The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 8:23:19 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 The Next James Bond
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Collateral (Michael Manns latest) Topic Next Topic: Who would you choose as the new James Bond?  

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - August 18 2004 :  5:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there's going to be a new one! Seems Pierce Brosnan has done all he wants to do with the role. Some of the possibilities mentioned include Hugh Jackman (X-Men, Van Helsing), Eric Bana (Black Hawk Down, Troy), Clive Owen (King Arthur), and -- someone who needs no introduction here, after recent posts -- Ioan Gruffudd. (I can hear Scott laughing already!)

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama
report to moderator

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - August 19 2004 :  09:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi,

I thought they'd already chosen that geeky looking guy who was 'the Hulk' - Eric Bana but I could be wrong.

I would presonally cast Christian Bale - he's got the right look - dark and broody and well he's not short of a few muscles. Plus he's British and James Bond is defo a Brit.

Whatta you reckon?

Jacy :)
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 19 2004 :  11:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Jacy,
I've seen conflicting reports on who is going to play James Bond. Here is an article that I found today.

Eric Bana not James Bond, says rep
Posted on Mon, 2-Aug-2004

London newspapers reported this past weekend that Eric Bana has signed to star as James Bond in the next 007 movie "The Man with The Red Tattoo", citing an anonymous source.

Moviehole checked in with a rep for Eric Bana today who debunked reports that the Melbourne-boy actor has been offered the role of 007.

"There's no truth to the story. He hasn't even been approached to play the role", says our source.

In April, Moviehole also heard whispers that MGM wanted Bana. We asked Bana, who laughed it off saying he hadn't been approached and that he didn't consider himself a Bond type.

But then again, he could be the next James Bond and they are just trying to keep it quiet. I haven't really thought about who I would like to see as James bond. My husband would say Jackie Chan.
Can't you just imagine Jackie with an English accent.

Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - August 19 2004 :  11:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMG I almost coked on my haribo gummi bear! Jacki Chan - I think he's fab but not quite a James Bond....

I was hoping it wouldn't be Eric Bananah!

still think Christian Bale would be the best followed closely by Hugh Jackman.

Jacy ;)

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 19 2004 :  11:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok , I know I'm been prone to ridiculous fantasies...but I vote for DANIEL DAY LEWIS as 007! NOW THAT would get my attention!!!

GG

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 19 2004 :  9:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok , I know I'm been prone to ridiculous fantasies...but I vote for DANIEL DAY LEWIS as 007! NOW THAT would get my attention!!!

Mmmmmmm, that sounds good to me GG!!! He's about the right age, he's English, he's good looking. Yep, DDL could pull it off.
Not a ridiculous fantasy at all. At least it is better than Jackie Chan.

Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - August 20 2004 :  03:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know what ladies, scrap Christian Bale DDL is a much better choice, he is sexy,suave and definitely broody!

Yep - maybe we should do a poll!!

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - August 21 2004 :  12:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I recall reading in an interview that early in his career DDL was asked about the possibility of taking on the James Bond role, and his response was "Never say never." But that was then, and now I doubt that he would want to play the same character over and over again. Heck, he doesn't seem to want to play ANY role all that often!

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 22 2004 :  6:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think we need pictures of these contenders. Anyone have photos that they could put up? It's been almost 5 years since I've been to a movie theatre so these new names are foreign to me.

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - August 23 2004 :  04:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hi Caitlin,

I tried to insert pics of the contenders for you but couldn't do it so I could either e-mail you with the pics or you could have a look at the attached web address and just type in the names?

http://www.imdb.com

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2004 :  3:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll take a look at the link you provided, thanks Jacy!

I just didn't want to vote without getting a look at these fine gentleman, though I still think Sean Connery has always been a hard act to follow!

What about that Ralph Fiennes fellow?

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2004 :  9:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Caitlin,
Actually, Ralph Fiennes would make a great James Bond. He's handsome, charming, and very sexy. But knowing Hollywood, they will probably go for someone a little younger.

Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - August 24 2004 :  03:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Kay,

you've thrown a spanner in the works there cos he is a good looking guy too - let's face it the list is probably endless! Young Joe Fiennes is yummy - he was in Shakespeare in Love and has really smouldering eyes.

I agree with Caitlin though Sean Connery will always be a hard act to follow - he was the best JB - he was a serious assassin - none of that Roger Moore funny rubbish! PS No probs about the links - anytime.

