Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
10/9/2024 7:26:10 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Battle of the Little Bighorn - 1876
 Custer's Last Stand
 "Black Kettle" -- Book Review by Bhist
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Pix From My Trip Topic Next Topic: Finding Sand Creek by Scott and Greene  

bhist
Lt. Colonel

Posted - October 16 2004 :  7:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit bhist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks:

Here is another great book that recently came out. I just posted a new review of it on the Friends of the Little Bighorn Battlefield's website. Hey, Warlord, don't forget to read the review and please, order the book!!

http://www.friendslittlebighorn.com/Black-Kettle-Review.htm

Warmest Regards,
Bob
www.vonsworks.com
www.friendslittlebighorn.com
www.friendsnezpercebattlefields.org

Edited by - bhist on October 16 2004 8:00:23 PM

joseph wiggs
Brigadier General

Posted - October 16 2004 :  9:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I have an opportunity to purchase a book entitled, "Custer, Black Kettle, and the Fight on the Wa****a" by Charles J. Brill. It was originally published in 1938. Have you heard of it and do you recommend it.

Thanks,

Joe.
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

bhist
Lt. Colonel

Posted - October 17 2004 :  08:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit bhist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joseph wiggs

Bob, I have an opportunity to purchase a book entitled, "Custer, Black Kettle, and the Fight on the Wa****a" by Charles J. Brill. It was originally published in 1938. Have you heard of it and do you recommend it.

Thanks,

Joe.

Joe: Yes, I'd recommend the book. It's obviously a little out of date, but still a good reference book.

Warmest Regards,
Bob
www.vonsworks.com
www.friendslittlebighorn.com
www.friendsnezpercebattlefields.org

joseph wiggs
Brigadier General

Posted - October 30 2004 :  9:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob, by the way, add me to the list of persons who appreciate you input to the forum.

lorenzo G.
Captain

Italy

Posted - October 31 2004 :  10:01:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit lorenzo G.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personally I recommend "General Custer and the battle of Wa****a - the federal view", by John M. Carroll - a book that quote all the correspondence through indian agents, army etc. without author intrusion.

If it is to be my lot to fall in the service of my country and my country's rights I will have no regrets.
Custer

joseph wiggs
Brigadier General

Posted - November 08 2004 :  3:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lorenzo, I'll check it out!
  Previous Topic: Pix From My Trip Topic Next Topic: Finding Sand Creek by Scott and Greene  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03