The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 3:23:21 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 After reading the cast`s interviews
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Maguas Heart at Rock Scene Topic Next Topic: Coras pistol  

Lurking Huron0581
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - November 12 2005 :  5:11:29 PM  Reply with Quote
I realized that Madelaine Stowe was the only one who was really fond of Daniel, and talked about him as a wonderfull person.
The rest of the cast describe him almost as a not kind guy.
What do you think?
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 13 2005 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As one who was "there," I'd say not. Nobody came across [to me, at least] as not liking DDL - though, I would think naturally, Madeleine had a more intimate connection with him.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Keira
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2

January 25 2006

Posted - January 25 2006 :  2:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,I`m new here.I just found this site. The Last of the Mohicans has been my favourite movie since I was nine. Anyway, Richfed, do you mean you were actually on the set of The Last of the Mohicans??

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 26 2006 :  06:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, no ... I didn't mean that. I meant I was "there" for the interviews! There was a lot of chit-chat that wasn't a part of the published interviews ...

Keira
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2

January 25 2006

Posted - January 26 2006 :  1:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, I see :) It must have been a great experience. Lucky you

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  2:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well Eric said in an interview that the rest of the cast got along but Daniel would pretty much film his scene and then go off by himself instead of mingling much with them. I don't think Eric was too impressed with him. I am sure he did not dislike him but he said they were like from two different worlds. I guess he thought he was the "Star" but as it turned out Uncas and Chingachkook were the stars too along with Magua. The movie would have been nothing without their great performances.

IG

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  9:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maurice Roeves (Colonel Munro) said in his interview that he was disappointed with Daniel as a person, but he declined to be more specific. Perhaps it was Daniel's distancing that caused Roeves to have a negative reaction to him. I don't think it's that Daniel sees himself as THE star, but that his manner of acting is to BE the character as deeply as he can, and not to let himself get distracted by what's going on around him. And of course Hawkeye is an intense, self-contained kind of character.

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama

Lurking Huron6220
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - March 03 2006 :  7:38:52 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I worked on the entire production. While DDL seemed to keep to himself, he was always quick with a polite hello, nod and smile to us poor transportation/tent workers.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 03 2006 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh! Hello, LH6220! Are you a new poster here?

You have grabbed my attention! Can you tell us more... who you are, more about what you did? Do you have photos to share?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
  Previous Topic: Maguas Heart at Rock Scene Topic Next Topic: Coras pistol  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.32 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07