The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 9:19:30 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Cora or Alice?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Your 15 favourite actors and actresses Topic Next Topic: looking for a photo  

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - August 11 2005 :  1:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is prettier?

Choices:

Cora
Alice

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - August 11 2005 :  3:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Impossible to decide!!!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 11 2005 :  7:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cora.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - August 12 2005 :  06:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cora is more traditionally pretty -- comely,if you will. Alice got my vote for being more unique and interesting in appearance (actually, I think honors should go to Jodhi May rather than little Alice!)

They both look nice in corsets

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 12 2005 :  2:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I chose Cora. With Alice I remember that wild hair at the burnt out settlement. Kind of creepy! My rule of thumb is if it's a bad hair day wear a hat[<:)]

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 13 2005 :  08:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No contest ... Cora!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 13 2005 :  09:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

No contest ... Cora!

Ohhhh, now there's a shocker!!!!

GG

Lurking Huron6235
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 13 2005 :  09:13:35 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm the prettiest and the fairest by far, so worship me...my peons

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - August 13 2005 :  3:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went with Alice. I think they're both gorgeous, but like misschanelno5 said, Alice is more unique looking. Plus, she looks beautiful right before she steps off of the cliff.

--Nora

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 16 2005 :  8:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron6235

I'm the prettiest and the fairest by far, so worship me...my peons

No matter what you say I have several witnesses that can confirm that not only I am the most beautiful girl but I am a real wild one too! Keep dreaming!

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2005 :  08:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just saw "The Magnificent Ambersons", which starred Madeleine Stowe, and she looked pretty good... but I think she did something funky to her lips! I've heard of women getting injections to make their lips puffier, but why? She is aging well, but looked like she had been sucking popsicles for long, long time!

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - August 17 2005 :  09:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for Alice. Yes Cora is beautiful but I think Alice has a very innocent type of beauty. As far the bad hair days go, Cora wasn't looking too hot when they first met Hawkeye and Uncas. I think Alice maintained an angelic beauty throughout the entire film. I am sure if they had zoomed in on her at the bottom of the rocks she still would have looked beautiful!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 06 2005 :  3:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for Alice. I have a particular attraction to blondes. Alas for Alice--she is one blonde who didn't have more fun. She was traumatized and dazed much of the movie, and then she dies. (reminds me of that bumper sticker "life's a botched thing--and then you die" some may remember the bumper sticker words slightly differently.

We become what we think about.

deerslayer
Pathfinder

Hawkeye 3

October 02 2005

Posted - October 06 2005 :  9:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would have to say alice is.So you say your wild light of the moon, how wild?

May your aim be true and your powder stay dry.

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - October 09 2005 :  3:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm, I don't think I like where this is going...
Anywho, I agree with Carter. Cora is pretty, especially at the fort when Hawkeye is looking at her and she gets embarrased, but right before Alice jumps, I think she looks beautiful there. She just has an innocents beauty I guess. Hmmmph. Oh well. They've both got me beat, but I think I'll live.

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 21 2005 :  9:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Light of the Moon remarks on Alice's wild hair day at the burned out Cameron cabin, and suggests that Alice wear a hat. I think Alice would agree with LOTM's comment, (to wear a hat) since Alice was wearing a hat when she started on the journey.

When the column was ambushed, and Cora went to cover Alice to protect her, the first thing Cora did was to knock off Alice's formal hat. Alice still had a white coif on after our heros arrived on the scene, but lost it at some point (perhaps during a smooch with Uncas?)

Anyway, Alice had two head coverings to conceal her bad hair day, and lost them both. Some days are like that.

We become what we think about.

Tara1189
Lost in the Wilderness

The Kiss 2
United Kingdom

October 23 2005

Posted - October 23 2005 :  05:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cora, easily. Especially in the scene just after the kiss where her hair is let down over her shoulders. Madeleine Stowe was possibly one of the most beautiful actresses ever to grace the silver screen, until she discovered collagen.

"I will find you, no matter how long it takes, no matter how far." ~ Hawkeye
  Previous Topic: Your 15 favourite actors and actresses Topic Next Topic: looking for a photo  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.45 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07