The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/2/2024 5:37:38 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 A Reenactor Story
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Charter Day at Conrad Weiser Homestead--AAR Topic Next Topic: Need some info  

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Posted - March 15 2004 :  10:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those who know Bob Bearor, and those who don't, I think you'll find this story interesting:

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/031404/B4webultimatemain.html

Regards,
Jim
report to moderator

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 15 2004 :  10:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good article Jim, I met Mr. Bearor once and he impressed me as gentleman adventurer and all around good guy.

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 16 2004 :  07:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great tribute to a great man! Thanks, Jim.....

I started my F&I involvement many years ago with Bob as members of the now-defunct Partisans. Other names you might recognize who belonged to that group are Chris Gilgun, Fred Gowen, Mark Daiute, Louis Alarie, George "Peskunck" Larrabee, Lance Grabowski and Peter Marques (Tentsmiths). George Bray (Major Bray, LOTM website Historian) was also involved with this bunch, but I do not recall if he was a member or just hung out with us! I do know that I met and became friends with George through the Partisans. We were a 'spread out' bunch, and we all were never together at the same time. When we did get together, we did some wild adventures on Lake George, The upper Susquehanna, Peck's Pond, the Delaware River and a few other remote places....and we all survived!

Bob Bearor is certainly one of the shining, guiding lights in our hobby and deeply deserves the recognition he receives. He is an icon of F&I War reenacting, for sure.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Tim Cordell
Pioneer

USA

July 18 2002

Posted - March 16 2004 :  1:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have been with Bob & Holly twice in the last month..At Lk. George & the Deerfield Raid. I very much treasure our friendship. I will see them again this Saturday for a belated St. Patrick's Day get together. Be assured that I will let Bob & Holly know of everyone's kind thoughts and words on this site. The sticking point is.....Bob won't go "on line". He refuses to get a computer. I have been adamant about him missing out on so much material. Perhaps I'll tie him down and make him read these messages on my or our host's computer. By the way, Bob is an excellent Irish tenor--knows all of the songs and is great fun.. Regards to all..Tim

Tim Cordell

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - March 16 2004 :  6:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello All,
I'll ditto everyone's comments on Bob, he is a great guy.
The last time I saw Bob was at the Death of Lord Howe event, a couple of year's ago. He did an outstanding job as the coordinator for the event. I went on the trek that retraced the path that the French scouting party took before the Howe battle, and I'll tell you that my feet were killing me by the end of the day!

I wonder if he's still going to try to put together the Battle of Lake George next year? I'll make a point to do that event!

Speaking of 250th events, I wonder what's up with the 250th of Braddock's Defeat next year?

Jim

quote:
Originally posted by Seamus

Great tribute to a great man! Thanks, Jim.....

I started my F&I involvement many years ago with Bob as members of the now-defunct Partisans. Other names you might recognize who belonged to that group are Chris Gilgun, Fred Gowen, Mark Daiute, Louis Alarie, George "Peskunck" Larrabee, Lance Grabowski and Peter Marques (Tentsmiths). George Bray (Major Bray, LOTM website Historian) was also involved with this bunch, but I do not recall if he was a member or just hung out with us! I do know that I met and became friends with George through the Partisans. We were a 'spread out' bunch, and we all were never together at the same time. When we did get together, we did some wild adventures on Lake George, The upper Susquehanna, Peck's Pond, the Delaware River and a few other remote places....and we all survived!

Bob Bearor is certainly one of the shining, guiding lights in our hobby and deeply deserves the recognition he receives. He is an icon of F&I War reenacting, for sure.

Previous Topic: Charter Day at Conrad Weiser Homestead--AAR Topic Next Topic: Need some info  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07