The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 5:21:14 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Wes Studi Answers a Few Questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Not a Book For Russell Means Topic Next Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis  

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2010 :  07:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest issue of New Mexico magazine features a brief interview with Wes Studi, who's slated to receive one of the Governor's Awards for Excellence in the Arts -- for acting, of course -- next month. The magazine's website hasn't yet been updated to show the new issue, which is unfortunate because the article is accompanied by a nice photo of Wes astride a pale-grayish-white horse. The caption reads: "Actor Wes Studi trains Avalanche, a Ghost Horse stallion," for a Santa Fe breeder. He trains horses? I knew he owned horses, didn't know he trained them. A very multi-dimensional guy, apparently.

Here are a few of the questions and answers:

His happiest times in New Mexico? "High on a mountain, or on the back of a horse."

Least happiest time? "Tax time."

The quality he values most in himself? "Allowing myself to enjoy life."

Quality he values least? "My need for approval."

Who would he like to be stuck with in a snowstorm at the Albuquerque airport? "Whoever this person is, he or she must be able to cook green-chile stew and either frybread or sopaipillas, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to make flan. They must be able to talk beyond polite conversation without interviewing me. Do you know of such a person?"

I wonder how many women just said to themselves, "I am (or can be ) such a person!" and raced off to find recipes for green-chile stew, frybread, and sopaipillas?!

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley
report to moderator
  Previous Topic: Not a Book For Russell Means Topic Next Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07