The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 4:55:51 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Universal Studio classic monsters/best horror film
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Warriors: Native American Vietnam Veterans a PBS doc. Topic Next Topic: Stephen King films
Page: of 2

Two Kettles
Colonial Settler

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 01 2002

Posted - October 29 2003 :  11:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There have been so many wonderful, scary movies already mentioned here, I'll just toss out a few that I think have been missed:

THE OMEN
THE ENTITY (OK, I know it's been mentioned, but it creeps me out every time I see it)
THE WICKER MAN
"Sins of the Fathers" on "Night Gallery" (with a very young Richard Thomas as the son of a sin eater)
"The Grave" on "Twilight Zone", with Lee Marvin as an ill-fated bounty hunter
THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE
THE BODY SNATCHER Boris Karloff as a "resurrectionist" in 1830's Edinburgh

Two Kettles
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - July 08 2004 :  7:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I recently found another spooky one. It's a ghost movie, "The Innocents"(1961), starring Deborah Kerr as the new nanny for a couple of young children at their sprawling English estate. Unusually well done, if you give it the attention it will suck you right in. If you liked "The Others" this will be right up your alley. Boo!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2004 :  11:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Deborah Kerr in a horror film?!?!?! No way! She is only supposed to be in films where she can wear great big hooped skirts and dance with Yul Brynner, or where she can fall in love with Cary Grant...

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - November 02 2004 :  2:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm happy to see that "Bride of Frankenstein" has taken the lead in this poll. It is far superior to even the original Frankenstein. Karloff reprises his roll with relish and the bride: va-va-voom. It's also great to see the origin of some the most hilarious scenes from Mel Brooks' classic "Young Frankenstein", i.e. the burgomaster.

Two Kettles
Colonial Settler

USA

August 01 2002

Posted - November 05 2004 :  11:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And the beginning of THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, with Shelly, Byron, and Mary Shelly talking about horror while the storm rages outside - talk about classy and classic! It really is a great, intelligent horror movie.

TWO KETTLES
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Warriors: Native American Vietnam Veterans a PBS doc. Topic Next Topic: Stephen King films  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07