Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
10/8/2024 7:35:03 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Battle of the Little Bighorn - 1876
 Custer's Last Stand
 Did Custer do anything right?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Custer-philes and Custer-phobes Topic Next Topic: Russel Means on Custers Last Stand
Page: of 7

wILD I
Brigadier General

Ireland

Posted - June 22 2004 :  07:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3./4. Again, careful readers have no doubt noted that this is the third time Wild is trying to attribute that quote about artillery being a disappointment to me, rather than whoever composed the quote I provided.
Careful readers have no doubt noted this rather bizzare debating tactic you have of posting quotes to support a position and then disowning them

It doesn't defeat my purpose. Disappointment is subjective opinion,
If you use subjective terms which do not defeat your purpose you cannot then suggest that they support your purpose and therefore they are useless.

Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Dark Cloud
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - June 22 2004 :  12:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Cloud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That isn't true, Wild. The opinion that artillery was a disappointment to some doesn't mean it didn't accomplish what it did, as opposed to the mythical Natty Bumpo brigades. They thought it should have accomplished more, is all. There is no conflict with my position. As I said then, the A bomb was probably a disappointment to someone, but that wouldn't suggest the damage from Hiroshima was really caused by something else, and if someone were quoted as saying it was a disappointment, it wouldn't change anything, would it?

Dark Cloud
copyright RL MacLeod
darkcloud@darkendeavors.com
www.darkendeavors.com
www.boulderlout.com
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Custer-philes and Custer-phobes Topic Next Topic: Russel Means on Custers Last Stand  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03