The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 7:16:15 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What makes Daniel Day Lewis so sexy?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Well, maybe not the last, but . . . . Topic Next Topic: Alternative casting  

Lurking Huron0586
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - October 22 2005 :  12:19:55 PM  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Why Daniel Day Lewis is so sexy?

BECAUSE...

Choices:

He looks gorgeous when he smiles
His english acent
His mysterious personality
He is such a great actor
His savage (wild) look as Hawkeye
His gentleman look as Newland (Age of innocence)
He is not sexy at all!
Other option (tell as your opinion)

report to moderator

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - October 22 2005 :  11:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I vote for "most of the above."
His smile, his mysterious personality, his Hawkeye persona, he's a great actor. I'm ready for a cold shower just thinking about it, but unfortunately we don't have any running water here. I'll have to settle for a long walk in the 30 degree dark.
Chris
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 23 2005 :  07:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
....does nothing for me............

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 23 2005 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's a relief to know, Seamus!

Interestingly, when I first watched the movie, I really didn't think he was particularly sexy or handsome. But then the more I watched it, my thoughts began to change. When he smiles at Cora in the "surgery" at the fort........ Wh-o-o-o-o-o-a-a-a-a........

{WW goes to retrieve her fan...]

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Tara1189
Lost in the Wilderness

The Kiss 2
United Kingdom

October 23 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  12:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for his smile because the moment I fell for him was after the "I'm looking at you, miss" line. Cora looks down a moment, then finally looks up and meets his eyes. He smiles at her and that, THAT is the moment. Mmm...so glad the dvd has scene selection.

"I will find you, no matter how long it takes, no matter how far." ~ Hawkeye

Tara1189
Lost in the Wilderness

The Kiss 2
United Kingdom

October 23 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  12:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh! Forgot to mention his wild look as Hawkeye. The whole long haired rugged thing just does it for me. That's why I was so disappointed at the end of Lord of the Rings when Aragorn becomes king and throws away his whole 'ranger' look.

"I will find you, no matter how long it takes, no matter how far." ~ Hawkeye

Paula
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

May 09 2005

Posted - October 24 2005 :  03:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok Daniel Day was sexy... but his hair! Don't get me wrong I love long hair on a man but didn't you think it was similar to Cora's. Now Uncas, his hair WOW......actually he was just totally stunning.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 24 2005 :  11:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is he the guy who co-stars next to Uncas? Just curious.

heheh JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steph

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - October 24 2005 :  12:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
I fell for him was after the "I'm looking at you, miss" line.

That did it for me too! Of course, i later became endeared with Magua after his line, "When the Greyhair is dead I will eat his heart...". What woman could resist that?!?

Lurking Huron0583
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - October 24 2005 :  5:14:57 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think he is sexy, I like very much when he smiles, and his role in LOTM, such a gorgeous man.

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 24 2005 :  8:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Carter, - you got it! That line by Magua is what's it's all about, conflict! ;)

you can keep "The Change"

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2005 :  09:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"I gave my heart to Magua" takes on a whole different meaning doesn't it?!?

Jo
Sweetser 4 Rep

May 27 2002

Posted - October 25 2005 :  11:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IF Marcia were here; she'd had claimed Hawkeye forever, but since she isn't; what makes him sexy? besides him being himself; it's the way he moves; who has such grace, determination, direction, hey, he knows what he wants and he does it.(or tries to....).
Not a bad rear end, either.
And MAGUA, you know, the movie was on STARS channel the other week, the WHOLE family stopped what they were doing to watch at least a few minutes (I have them WELL trained!); and Wes, robbed of an academy award for his acting! (Hello, Carter!)(My heart stays where it lays....with DDL!)
Jo

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2005 :  1:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
And MAGUA, you know, the movie was on STARS channel the other week, the WHOLE family stopped what they were doing to watch at least a few minutes (I have them WELL trained!); and Wes, robbed of an academy award for his acting! (Hello, Carter!)(My heart stays where it lays....with DDL!)
Jo

Probably a wise choice, given Magua's odd penchant for hearts. But ABSOLUTELY NOT OK given that you abducted him (were there handcuffs involved?)!
No wonder Magua was muttering on the trail to the fort. He knew he was going to be jilted! And for whom? Some long haired white dude with an attitude! LOL
Love,
Carter

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 25 2005 :  3:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like your sense of humor Carter. Although I'm not sure anyone "gives" their heart to Magua. He just kinda takes what he wants, and throws the the rest over a cliff! ... ;)

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2005 :  5:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad you like my humor - you must be as twisted as I am!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 26 2005 :  11:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kinda looks that way - doesn't it? ... ;)

Previous Topic: Well, maybe not the last, but . . . . Topic Next Topic: Alternative casting  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.39 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07