The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 5:20:38 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Why MMann cut some dialogues in the dvd??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: LOTM 1936 Topic Next Topic: tatoo models for lotm  

Lurking Huron0581
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - October 12 2005 :  7:23:46 PM  Reply with Quote
I didn`t know that and two days ago I saw the new version and I felt really dissapointed, because there isn`t lots of funny phrases of Nathaniel, and another things that I don`t remember in this moment. I think it`s better the old one, I would like another DVD, It would be great to watch the delightfull version that I fell in love with.
Bye and thanks for that wonderfull page
report to moderator

kdragonrose
Pathfinder

September 04 2005

Posted - October 12 2005 :  10:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Send kdragonrose an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree. I particularly miss Nathaniel's "You got nothing better to do on the lake today Major?" I would love if they combined the DVD with the VHS version and maybe added the Uncas/Alice love scene.

"How do you define 'normal'?" ~Fox Mulder: The X-Files
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - October 13 2005 :  12:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And when Duncan's rambling on about about how all the colonial scouts are in the militia and all the militia are fighting the French at Fort W.H., then Hawkeye "clears that up". I really miss that. And not only that, M.M. cutting out Hawkeyes' "Someday you and I are going to have a serious disagreement." What was he thinkin'?! Without thoses lines, I think you lose a lot of the character.
Grrrrr....

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 01 2005 :  10:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HEY everybody - your favorite trouble-maker is back! First let me ask, how has everybody been?
I have missed you guys and severly suffered from LOTM website withdrawal in the worst way!
Ok, down to business. From what I am hearing about the new DVD I will never buy it. Tainting the already perfect original version is the ultimate sin!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Yankee
Pathfinder

Uncas

January 12 2006

Posted - January 13 2006 :  5:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just to clarify....this is the 2005 version that has deleted narration? How many releases of the DVD have there been? (I apologized if this has already been asked on the board.) I just purchased the 2001 Director's Edition off Ebay and now I am very curious about this.

Thanks!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 14 2006 :  1:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is the only US release, as far as I know - updated slightly in format only.

qasimoto
Pioneer

USA

March 11 2005

Posted - January 15 2006 :  02:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I understand that LOTM music is in Iraq's Top Ten, by the Iraqis and not our guys. Might be fun to produce and distribute versions in, say, Farsi and Yiddish with lyrics slightly changed as appropriate to each--e.g., "Why is Mohammed causing your camel to poop on my lawn?" or "That was my father's trailer park you're building that hospital on", or "Your mother's privates were an oasis for diseased camels"; we could have some fun with it and quit stalling the war we know they're going to get into anyway. Which might in turn bring us some Mossad help in Iraq, I don't see anything else to save us in a guerilla war, which are usually unwinnable--very few of those have been won by the invaders; see Britain in our revolution and others, both the French and us in Vietnam, Russia in Afghanistan, Rome in northern Europe, Crusaders in the middle east, Islam (eventually) in Spain, Islam (eventally) in Turkey, etc., etc. All got their butts kicked out by the insurrgent natives, albeit sometimes with a little help from outside.

Could be fun to drop a million disinformational LOTM soundtracks over the Middle East, and see if anything results.

Qasimoto

Just a thought, perhaps better than the concurrent thread running on man-eating Tibetan vultures (sorry, Snowland Boy). Man, if only Col. Monroe had had a flock of those beauties trained to attack French and Indians, and to go into sappers' tunnels and drag out the sappers.
  Previous Topic: LOTM 1936 Topic Next Topic: tatoo models for lotm  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07