The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 7:23:09 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Madeleine Stowe Fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: GASTON & HURLEY: The Soldier Pages Topic Next Topic: Reproductions of clothing  

bengui
Pathfinder

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 14 2003

Posted - August 15 2003 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit bengui's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Last april i open a site dedicated to Madeleine (check i at http://www.madeleinestowe.net) thinking that she deserves a real fansite.

I try to update it regularly but as it's a lot of work i would appreciate sincere support from her fans by signing the guestbook...

You can contact me at webmaster@madeleinestowe.net and you will automatically receive a newsletter by email each time my site will be updated.

Best Regards

Bengui
webmaster

www.madeleinestowe.net
report to moderator

bengui
Pathfinder

May 14 2003

Posted - October 02 2003 :  7:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit bengui's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello,

My madeleinestowe.net webmaster email no work very well; so if you want to send message about madeleine or my site, please email me at : ben-cricri@wanadoo.fr

Best regards

Bengui
webmaster

http://www.madeleinestowe.net
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

bengui
Pathfinder

May 14 2003

Posted - October 14 2003 :  1:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit bengui's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hello!,

I am very sad to announce you that http://www.madeleinestowe.net will probably close by the end of this year...

As you know, it cost a lot of time and money to hold such a website. And since the site is opened, i only received 3 supports and 3 person are registered as members.

I am sorry but i can't follow such effort for only 3 members...

The members will continue to receive news via email about madeleine stowe... I want to thanks them for their support.

Best Regards

Bengui

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 18 2003 :  06:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am sorry to hear this, Bengui ...

I don't know what to say, really, other than this:

Web sites such as ours do not appear to be fertile grounds for raising cash to pay for the site. Even a site as large & as popular as this one receives very little - over the long haul - in the way of monetary support. The only item we've ever sold that was a consistent seller is our guide book. Killdeer, for a big-ticket item, also did very well, but its hand-made nature forced sales to be slow. Even our Amazon.com book store brings in only a few dollars every quarter, despite heavy visitation. Of course, I make no claims at being a proficient business man!

If that's your aim, you are doomed to failure.

You need to WORK - hard - to make the site the best it can be. You need to RELENTLESSLY submit to the search engines [consider buying software - Add Web, by Cyberspace, is what we use], seek links with other sites, and, perhaps most of all, be PATIENT! It takes some time to become a well-traveled trail.

In addition, don't let your site's size get away from you. Try to keep it within budget. Ours' got away from us very early on ... it grew so big, so rapidly - and we weren't prepared - before we knew it, we were paying $150 a month just for server space. [That's CANADIAN $$!!!]

Somewhere along the line, you've got to decide if you're in it for the money or for the intangible reasons that most of us keep web sites up for. If it's the former, Madeleine Stowe is the wrong subject for your site.

I know how you feel ... it does seem depressingly futile, at times ... but, if you are patient, if you are relentless, and if you work hard [focusing on CONTENT! To me, nothing worse than a glitzy looking site that comes up empty in the content department], rewards will come.

Here's hoping you can hang in there!
  Previous Topic: GASTON & HURLEY: The Soldier Pages Topic Next Topic: Reproductions of clothing  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07