The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 2:28:26 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 New comer
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: French and Indian War Encampment Topic Next Topic: F&I War : a definitive reference book? paintings?  

Le Canadien-Français
Lost in the Wilderness

Longhunter in Snow
Canada

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 22 2003

Posted - December 22 2003 :  6:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did look at the Mohican Board for a while and I found it is a very interresting forum with great people. I am an addict of history but I am a new comer in reenactement. French is my native and daily language so I must sometimes use my French-English and English-French dictionnary to translate. I am not an avid typist for replies but I am sure to learn many stories from here and there with everyone.

Here where I came from : http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/qc/fortchambly/index_e.asp
report to moderator

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - December 22 2003 :  7:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Le Canadien-Français

I did look at the Mohican Board for a while and I found it is a very interresting forum with great people. I am an addict of history but I am a new comer in reenactement. French is my native and daily language so I must sometimes use my French-English and English-French dictionnary to translate. I am not an avid typist for replies but I am sure to learn many stories from here and there with everyone.

Welcome Aboard!

Highlander
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 22 2003 :  7:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to you, Monsieur! We are very glad to have you here. This will be a good place for you to practice both your English and your typing! We hope that you will feel free to join in whenever you would like.

I followed the link you posted and that fort is very beautiful. Do you re-enact there at the fort?

Le Canadien-Français
Lost in the Wilderness

Longhunter in Snow
Canada

December 22 2003

Posted - December 22 2003 :  7:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has a newcomer in reenactement I plan to start in spring 2004. I would like to join the "Milice de Chambly" but wy job takes about all of my time for the moment. La Milice de Chambly and La Compagnie Franche de la Marine have regularly reenactement at Fort Chambly. I hope for a rendez-vous in august for La Fête de la Saint-Louis, didn't have one last year. I will get some info for that. Au revoir

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/qc/fortchambly/index_e.asp

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 23 2003 :  09:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello, Le Canadien-Francais, nice to have another reenactor aboard. You should find this place both a wealth of information and fun chat/banter with alot of good people.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

YoungNative
Pioneer

May 19 2003

Posted - December 24 2003 :  12:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Send YoungNative an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to the message board and to reenacting. I look forward to meeting you at an event.

Good people, uncle when do i get to meet them? Just kidding.
Yes, there are alot of good people both here and in the reenacting community.

-Ouisaw Kitehi

"Re-enacting is life, the rest is just history." -me

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -M. L. King Jr.

"music is like this porthole into another world - the world of truth."
-Trey Anastasio

"you do not have to fear what goes bump in the night, when you become what lurks in the dark" - unknown

Le Canadien-Français
Lost in the Wilderness

Longhunter in Snow
Canada

December 22 2003

Posted - December 24 2003 :  11:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
<Uncle for sure once more... My sister Marie-France had a newborn girl yesterday at 8h31 AM. 7½lbs for 21". Little Maude. I am very happy, she is for sure the geatest Chrismast gift to all the family.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 24 2003 :  2:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations! A new little one in the family is always fun. I had a great-grandmother whose name was Maude. Enjoy your niece, Uncle!

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - December 24 2003 :  10:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bonjour monsieur,
I visited Fort Chambly in 2000. Nice place. I also spent Friday night at Jackys? -- it was a local nightclub. That was fun! Bienvenue a la groupe.

a bientot,
Jim

quote:
Originally posted by Le Canadien-Français

Le Canadien-Français
Lost in the Wilderness

Longhunter in Snow
Canada

December 22 2003

Posted - December 29 2003 :  6:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am happy you have enjoyed the place here. We are very proud of our fort.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/qc/fortchambly/index_f.asp

Henry dit Henry
Lost in the Wilderness

Canada

April 03 2004

Posted - April 03 2004 :  1:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Bonjour a tous !

I am also new on this forum , and I am also a
French speaking re-enactor from Québec , the unit
I belong to is ..... la Milice de Chambly .
www.geocities.com%252Flasrhq%252FMilice.html%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPIndex2%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2Flasrhq%2FMilice.html" target="_blank">http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=Milice+de+chambly&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D946da9d4ea9f44a8%26clickedItemRank%3D3%26userQuery%3DMilice%2Bde%2Bchambly%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.geocities.com%252Flasrhq%252FMilice.html%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPIndex2%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2Flasrhq%2FMilice.html
Well... actually I am still in probation with the group,
still gathering clothes and equipment ( a8apon and
and sunday's best ) For the momment I am working on a
" fusil de chasse et de service "with parts from Track of the Wolf.
I hope to have it ready for the " Plantation du Mai "
celebration , on may 1 at the fort .

A bientôt,
Votre humble et dévoué serviteur
Henry ... dit Henry

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - April 03 2004 :  3:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bonsoir, Henri,

I have spent MANY happy hours wandering around Fort Chambly!! I lived in St. Bruno and worked in downtown Montreal, for three years. Visiting Fort Chambly was one of our favourite, regular Sunday afternoon outings!!

Thank you for the link to the Fort Chambly site - it was WONDERFUL to 'wander round' once more!!!

MERCI, et - BIENVENUE!

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom
  Previous Topic: French and Indian War Encampment Topic Next Topic: F&I War : a definitive reference book? paintings?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07