The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 7:24:41 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Zee EENVEEZABLE Courer de bois!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Daniel Day Lewis almost keelz coureur de bois... Topic Next Topic: Zee eenveezabull coureur de bois scouting out ZEE MANN
Page: of 2

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 21 2011 :  5:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Monadnock Guide

"I suppose the membership/readership has fallen off drastically from what is was only a very few years ago: Fitzhugh Williams, Monadnock Guide, and Wilderness Woman are about the only ones I see online anymore with any "regularity"; even our Sachem, richfed is an infrequent visitor!"
From what I understand James, - most of the "old regulars" are now posting on Face Book, ... tough competition I guess for many sites.

I'm still around! I just tend to "lurk" more than post...

I'm totally into all of the reminiscing! I have really enjoyed James' posts and am thoroughly enjoying reading your posts, Lane. Thank you and "post on!!"

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 21 2011 :  8:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well then Caitlin, don't be shy, keep posting.

you can keep "The Change"

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - October 21 2011 :  8:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well then Caitlin, don't be shy, keep posting.

AMEN to that! And except for a very few mentioned exceptions, I'm beginning to feel like the proverbial John the Baptist - "a Voice crying in the Wilderness"! And I hate to chide, but compared to what I remember, poor Lane has recieved instead of a "warm welcome", almost the "cold shoulder", despite my efforts to the contrary. As for me, I REFUSE to have ANYTHING to do with this "cutesy" facebook garbage, and refer to MG's tag line; I prefer to "talk" to those I already "know" and with whom I think I may have something in common. Therefore, I plan on remaining until I wear out my welcome!

lane batot
Colonial Settler

USA

October 15 2011

Posted - October 22 2011 :  11:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ha! I only need an audience of ONE to ramble on enthusiastically--in fact, some of the BEST story swappin' I've experienced has been with only one or two or three other people around a campfire at night--it's hard to get to know folks in big crowds, and I've never been a fan of big "parties". I cannot access ANYTHING Facebook or Twitter with this work computer(blocked), not that I really want to--I just don't git the whole phenomenon. Why would you just half-arse want to tell a story or try and explain anything? I want to tell things as loooonggg as it takes to tell them, er I jest won't bother. And all that "friending" and "defriending" stuff I hear about--how petty and tiresome that seems! Give me one of these "old-fashioned" blogs anyday! I still write long 50-page PAPER LETTERS to people--one of the LAST of that tribe! I also have no cell phone--probably most definetely the ONLY human on earth so backward--I mean, Pygmies in the Congo, and Masaai herders in East Africa have cell phones, for goodness sakes! I do have an old telephone, but I keep it tethered to the wall in my house so's I kin git AWAY from it! Don't bother trying to call me on it either, until well after dark(except during full moon nights, when you likely won't git me at all!)--and then be prepared to suffer through a lengthy, dramatic answering message of some sort--designed to discourage any tiresome solicitors! Oops; got off subject a bit there.....

lane batot
Colonial Settler

USA

October 15 2011

Posted - October 22 2011 :  11:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
....so perhaps I should start a new thread now with a new subject, specifically, as suggested by James, since you guys have some idea of my personality and participation in "Mohicans". I'm thinking that most folks would like to hear about my encounters with VIP/Stars/Royalty on the sets, so I'll take one celebrity at a time for a subject for each thread....I think at first I will expound more on HIS HIGHNESS THE MANN some more; tiresome in lack of civility though he could be, he was an interestin' critter to watch(as I suppose the appeal of very rude judges on these contest T. V. shows is similar in aspect).... feel free to ask any questions, anyone, on any subject I brought up in this thread or any future one and I'll be happy to peck yer eyes out on it!(Hey! That's a new blog expression I just invented!).....

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 22 2011 :  11:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I, for one, will be most interested to read anything you post. At every Gathering, Soldier #2, Eric Hurley, tells his stories about the filming and I never get tired of listening to them, even though I have heard them many times before. Seems there is always something new each time he tells them.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 22 2011 :  12:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lane batot

....so perhaps I should start a new thread now with a new subject, specifically, as suggested by James, since you guys have some idea of my personality and participation in "Mohicans". I'm thinking that most folks would like to hear about my encounters with VIP/Stars/Royalty on the sets, so I'll take one celebrity at a time for a subject for each thread....I think at first I will expound more on HIS HIGHNESS THE MANN some more; tiresome in lack of civility though he could be, he was an interestin' critter to watch(as I suppose the appeal of very rude judges on these contest T. V. shows is similar in aspect).... feel free to ask any questions, anyone, on any subject I brought up in this thread or any future one and I'll be happy to peck yer eyes out on it!(Hey! That's a new blog expression I just invented!).....

Sounds like a plan ... !!

Flammable
Pioneer

October 18 2009

Posted - October 23 2011 :  10:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

"I suppose the membership/readership has fallen off drastically from what is was only a very few years ago: Fitzhugh Williams, Monadnock Guide, and Wilderness Woman are about the only ones I see online anymore with any "regularity"; even our Sachem, richfed is an infrequent visitor!"
From what I understand James, - most of the "old regulars" are now posting on Face Book, ... tough competition I guess for many sites.

