The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 3:23:18 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 New "Bloopers"?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Last of the Mohicans Topic Next Topic: RUSSELL MEANS TOURING!!
Page: of 3

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 01 2004

Posted - March 17 2005 :  9:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Audio/visual unsynchronized: Duncan can be heard translating one of the lines from French before it is spoken.

That one gets under my skin every time... It's even worse on the DVD. Augh!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 17 2005 :  11:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Major Heyward's company enters the forest for the first time, the drum tempo does not match the marching of the soldiers.

Been there, done that. Rarely do they ever match.

quote:
Factual errors: In the film, the Hurons (e.g. Magua) and the Iroquois are very anti-British and have allied themselves with the French. The Delawares and the Mohicans are shown as pro-British, fighting the French. Historically, the Huron-Six Nations-Iroquis were allied with the British and the Delawares, while officially neutral in the 7 Years War, often sided with and occasionally fought alongside the French against the British.

The Hurons and Iroquois were traditional ememies. The Hurons were almost completely destroyed by the Iroquois in 1649. They were never part of the 6 nations and were always allied to the French. The six nations were the Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, Cayugas, Senecas, and Tuscaroras. The Shawnee and Delaware were client nations of the League and "ruled" through half-kings, like Tanaghrisson.

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - March 18 2005 :  01:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks GG, for the latest bloopers. Some of those I've never heard of. I'm still stuck with the one Nathan mentioned, about the grey haired man behind the rock when Uncas is fighting Magua. Can someone please help me with that one, I've been driving myself crazy trying to find it.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Lurking Huron4063
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - June 07 2005 :  11:04:13 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After numerous viewings, I can't believe that I never noticed that when the main characters are fleeing Massacre Valley and heading for the canoes, as they get in, Alice is sitting behind Uncas, but when the canoes are in the middle of the lake, Alice is sitting in front of Uncas (w/ Nathaniel in front of her).

I still cannot find the silver buses as the British leave the fort or the asst. dir. w/ blue baseball cap and megaphone. I know the scenes they occur in, but just don't spot them.

Love this site, btw.
:)

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - June 08 2005 :  4:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geez there are way too many bloopers to see. I do not doubt they are there but everytime I try to spot them I get wrapped up in the movie and miss them. Oh well, maybe someay I will be able to look for them!

MaguaMan
Lost in the Wilderness

Huron
USA

May 09 2005

Posted - April 11 2006 :  11:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There is also the scene where DDL saves Cora by tomahawking a Huron, and the hawk he uses has a rubber head thats bent at an angle after he strikes the enemy in the chest..

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 12 2006 :  09:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I can't find the bloopers and believe me I have looked many times. Looked forever last night to try and see the gray haired guy behing the rock but to no avail. The only thing I ever managed to see was the "cardboard rock". I believe they are there but for some reason I just can't seem to see them. You people must have some very good eyes because I have excellent vision, alwyas have, and I can't see them. Oh, I did see the blurred part when we are looking down from the rocks as Magua and Uncas are fighting.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 12 2006 :  09:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've seen the cardboard rock and the busses, but that's all.

Uncas: "some food"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 12 2006 :  12:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay checking things out again and I did manage to see two more things. After Alice jumps and Magua and his band are setting off if you look at the rock directly on the left of the screen you can see something gray or white, like someone's hair moving above a rock and then they duck down. I don't know how anyone ever saw it as a gray haired man. I am so happy I managed to see it.

The other one is in the Huron Village when Magua says he has brought three prisoners or captives or whatever. When he first starts to speak. Well, if you look over Duncan's left shoulder there does appear to be a man with long dark hair standing right at the back of the shot on the right hand side and he does resemble Hawkeye. I could not say for sure that it is him but sure looks like him. So I guess I did spot Hawkeye as well.

Now I will have to see if I can find any more bloopers. Did look for the telephone pole or whatever it is supposed to be at the end when Chingy is giving his speech to Nathaniel but no luck. I guess you have to look at the scene numerous times to see it. I would have never seen these only someone pointed them out.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 15 2006 :  9:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MaguaMan

There is also the scene where DDL saves Cora by tomahawking a Huron, and the hawk he uses has a rubber head thats bent at an angle after he strikes the enemy in the chest..

Good pickup Magua Man! I didn't notice that one before. It's definitely visible if you're lookin' for it.

Image Insert:

34.13 KB

Good pickup by Nathan too (if you're still around the board...???) Hadn't picked up 'Nathaniel' in the Huron Village before, but it definitely looks like him (or his 'stunt double'?????) What do the rest of you think???

