The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
9/29/2024 9:27:24 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Siege 1759 at Fort Meigs: Post-Battle Assesment
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: period tattoos Topic Next Topic: The Adventcha Continues.....  

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 25 2004 :  09:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a blast! I mean that literally, since they are one of the few sites that use explosive F/X during the battles. There is nothing like watching an artillery barrage being fired from enemy lines followed by the ground 'blowing-up' in front of you. Good stuff, indeed!!! This year, it was not as hot and we did not fight in the 'Valley of Death' (As we called the area by the Maumee River, where we fought last year's battle). Truly a perfect combination of weather, staff and units.

The staff at the site are truly a breath of fresh air compared to some of the creatins that those of us in the hobby must deal with from time to time. These folks do a tremendous amount of good, with the resources they have, and my hat is off to all of them. Their volunteers were also top-notch, and they insured that the whole weekend went on perfectly.

This event is worth any F&IW reenactor participating in, at least once. Trust me, you will not regret it!!!

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."
report to moderator

42ndNCO
Pioneer

42ndEnsign
USA

September 23 2002

Posted - August 25 2004 :  12:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit 42ndNCO's Homepage  Send 42ndNCO an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Echo the Sargeant's comments. Meigs knows what it's doing from taking care of its re-enactor guests to organizing all the neccessaries that go into pulling off an event. They even had the local Toledo ABC-affiliate there Sunday morning interviewing the various participants.

(Oh, Mr. DeVille, I'm ready for my close-up now!)

Ft. Meigs, btw, is the largest enclosed wooden stockaded fort in the country-- definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Humbly &c.,
Ensign mcmillan
1/42nd Royal Highlanders
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

42ndOfficer
Pioneer

Duncan
USA

August 29 2004

Posted - August 29 2004 :  10:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit 42ndOfficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes,and I told them that I played Henri Bouquet in George Washington's First War.

42ndNCO
Pioneer

42ndEnsign
USA

September 23 2002

Posted - August 30 2004 :  8:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit 42ndNCO's Homepage  Send 42ndNCO an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 42ndOfficer

Yes,and I told them that I played Henri Bouquet in George Washington's First War.

Yeah, but did the hot-looking weather girl give you her number in exchange for wearing your bonnet while she interviewed the other participants?

Humbly &c.,
Ensign mcmillan
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

42ndOfficer
Pioneer

Duncan
USA

August 29 2004

Posted - August 30 2004 :  9:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit 42ndOfficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nah,I'm not into long-distance relationships.
  Previous Topic: period tattoos Topic Next Topic: The Adventcha Continues.....  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07