People stopped coming here because of that irritating midi song (which scares me everytime by blasting from my speakers when I click the main forum) on the main forum. It makes the forum experience less fun. Now I have to turn off my speakers everytime I come here but if I forget to do that KABOOM and that midi blasts again.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 23 2011 :  11:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have no idea why you insist on harping on the midi, Flammable. It has been used on this forum for many, many years --- way back when it was a thriving community. I would argue that it has very little to do with people leaving. Through the years, people come; people go. Now, so far from the film's release, there are simply less folks coming. Many of the regulars left because of political reasons; others just move on; and like MG says ... Facebook, etc. are huge reasons. I post on Facebook regularly. It has been a great resource for finding long lost friends from all phases of my life. It clearly lacks a true sense of community. It tends to be a giant free-for-all: unrelated "status" updates, game results, silly videos ... it's mostly fluff. Every one has a different reason for being there. I have grown tired of constantly trying to pump this place up. I made a conscious decision to just let it be whatever the users make it ... within reason. It has had its hey-day, and I doubt it will ever reach those heights again. It will be what it is.

IWLFNDU
Colonial Settler

IWLFNDU
USA

May 08 2010

Posted - October 23 2011 :  11:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

I, for one, will be most interested to read anything you post. At every Gathering, Soldier #2, Eric Hurley, tells his stories about the filming and I never get tired of listening to them, even though I have heard them many times before. Seems there is always something new each time he tells them.

I second that. I asked our good Soldier #2 what his favorite scene was to film, and he replied that no one had ever asked him that! I know folks like to hear about the principal actors (I being one, of course), but I find personal accounts to be most interesting, even if principal actors are no where near involved.

So please, Lane, post on! Like I've told James, fans live vicariously through your adventures!

PS: And welcome to the board!!!

''Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.''

~ Cree Proverb

Flammable
Pioneer

October 18 2009

Posted - October 23 2011 :  11:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Richfed: I was just trying to be funny about the midi song and my dislike for it. I still don't like it, though.

When it comes to activity, I'd rather read few interesting quality posts than lots of oneliners etc.
I have brought this up before but this web page should try to get a interview, by email for example, with Michael Mann. And I mean a hardcore fan interview with depth and not superficial and so called "obvious" questions. That would be very interesting and would light up the boards for a long time. We could all provide questions for the interview.
Has Mann('s people/team) ever been contacted about sth like this?

lane batot
Colonial Settler

USA

October 15 2011

Posted - October 23 2011 :  12:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just goes to show how different people can be--I LIKE the little intro music--but then I'm new to this board, and am on a work computer where the sound is never turned up high, etc. As to an in depth interview with Michael Mann, Flammable, I doubt Master Mann has changed very much in temperment over the years--probably even more crotchety and uncommunicative than ever. This is the guy whom if you encounter face-to-face and say "howdy", won't even look at you or acknowledge yer prescence unless you are somehow famous or a celebrity yourself. Why would someone with such tendencies want to co-mingle with what he regards as peasant-peon-nobody-fans on the internet, when he wouldn't even deign to acknowledge his own peasant-peon-Xtras on the film? I could be wrong, but alas, I doubt it. And actually I've NEVER been wrong; I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.....;) And actually, I think you'd have a better chance contacting almost ANY other VIP connected with that movie to get a conversation going, than THE MANN. Boy, wouldn't it be interesting to get his now grown daughter on here to relate her reminisces--I mentioned her on the other thread I started regarding my encounters and thoughts on THE MANN.....

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 23 2011 :  3:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I enjoy the midi Rich, ... it's the right theme for that era.

you can keep "The Change"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 24 2011 :  1:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by James N.And I hate to chide, but compared to what I remember, poor Lane has recieved instead of a "warm welcome", almost the "cold shoulder", despite my efforts to the contrary.

Speaking for myself, I have been almost overwhelmed by the sheer volume of typing that Lane has done! I've barely had the time to sit and read it all. (Could Facebook and its short posts be the reason for that? ) However, I have found them exceedingly entertaining! So, with that...

Welcome to the Mohicanland Community, Lane! Perhaps your great stories and your wit can help to give us a boost.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

lane batot
Colonial Settler

USA

October 15 2011

Posted - October 24 2011 :  2:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats allright, guys. I didn't figger anyone was giving me the cold shoulder--more that the blog might be a bit cold and people only check back now and again--I do the same thing on the "Christyfest" website--they had me tell all my old tales, but once told, there weren't much else left to say! I was kinda doing it for posterity, as I am so motivated here--you MUST have zee coureur de bois' viewpoint to troolee be completed, non? And Wilderness Woman, ain't no typing going on from me--just a maximum workout for my right index finger! Which you should find even more amazing! And remember, it don't take much to git me goin', as James found out fer himself!!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2011 :  12:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lane batot

And Wilderness Woman, ain't no typing going on from me--just a maximum workout for my right index finger! Which you should find even more amazing!

All of those words, and some even in caps, with one finger? My, my. Yes, I am doubly impressed.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

lane batot
Colonial Settler

USA

October 15 2011

Posted - October 25 2011 :  2:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, my right index finger is BUFF!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Daniel Day Lewis almost keelz coureur de bois... Topic Next Topic: Zee eenveezabull coureur de bois scouting out ZEE MANN  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.62 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07