The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/1/2024 9:53:18 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Inside the Longhouse
 Event: Bill Miller in Asheville, NC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Bill Miller is nominated for a GRAMMY Award! Topic Next Topic: Native American art in South Carolina  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 10 2004 :  09:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Previous Month  July 2004  Next Month
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

From Bill's publicist:

Greeting's to Everyone.

Just a quick note to mention some events that have developed in the last week.

July 11th, In Columbus OH Bill is going to headline an event that is designed to bring awareness to Native American culture, environmental issues and Indian people in the state of Indiana. The event will be sponsored by Wheatfield's (a historic farm/farmhouse) which provides programming for schools, seniors and tour groups. There will also be a VIP private concert before the show. address is 4290 East 800 N, Columbus IN, or you can call 812-526-2947 Tickets are $20 and $35.

July 16th, in Knoxville TN Bill will be at the Mountain Laurel Gallery which is located in the Candy Factory Building at the World's Fair Site in Knoxville.The gallery's Workshop is scheduled between 12:00am to 4:00pm on July 16th and the concert begin @ 8pm.Workshop fee is to be $20.Concert $10 or both for $25. 865-548-2920

July 23rd, in Ashville NC You can treat your self to a wonderful meal and the music of Bill Miller @ Spirits on The River, 571 Swannanoa River Rd. Enjoy the great food and the chance to see Bill Play in this intimate atmosphere. Tickets are $25.00 Seats are limited so please RSVP. @ 828-299-1404

We look forward to seeing you !

SPIRITS ON THE RIVER
report to moderator

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 10 2004 :  12:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went and got my ticket yesterday for the Spirits on the River concert. Had lunch while I was there, and it was so nice out on the back deck.
If anyone else would like to meet up for SOTR, please let me know!
Oh, and ladies, I'll have 2 cameras with me just to make sure I don't miss a thing!
Steph
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 11 2004 :  11:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,

That's Columbus, INDIANA!!! And Karen & I are headed that way later today! Can't wait to hear/see Bill Miller once again. Just hoping the rain will stay away long enough for us to see him - it will be an outdoor performance. (But then, after the Gathering - what's a little rain???

I'll borrow my son's digital camera and take a few pics. Stephanie, I never thought we'd have the chance to see him before you all down there in Asheville. I was rather envious til Karen called me Friday am with the news he was going to be so close to home.

Jayne

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2004 :  8:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Imagine my surprise when I opened the paper on Friday morning (it was Thursday's paper as I'm usually a day behind)and saw a big ole picture of Bill Miller! I couldn't believe that he was actually going to be appearing so close to where Jayne and I live. What a great day we had. This was the first year for this event, so it was a small and intimate group. All of the speakers were interesting and informative and Bill Miller was just too good for words. He's such a talented and caring man and I now consider myself a huge fan. Jayne will soon be posting a picture of the three of us as she had the digital camera. There I was feeling sorry for myself that I couldn't go to Grandfather Mountain, when along came Bill Miller. What a lucky gal I am!

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 12 2004 :  10:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill Miller was absolutely awesome. As Karen said, it was a small crowd, but Bill performed with the same intensity and energy as if there were hundreds of us in the audience. He took such care to make sure his guitar was tuned and sound was right. The show was informal and he chatted with people who were up close. I thought it was very personal and spiritual. He sang many of the same songs and a few others - no Bob Dylan or Neil Young this time (out of respect for his "elders"). He played several kinds of flutes, used a native drum, and also the harmonica on a couple of tunes.

So anyone who has the chance to see him at Spirits...I WARNED him about people like you!! He remembered his performance 2 yrs ago and said "Hey, I'm playing there in a couple of weeks!" He was very congenial about having pictures taken with him. The woman who snapped them was intent on getting a good one and Bill was most patient! Karen has pictures of his performance on a regular camera, so maybe she can get them posted if they turn out. Make that two huge fans, Karen!

