The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 8:21:41 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 The Alamo may be moved to April 2004
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: *NEW* The Alamo Movie Poster Topic Next Topic: Can it be??? ... Historical Inaccuracies in even this, the NEW Alamo Movie!  

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - October 28 2003 :  9:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Aint it cool news .com has reported that rumors have spread that THE ALAMO may be moved from premiering Christmas day to APRIL 2004.

www.thealamofilm.com/forum is investigating this.I am highly pissed if this rumor is true.Excuse my language,but I've been anticipating this film for a while now and then this....

I really hope they release this film on Christmas.

Remember the Alamo,
Wade

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 29 2003 :  07:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OH NOOOO!! Say it ain't so. Does it say why they might postpone it?

Theresa
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - October 29 2003 :  3:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WELL ITS TRUE.

The ALamo will premiere April of 2004 due to request of the film makers.The composer isn't done with the score and there's other problems.....I'm really pissed.

Excuse my language.

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 29 2003 :  4:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now, now, youngun! Curb yer impatience! Ya want it to be perfect, don'cha?? Just think how much more you will enjoy it, having a few more months to build up the anticipation...

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - October 29 2003 :  4:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 29 2003 :  7:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Plus, getting the music right can make a difference in the overall impact the film has on an audience - it always does. Perhaps, it will make it worth the wait.

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - October 29 2003 :  7:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think another reason they might be delaying it is the plethora of good movies that are going to be released in December: The Last Samurai, Cold Mountain, The Lord of the Rings, etc. -- too much competition I believe.

Jim

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - October 29 2003 :  9:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep,Carter Burwell the composer for Fargo and other films is doing the sountrack to the Alamo and he "supposedly" is no where near finished with the score.

Yes,competition may eb a factor and I do understand they want to make this perfect.....but I waited about a year for this and then....they delay it another 6 months.Oh well....gives me more time for my book and more murchandise tocome strolling in.It does anger me though.....

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - November 16 2003 :  11:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seeems it will help the film be better since it wont release until April.The score isnt finished and as of now they are editing so.....we can only hope the best.There is to be a third trailer coming out soon and the official Alamo movie website has gotten a face lift with a great gallery of pictures from the film.

Check it out here:
www.alamo.movies.com

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 25 2004 :  1:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well,now we have...2 1/2 months to go....Hoozah!

www.alamosentry.com
  Previous Topic: *NEW* The Alamo Movie Poster Topic Next Topic: Can it be??? ... Historical Inaccuracies in even this, the NEW Alamo Movie!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07