The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
9/29/2024 1:13:03 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Photo album acquisition
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Fort Loudoun Colonial Trade Faire Topic Next Topic: Need help with a tent  

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - September 11 2004 :  03:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm new to this website and have some 18th century reenacting photos to share... but I don't know how to acquire a photo album! Can someone tell me how? I'm including a picture here of the French Camp at Fort Niagara with the Castle and Lake Ontario in the background. It's one of my most favorite places on Earth!

Image Insert:

70.33 KB

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 11 2004 :  10:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are good to go now - Photo Album has been assigned to your user name.

Have fun!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 12 2004 :  5:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello Carol,
Welcome to the board. Nice picture. I hope you post some more.
Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - September 12 2004 :  11:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Donna, and Thanks richfed for setting up my photo album -- however... I have tried to upload several different photos -- making sure they were under the 120 k limit, and I keep getting an error message. What am I doing wrong?

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Detroit French Marines

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - September 13 2004 :  10:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just because I can't get my photo album to upload photos properly doesn't mean that I won't try to post them here... these are from the Fair at New Boston, 2004, near Springfield Ohio. It's supposed to be one of the best market fairs in the country, but I haven't been to others except Manskers Station. I just know it's a lot of fun and that a lot of my friends show up there! So here are my best photos from that event:

Image Insert:

47.57 KB
This is the Lacemaker in front of his marquee.

Image Insert:

40.43 KB
And yes, this young man is swollowing his sword! Otto the Magnificent, or however he describes himself. I missed the fire-eating.

Image Insert:

57.2 KB
Signora Bella before she did her slack-rope walking act. I couldn't wait to take her picture while she performed since I was on my way to the food vendors -- much more important! Besides, I had already seen her perform once before.

Image Insert:

61.98 KB
Many of you ladies (and gentlemen) will recognize the ribbons and trims of Wooded Hamlet, my favorite merchant. Kenneth wasn't minding the store, 'else I would have gotten his smiling face in the picture, too.

Image Insert:

51.91 KB
Two 1/2 of Gary Barker's new red oxen, and the namesakes of my own little red ox that pulls all my worldly possessions to these events (AKA my little red Wrangler)

For those of you who have never been to an 18th century Market Fair, I recommend that you go to any and all that you can manage. Nothing else like 'em!

Rose

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Detroit French Marines
  Previous Topic: Fort Loudoun Colonial Trade Faire Topic Next Topic: Need help with a tent  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07