Image Insert:

82.64 KB[/size=1Image Insert:

82.51 KB

Image Insert:

[size=1] 77.82 KB

PS No sign of The Mystery Man - damn, damn!

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2004 :  11:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Karen and Jayne,
I am so glad that y'all were able to see Bill Miller!!! Those are great pictures!!!

Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 25 2004 :  09:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Lowery Begay & Bill Miller perform at Spirits on the River in Asheville this past Friday night

Thanks, Steph for the photo!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 25 2004 :  11:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Rich for posting the picture. I should have more pictures to upload but I'm having a little trouble with the file size. Working on it...
Steph

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - July 25 2004 :  12:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, Stephanie.

Looks like you had an up-close seat! Hope you enjoyed the concert as much as Karen & I enjoyed the one here. Look forward to other pictures.
(Karen has some I haven't seen yet, but they're developed and hopefully she'll get a few more posted, too.)

Jayne

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 25 2004 :  1:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WHoaaaaaa! Steph! You must have had a great seat! AND what a treat to see Lowery Begay again too! Did he do a hoop dance again? Come on now...did you see "the guy"? I bet you had a great time - wish I could have made it up!

GG

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 25 2004 :  4:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great picture, Stephanie! I think Bill was wearing the same beads when we saw him here. I haven't gotten my film developed yet as I'm waiting for something interesting to take pictures of to finish off the film. I may have to give that idea up and just take it in anyway!It hasn't been too interesting around here lately!!

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - July 25 2004 :  8:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey wonderful pictures!
It's great to see a performer be so warm and friendly.

Glad you had a good time.....
Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 25 2004 :  9:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe, just maybe, with the Great Sachem's guidance, I might have this picture thing figured out. Bear with me!
Bill Miller, of course, was wonderful! He played many of the songs we've heard before but also a couple of new tunes. Seats were pre-assigned and oddly enough I was seated in the exact same spot I sat in at the Joanne Shenandoah concert; front and center. Great seat but a little scary when the dancers come out. Here is another picture of Bill and Lowery Begay:

Image Insert:

36.85 KB

Unfortunately, Lowery did not dance for us. However, I did get the chance to speak with him after the show. What a great guy!
Some other familiar faces:

Image Insert:

5.19 KB

I didn't know Jonathan Feather was a hoop dancer, but he is!
Here was another surprise: Bill sang a duet with his (Bill's) daughter, Shana (sp?)

Image Insert:

32.5 KB

As Jayne pointed out, Bill is so gracious about posing for pictures and also signing autographs:

Image Insert:

3.39 KB

What's that? Was who there? Oh, you mean HIM!!!!!!! Yes, who do you think took the picture of me and Bill?? Yes ladies I still have the camera and I promise not to wipe it off, ever. Might even put it up for auction hahaha! I couldn't believe it when he offered, in his deep Uncas-voice, to take the picture! Seriously, Mystery Man seems like a very nice guy, and his girlfriend is just precious. She has a young son who was so well-mannered. Impressive folks! So I couldn't just push her off the deck, sorry, ladies!!!
Here ya go...

Image Insert:

3.63 KB

Overall a great evening, but I was sure missing my Mohican friends. Bill Miller is scheduled to appear at the Coker Creek Gathering in east TN in late September, and I think Lowery Begay might be there as well. Should be a worthwhile event. Now I can't say for sure if the Mystery Man will be there or not.....
:-)

DianaPoet
Lost in the Wilderness

November 19 2004

Posted - November 28 2004 :  10:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit DianaPoet's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,

I am writing an authorized book about Bill's music, art and lectures. Please tell me what you would like to read and see (regarding photographs) in the book. Thank you.

Diana
dianat@touro.edu
www.dmnforums.com
  Previous Topic: Bill Miller is nominated for a GRAMMY Award! Topic Next Topic: Native American art in South Carolina  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07