The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:27:49 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 uncas and alice idea
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The Best LOTM DVD Added Scene Topic Next Topic: A difference in the Movie versus the Book  

ssweetiess
Lost in the Wilderness

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 18 2005

Posted - February 20 2005 :  10:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read so many things about the uncas and alice love story and being that so many fans want to see the deleted love story between them do u think maybe we could persuade Michael Mann to rerelease the last of the mohicans with everything..The last of the mohicans will forever be my favorite movie and the love story between uncas and alice is what drew me in the first time I even saw it..I dont care what anyone says they loved each other and like most people say the no dialogue made it so much more romantic.

what do you all think any ideas so we can maybe persuade michael Mann?
report to moderator

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - February 20 2005 :  11:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I LOVE THEM! I would definitelt try to help you on this. LOTM will be my favorite movie forever as well, and I love the Alice/Uncas romance. I think it's a great idea.
--UL13
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

ssweetiess
Lost in the Wilderness

February 18 2005

Posted - February 21 2005 :  1:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
what do u suppose we do?

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - February 21 2005 :  1:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, ladies, I would definitely advise you not to hold your breath waiting for this to happen! If you dig deeper into this website, you'll find that there are many fans of this movie that have been waiting & hoping for years that Michael Mann would release this movie again with added footage, but it hasn't happened yet. What we did get a few years ago was the "director's 'expanded' version" DVD & while it did contain some additional footage, it also left out several of the lines & scenes from the VHS version!

I would like to see LOTM follow in the footsteps of the expanded DVD version of "Dances With Wolves," which contained everything from the original VHS release, PLUS an additional hour of footage! MICHAEL MANN, ARE YOU LISTENING???!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

Lurking Huron4206
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - February 21 2005 :  2:31:50 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you like, there's a place, I believe it's called petition.com, or something like that. You can make a petition and get fans to sign it. It might work.

Rainhair
Pathfinder

Alice
USA

February 21 2005

Posted - February 21 2005 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rainhair's Homepage  Send Rainhair an AOL message  Click to see Rainhair's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think this might be the place:

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

The leaves were long
The grass was green
The hemlock-umbels tall and fair
And in the glade a light was seen
Of stars and shadow shimmering

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - February 22 2005 :  03:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
YEEHAW, I'm in!!
I love this movie sooooo much. If anyone has any ideas, bring it on. I'll visit that website for the petition, thanks for the links Rainhair.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Rainhair
Pathfinder

Alice
USA

February 21 2005

Posted - February 22 2005 :  6:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rainhair's Homepage  Send Rainhair an AOL message  Click to see Rainhair's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're indeed welcome. ^_^

If you all like, I can ask other people at sites I go to to sign it.

The leaves were long
The grass was green

ssweetiess
Lost in the Wilderness

February 18 2005

Posted - February 22 2005 :  11:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
please do that would be soooooooo awesome thankyou.

do u know of any alice uncas related sites at all?

Rainhair
Pathfinder

Alice
USA

February 21 2005

Posted - February 23 2005 :  6:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rainhair's Homepage  Send Rainhair an AOL message  Click to see Rainhair's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, I'm afraid I don't. =(
I know there are tons of fans out there though; they're really hard to find. The most on Alice/Uncas I've ever found was at FF.net and here. <=/

The leaves were long
The grass was green

Lurking Huron9977
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 25 2005 :  8:52:10 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yeah, i absolutely could not believe that there weren't more websites about uncas and alice. what with the web today i completely expected to find like 200 assorted websites. there's even almost [gasp] no fanfiction! what's up with that? does anyone know of ANY uncas/alice related anything online, besides here or on fanfiction.net?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 27 2005 :  3:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not too long ago someone on our sight was asking for petitions to continue or add the Uncas/Alice relationship. Does anyone remember who this was?

Lurking Huron9958
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 27 2005 :  8:08:17 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
there's a thread down below somewhere about getting a petition for a special edition dvd, (which would hopefully include some deleted scenes of uncas and alice) that y'all might want to check out.

Lurking Huron9977
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 27 2005 :  8:59:02 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
we could probably try emailing fox at foxmovies@fox.com to try and convince them to release a special edition dvd. tell them how you'll definitely buy them, how they'll definitely make a profit, how much fans want it, etc etc. good luck!
  Previous Topic: The Best LOTM DVD Added Scene Topic Next Topic: A difference in the Movie versus the Book  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.44 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07