The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 6:23:10 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 The New World
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Alone in the Wilderness Topic Next Topic: Warriors: Native American Vietnam Veterans a PBS doc.  

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Posted - August 19 2004 :  09:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://movieweb.com/movies/film.php?2610

It looks like this film has the potential to be a good one.

The director is the former director of the movie: "A Thin Red Line."
So, I imagine he'll have some good action scenes.

The director of cinematography is the same one who did "Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Hopefully, the movie will have a sort of gloomy, period-feel like Sleepy Hollow did.

report to moderator

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 19 2004 :  10:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
NOT TO MENTION THAT WES STUDI IS IN IT!!!!!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - October 10 2004 :  5:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The New World:
http://www.moviecitynews.com/arrays/2004/new_world_pic.html

Filming in VA:
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=75299&ran=131533

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 10 2004 :  6:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That second link is a very interesting article. Thanks for posting those links.

At last! Another potentially good historical movie to look forward to!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - October 11 2004 :  10:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're welcome, WW. I thought the 2nd article was very inyteresting, too. I've got a friend who works full-time at the archeological dig at Jamestown. I haven't talked to him in awhile, but I think he'd have an inside scoop on the movie. Maybe I'll give him a call. Seems like this might be the time oy year to visit Williamsburg. Cooler temps and you mught meet a movie star.

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - November 18 2004 :  12:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Check out the latest news on the film at:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041005f.php

Read the part where they dismantled a 16th century house....

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 18 2004 :  1:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fascinating!

Am I correct in my understanding that the 16th century house you mentioned was not reassembled just for this movie? It sounds like it has been in its current place for some time, as the author mentioned the manor house is a museum and the maze that is "always there."

Also, the actor Roger Rees the author talks about is the same man who portrayed Gen. Hugh Mercer in The Crossing. Good actor!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 18 2004 :  3:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the article. I hated there was no mention of Wes Studi. I particularly loved the phrase..."I personally do not like Colin Farrell as an actor. He's just too Colin Farrelly all the time." Sounds like something I would say

Can't wait to see this one!

GG

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - November 19 2004 :  12:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello WW,
Yea, I think you're right, it sounds like the house was moved in colonial times. They must have had quite an attachment to the house to move it overseas.

quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

Fascinating!

Am I correct in my understanding that the 16th century house you mentioned was not reassembled just for this movie? It sounds like it has been in its current place for some time, as the author mentioned the manor house is a museum and the maze that is "always there."

Also, the actor Roger Rees the author talks about is the same man who portrayed Gen. Hugh Mercer in The Crossing. Good actor!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - November 19 2004 :  07:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey GG! Over in Wes Studi land we wish there was more mention of him as well, but no matter. There will be plenty of mention when the movie comes out because he will steal the show!!!

BTW, for all the Studi fans here in Mohicanland, Wes has also been shooting a movie called "Animal" with Ving Rhames, with who he co-starred in "Undiputed", and he also did some voice work for the Disney sequel to "Brother Bear".

Blessings,
Carter

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - November 19 2004 :  08:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TWO Wes Studi movies to look forward to, one with Roger Rees and one with Ving Rhames??? Excellent news! (Neutral on Colin Farrell.) Thanks for mentioning that Roger Rees played General Mercer, WW, I didn't remember the actor's name.

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 20 2004 :  06:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definitely sounds like a winner & a movie to look forward to ...

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2004 :  10:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bookworm
Thanks for mentioning that Roger Rees played General Mercer, WW, I didn't remember the actor's name.

Er....... confession time, BW. I actually didn't remember his name, either. The glowing report made me curious so I looked him up and said to myself: "Oh! I know who he is! Yes, indeedy. He is good!"

Previous Topic: Alone in the Wilderness Topic Next Topic: Warriors: Native American Vietnam Veterans a PBS doc.  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07