Image Insert:

2.04 KB

Can't spot the grey haired man, but will look again using Irishgirl's directions. (thanks Irishgirl!)

Have managed to get screen shots of most of the bloopers so if anyone wants to see any of them just sing out. Might help you to spot them when you're watching. Don't wanna put them up if no one's interested. There are quite a few..!
quote:
originally posted by Gadget Girl
"Continuity: When Alice backs away from Magua on the promontory, her hands are bound, but when she is seen falling through the air, her hands are free with arms stretched out at her sides."

Not sure that I agree with that as a blooper... Will have to watch it again - last time I watched it it didn't appear to me that Alice's hands were bound when she backs away from Magua, but I can say for sure they were NOT bound when they left the village. You can hear the knife slicing the ropes and she is seen with her hands unbound as the Huron leads her away and Cora yells out to her.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 17 2006 :  09:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey there paazau I would love to see screen shots of the bloopers if you have time to put them on here. I have looked and can't find the busses. Still have to check for the diver below the waterfall. Have you found that one? Man with baseball cap and megaphone? Telephone pole?? Anyways, if you have I for one would love to see them. Help me find them when I watch the movie again. Thanks

IG

Lurking Huron6305
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 17 2006 :  2:36:36 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is there a blooper page? Maybe there should be one like the wallpaper page... Just a suggestion because I always have a heck of a time finding the bloopers too!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 17 2006 :  11:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Irishgirl - I've found the busses, man in baseball cap w/megaphone; not the diver nor the telephone poles.\ yet.

Lurking Huron6305 - not sure if there's a 'bloopers' page. Maybe richfed can point us in the right direction, or kindly create one for them to be posted to..

Gadget Girl - watched LOTM again (pure torture it was ) and paid special attention to the Alice / promontory scene again, and I can't agree that her hands are bound. We don't actually see them while she's backing away from Magua, but on the way out of the village and walking along the promontory they definitely are not bound..

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 18 2006 :  04:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Paazau, you are right.

Alice's hands are not bound at the end. She is holding them together in front of her and the rope is still attached but they are not bound together. You see her when Magua kills Uncus, she puts her hands to her face.

I've got a couple of screen caps of some of the other bloopers, but I still can't find them all. Maybe it's because there are so many different copies of this wonderful movie but here are just a couple.

They're only small so they don't take too much memory.

The blurred out corner, top left, during the fight scene.

Image Insert:

28 KB

The telegraph pole

Image Insert:

35.59 KB

The 'Deer Hunter' with the red cap

Image Insert:

20.62 KB

An umbrealla down below, obviously on the road with the buses....lol
the picture wouldn't upload. If you go frame by frame just after the buses you can see, down below, a blue and white striped umb[omitted].

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Keira
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2

January 25 2006

Posted - April 18 2006 :  10:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, I had never realised there where so many bloopers in this movie, although I must have watched at least hundred times..at least...It proves that the story is so good and you`re too concentrated to notice those bloopers. After reading about the bloopers I´ve managed to spot few of them..The man with a red hat and the gray rock-textured canvas for example..

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 19 2006 :  01:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
thanks leylana, those are perfect examples.

I have to beg to differ on the telegrapg pole too, though. if you watch the scene where everyone is gathered at cameron's cabin, you see the same pole, but the objects hanging from it are swinging in the breeze. not sure what it could be, but I don't think it's a modern-day telegraph pole..... let me know what ya think.

i'll try to post some of the screen captures tonight... got my computer busy burning discs so i can't do much else on it at the moment.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 19 2006 :  01:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
how true keira. you can get sooo absorbed in the movie... i find knowing where the bloopers are distracts me from the "story" at times. they stick out like dog's ba**s once you know they're there.

Keira
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2

January 25 2006

Posted - April 19 2006 :  03:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You`re right Paazau. Now I can never watch that wonderful deerhunting scene without noticing that damn guy with red hat..How irritating!But it`s still the greatest movie ever

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 20 2006 :  09:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks guys at long last I was able to see the busses and the man with the red baseball cap during the deerhunting scene. It is so obvious to spot after you have seen it for the first time but honestly, without you guys pointing out exactly where it was, I would never have seen this. Not very observant I know.

Thanks Meg as you were the one who told me yesterday exactly where to find the busses. I was always looking in the wrong place for them, right up by the fort instead of behind Montcalm.

