. You girls just have w-a-a-a-a-y too much time on your hands!

Now what you really need to do is to focus on something really important... like how many times Nathaniel fixes that steely gaze upon the nearest adversary, or... how quickly he can load that l-o-o-o-o-ng rifle and fire, or... or...

Oh my. Where did I leave my fan?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 30 2006 :  9:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh Great! Just when I finally thought you were coming to my aid WW, I find out you're just like the rest of the Uncas loving bunch! Only now it’s Hawkeye! Sigh...What’s a man to do around here? Somehow I must get a Magua thread going...I must think!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 30 2006 :  10:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 31 2006 :  02:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL! Long time no hear WW. Missed ya!

Any time spent watchin' LOTM is time well spent in my book. Better than workin', doin' housework, watchin' tv etc etc etc etc.

Don't think I'd be up for that task WW. I'd overheat and melt in a puddle after just the first one. I have to avert my eyes when I know that look's comin' now.

Wait a minute, here, I've got your fan... here you can have it back. I must buy myself one I think.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 31 2006 :  02:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
What’s a man to do around here?

Just give up and admit defeat Mt Man..
quote:
Somehow I must get a Magua thread going...I must think!

This could be good. I can't wait!!

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 31 2006 :  7:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paazau

quote:
What’s a man to do around here?

Just give up and admit defeat Mt Man..

NEVER!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 31 2006 :  8:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
NEVER!

OUCH!!

Lurking Huron8044
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 03 2006 :  05:52:05 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey MM, I'm only a guest here at the moment, total bummer, but am trying to figure out how to get a membership.

Love your signature line, the quote from Magua......how true was what he said!?!?!?!?!?!

As much as I didn't like the character Wes played I think he did a fantastic job.

The only actor I didn't really feel fitted as much as I would like was Daniel Day Lewis. Don't get me wrong, I think he is an absolutely brilliantly talented actor, as an Irish man.

However, to me, Eric, Russel and Wes's characters made the movie, even tho they didn't have huge monologues. They didn't need them.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 03 2006 :  09:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Lurking Huron8044

The only actor I didn't really feel fitted as much as I would like was Daniel Day Lewis. Don't get me wrong, I think he is an absolutely brilliantly talented actor, as an Irish man

I definitely disagree with you on this one. DDL was the perfect fit for Nathaniel and he and Cora had great chemistry on screen. I personally cannot imagine any other actor in the role of Hawkeye. As an Irishwoman I am just wondering what you meant by "a brilliant actor, as an Irishman" He is a great actor regardless of where he comes from. Have you seen "My Left Foot"

I agree that Wes, Russell and Eric were magnificent but Daniel was too.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 03 2006 :  6:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Teehee hee, Hello Irish girl, knew I'd have to get a bite from someone.

Daniel Day Lewis is totally gorgeous, but I have seen him in too many other roles and it just made it hard for me to see him playing an Indian, tis all I am saying.

Sort of like watching Eric Bana playing a Trojan, I keep waiting to see the mullet come out with his typical "Swoit" that he always did on the comedy show he started on here in Oz. If you don't live in Australia it might be hard to see what I mean if you've not seen his comedy show.

I realised when I posted my quote that that paragraph didn't sound right.............tee hee ..........i knew someone would think I meant it in a derogatory way. But not intended, Hon, he is gorgeous.

Trouble is, I'm an Eric fan thru and thru.

My Left Foot is exactly the movie I was thinking of when I wrote that para as a guest last night. He is a beautiful strong actor, but not my fave from LOTM. Now, write about him from "In the Name of th Father"......well........now that's my fave.

Quite funny really isn't it, because he was actually born in London.

So, no, Irishgirl, I'm not being racist, far from it. He is gorgeous and a wonderful actor. Just not my pick from this movie.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 03 2006 :  11:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Leylana glad to see you got registered and always good to see new posters on here with new thoughts and ideas. By the way, I never thought you were being racist or anything, I just wondered what you meant by that. If you have not figured it out yet I too am a huge Eric fan. I quest is to see all his movies and I am getting through them quite nicely. He is a very gifted actor and I think Uncas is the role that first brought him to our attention. We all had to find out more about this actor, who he was and what else he had been in. I look forward to discussing more of his roles with you.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 04 2006 :  09:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey there Irishgirl, glad I didn't get you offside, twasn't my intention.

Of young Eric..........yummmmmmy........ have you seen his official message board site? Took me ages to find it but now have it bookmarked. Unfortunately they are not taking any more members at the moment....... major bummer.........

The link is http://www.eric-schweig.com/forum/ if you've not been there.

There is a public post from his Liaison saying he is currently filming a new movie. He's lost weight, cleaned up etc.etc.

Yeeeeeehahhhhhhh. Can not wait. My only hope is that it is a film that will make it to cinemas otherwise we are not likely to get it here in Oz.

They call us the "Lucky Country" but when it comes to all things Eric, I don't know so much.........lmao...........

Have a looksy anywho, if you've not been there.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake these days so everyone has probably been there but I.........tee hee hee

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 04 2006 :  09:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes I do go on his official website and he has two projects in the works. One is movie for the Lifetime channel so it will be on the tv over here. He plays a dad in this one and there is some conflict with his daughter's school.

The other movie is "Commanche Moon" which is a follow up to "Dead Man's Walk" if you have seen that one. He will reprise his role as "Buffalo Hump" a role I really loved him in. That I believe is due to start filming in June sometime. It will probably be for the telly too but not sure.

Yes, he is supposed to have slimmed down and be in great shape now. I believe they will post photos when they can. Can't wait to see the so called "new improved Eric". Personally I like him any way I can see him. He is a great looking guy even with a few extra pounds on his frame. It just comes naturally with getting older. We can all relate to that I am sure. None of us are as slim as we were in our twenties.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 04 2006 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So true Hon, sad, but so true............lol

See, I told you I was probably the last to get there.......

No matter, just glad I have found it now.

And you are so right about any way he looks is fine, his eyes get to me, so I don't really take a great deal of notice about the rest of him.......most of the time anywhooooo.......heeheehee

Previous Topic: The Surgery Scene Topic Next Topic: Alices Braid  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.62 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07