The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/6/2024 4:18:12 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Benedict Arnold
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Favorite Movies Topic Next Topic: Bad news for the Crowe Ladies  

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 20 2002 :  10:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For all of you fellow Revolutionary War buffs out there... I just found out that A&E will be showing a made for TV movie called "Benedict Arnold: A Question of Honor". It airs January 13th at 8 pm, 7 central.
It stars Aidan Quinn as Arnold, and... I can't quite picture this one, but will give him a chance... Kelsey Grammar (of Fraser fame) as General George Washington.

I have no idea how historically accurate this one is going to be. From what I can tell from the trailer which is available for viewing on the A&E website, it appears as though the movie is putting forth the theory that Arnold turned traitor... for love. He married Peggy Shippen, a British sympathizer, and it appears that the script implies that she somehow influenced his decision. I have not done enough reading about Arnold, yet, to know if this has any basis on truth or not. Anyone out there care to comment?

So, this one could be a complete bust, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I will watch and record it, because I can't stay away from anything that is about the Rev. War. There could be some good battle scenes, and perhaps they will "show" Saratoga.

Ciao.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
report to moderator

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - December 20 2002 :  11:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
It stars Aidan Quinn as Arnold, and... I can't quite picture this one, but will give him a chance... Kelsey Grammar (of Fraser fame) as General George Washington.

Wilderness Woman,
I never imagined Jeff Daniels as George Washington either but he did a magnificent job in "The Crossing".

Theresa
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 20 2002 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Theresa,
Yes, Jeff Daniels was magnificent as George Washington in "The Crossing." I was not surprised, however, after having seen him as Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (another of my heroes) of the 20th Maine, in "Gettysburg." Jeff is far more talented than his part in "Dumb and Dumber"... or whatever that stupid thing was... showed. LOL! I bet he really regrets that one!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Favorite Movies Topic Next Topic: Bad news for the Crowe Ladies  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.24 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07