Jacy x

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - August 24 2004 :  2:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What about Ewan McGregor or Stuart Townsend? They might be fun to watch. It would also help McGregor shake off the inevitable "Star Wars" hangover his career is hitting.
I really wish Lucas had not been so heavy handed in his own involvement in these new movies. He should have gone back to the roots of the Star Wars saga- the study of Akira Kurosawa's techniques, Joseph Campbells', "Journey of the Hero" concept. Instead it seems he fell in love with special effects and let his storyline become muddled and cheap feeling. The love story in Episode 2 was revolting, it was fumbling- Hayden Christensen blows.
At any rate, pardon the above rant- the Bond franchise needs to find someone they can get a half dozen good films out of. That's what was nice about Connery and Moore, you learned to like their interpretation of the character over a decade or so. Connery was always great and eventually Moore grows on you.

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - August 25 2004 :  03:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi,

totally agree about Star Wars - the originals are the best every-time, speaking from experience though I think with along with Kevin Costner - Mr McGregor needs to be trained further in the art of the English accent... I thought he was almost as bad as Keanu Reeves in Dracula! Ewan is trying to take on the role of Sir Alec Guiness who was a fantastic actor and so defo needs a few lessons as I don't think the force was with him in the last two movies!
Hayden Christensen was awful!

Anyway back to Bond - you're right about them having to choose wisely so they can get as many movies out of the guy as possible. Although I would love to see DDL take on the role - I'm standing by Christian Bale. I might reserve judgement though until I've seen the new Batman.

Thumbs up or down - let me know!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 25 2004 :  09:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I enjoy watching Ewan MacGregor - Not sure I have a comment on how "good" an actor he is - just like most of his movies - so he can't be TOO bad. My favorite though is Moulin Rouge...He has the sweetest singing voice!

Another British actor that I like very much is Jim Broadbent, and boy does he have some range, from Bridget Jones' dowdy Dad to Boss Tweed in Gangs of New York to Moulin Rouge and Iris. Out of the running for James Bond but very versatile and it's fun to watch his performances.

GG

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - September 12 2004 :  9:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Had to jump in here with the Ewan McGregor mention. :) I enjoy his work as well. I'll not hold my breath that he'd take the Bond role. He has said before that he's into doing the "Hollywood thing" and does movies where he likes the scripts (hates stuff like "Independence Day")... yes, Star Wars is an exception ("I know what I said, but, hey! This is Star Wars!") because he grew up with it and his uncle is Denis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles. He'll even agree Phantom Menace was flat.

daire

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - September 13 2004 :  03:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't seen Moulin Rouge yet so I should really be reserving judgement on Ewan's acting cos I've heard it's really good, I know I'm awful! ;)

Bond girl - a good one would be Reese Witherspoon - she's a fab actress I reckon?

x

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - September 13 2004 :  7:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When I first saw MR, I was in sensory shock. So be warned... :) LOL I loved Ewan in it and he has a great voice, but for most people they either love it or hate it. I'm one of the few in the middle... it's grown on me, but I'm not a rabid Rougie. Only bought the dvd because of Ewan and I got it for 50 cents. ;) (One drawback is that now every time I see Faramir in LOTR, I see him as Audrey in MR...yep, same actor, but it's a short part in MR.)

Reese... yeah, I can see her pulling off a Bond Girl role... I enjoy her on the screen. :)

daire

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - September 14 2004 :  03:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After you have highly recommended it I will have to go and rent it out! Problem is who to watch it with - I didn't see it first time round cos all my friends had seen it and my boyfriend doesn't like anything with singing in - but I guess it's a chick flick anyway!

You like Dirty Dancing? That's just been voted the most favourite film by the Brit population - we love it! Partick Swayze is fab AND he can dance! It's always been a chick flick but one I never tire of - my friends wack it on when we have a girly nite in!

I missed that one out on UL13's poll of my all time favourite film!

Gonna see CATS tonight at the Empire in Liverpool, can't wait!

x ;)

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - September 14 2004 :  8:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Watch it next chick flick night! :) Most who like it have no qualms about watching it again (and again and again...). And you can always watch it by yourself with no interruptions to the Ewan drooling. LOL

Wow, I haven't seen Dirty Dancing in years...I have it on tape, somewhere...but in my own preferences, it's not my most favorite film. :) PS can dance, I'll grant you.

Hope you enjoyed your night out!

daire

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - September 15 2004 :  03:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi,

will defo rent it out then!

CATS was brilliant - don't know if you've seen it or anything but I would recommend it anytime!

Jacy x

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - September 15 2004 :  8:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Heh, I'm more of a dog person.

daire

Jacy
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

August 12 2004

Posted - September 16 2004 :  03:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ooo you're a cheeky one

Jacy x
  Previous Topic: Collateral (Michael Manns latest) Topic Next Topic: Who would you choose as the new James Bond?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.61 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07