The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/4/2024 4:17:32 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Interested in getting into Reenacting as a Huron
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Choose Your Weapons! Topic Next Topic: Carletons raid on Ft. George  

huronwarrior
Lost in the Wilderness

Huron 2
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 12 2003

Posted - October 12 2003 :  11:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in getting involved in reenactments of French and Indian War battles as a Huron warrior. I live in Tennessee and we do not have any reenactmens close to where I live. However, I would be willing to travel to a couple of reenactments a year. I am looking for some help as to which organizations I can contact to get more information on how to get started in this area. I am new to this, but very interested so any help or information that anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Huronwarrior

White man who was born to a Huron Warrior.
report to moderator

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 14 2003 :  12:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you are interested, send me a private message with your e-mail address. I have some contacts here in the Pittsburgh Area of Native Reenactors. One in particular, 'Ghost In The Head', portrays a Huron Warrior. He is good people, and is always willing to help a newcomer make the crossover into native reenacting.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

huronwarrior
Lost in the Wilderness

Huron 2
USA

October 12 2003

Posted - October 14 2003 :  8:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sgt. Munro, Thank you very much for responding. I sent you a private message with my e-mail address.

Huronwarrior

quote:
Originally posted by SgtMunro

If you are interested, send me a private message with your e-mail address. I have some contacts here in the Pittsburgh Area of Native Reenactors. One in particular, 'Ghost In The Head', portrays a Huron Warrior. He is good people, and is always willing to help a newcomer make the crossover into native reenacting.

Your Most Humble Servant,

YoungNative
Pioneer

May 19 2003

Posted - October 15 2003 :  5:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Send YoungNative an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It will be nice to see another native to fight along side, and ghost in the head will help u look pretty.

-kitehi

"Re-enacting is life, the rest is just history." -me

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -M. L. King Jr.

"music is like this porthole into another world - the world of truth."
-Trey Anastasio

"you do not have to fear what goes bump in the night, when you become what lurks in the dark" - unknown

huronwarrior
Lost in the Wilderness

Huron 2
USA

October 12 2003

Posted - October 15 2003 :  9:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Young Native. I look forward to fighting along side you as we battle the English. I will fight valiantly for the French and my Huron brothers. I look forward to getting started and the first day that I take to the battlefield with my musket, knife, and tomahawk.

Previous Topic: Choose Your Weapons! Topic Next Topic: Carletons raid on Ft. George  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07