How on earth could such a great movie have so many mistakes which obviously nobody noticed. There are people paid to spot these things and whoever did this for LOTM shoud be fired.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 20 2006 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're very welcome. I need to take a closer look at some of these scenes myself....especially the scenes with you know who.....heehee

Uncas: "some food"

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 21 2006 :  03:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Images inserted on some of these. Warning! Don’t look if you don’t want to ruin your viewing pleasure!!!

Crew or equipment visible: Diver visible at the bottom of the waterfall.
Can’t find this one.

Crew or equipment visible: After Fort William Henry has surrendered, the assistant director is visible at the bottom of the screen, wearing a blue baseball cap and waving a megaphone.

Crew or equipment visible: Helicopter visible hovering over the action in the first canoe escape waterfall scene before they plunge over the edge.
Make up your own mind on this one. Could be a helicopter, could be part of the trees…

Revealing mistakes: Gray rock-textured canvas, presumably covering modern trail signs or graffiti, is clearly visible in final scenes. Hawkeye bumps a canvas while running through underpass, and a larger portion is visible as he returns to embrace Cora after Magua's death.

Continuity: Hawkeye shoots a Huron who drops his gun. The gun falls off of a rock and then in the next shot reappears on the rock for Hawkeye to grab as he runs by.

Crew or equipment visible: If you look very carefully during the opening, just as the elk emerges from the trees, you can see a man wearing a red hat, moving right next to the elk.

Anachronisms: As the British are leaving Fort William Henry, two buses are visible in the background as the British General rides by.

Anachronisms: When the British leave the Fort, a propane gas bottle, a plastic box and bucket made of stainless steel can be seen as the soldiers go down the ramp.
This is after Cora looks behind her the first time, and before we see Hawkeye.

Continuity: When Cora is in the bedroom with Alice, her hair in braid over her right shoulder, in the next, it is over her left shoulder.

All through the scene Cora’s hair is over her right shoulder…

Then in the last shot before Duncan leaves the room, her hair is over her left shoulder…

Continuity: When the party going to Fort William Henry is attacked, Alice's hair is pinned up in a complex pattern. However, a few minutes later her hair is completely down and there is no evidence that it was ever done up at all.
This is actually when the party are leaving Fort William Henry.

After the single Indians attack the column.

Before Cora shoots the Huron

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 21 2006 :  03:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LeyLana1462
An umbrealla down below, obviously on the road with the buses....lol the picture wouldn't upload.

Must be a jinxed u-m-b-r-e-l-l-a. wouldn't upload for me first two times either... third time lucky???

Had to rename the file... didn't like the word u-m-b-r-e-l-l-a...???

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 21 2006 :  03:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And here's another 'continuity' one...
(No pictures this time...)
When the party is seen walking behind the waterfall, Cora's hair is visibly wet. When we next see her coming around the rock / corner, her hair is blowing in the wind and is drier. Then when she asks Hawkeye about her father, her hair is dripping wet again.

This one (changed dramatically from the book BTW), makes no sense to me, and annoys me every time I watch it... why if the packhorse runs off when the party is ambushed (after leaving Albany) do the two other horses remain, still standing on the path after the melee as if nothing happened?? I can tell ya, they'd be miles away too!! No horse is going to just stand there if no one is holding them with all that commotion going on.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 21 2006 :  09:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey thanks paazau for the pics. I have been searching in vain trying to see that darn guy with the baseball cap and megaphone and now I know just where to look. That does look like a helicopter to me but I will see what it looks like when I spot it in the movie. I have seen some of the others and noticed the thing with Alice's hair and the mix-up in the canoe when Uncas is in front of Alice one minute and then behind her the next. Just spotted the umb[omitted] yesterday myself. Appreciate you taking the time to put these pics on here for us to help us locate them in the movie. Still it does not spoil this masterpiece for me. These things are all very hard to spot and like I said before, unless you know exactly where to look, the normal viewer would not even notice these things.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 21 2006 :  11:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just checked out the "helicopter" and I don't believe it is one. It is just part of the branch sticking up in the air. If it was a helicopter it would move and there is no movement whatsoever. Just my opinion on this matter.

Still cannot find that darn guy with the megaphone. He is definitely hard to spot but I will keep trying. In what exact spot do we find him at the bottom left or right and after what scene?? Please help anyone who can. Thanks

IG
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Last of the Mohicans Topic Next Topic: RUSSELL MEANS TOURING!!  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.52 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07