The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 8:28:28 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Mel Gibson's "The Passion"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Legendary Filmaker Topic Next Topic: Return of the King related band
Page: of 4

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 14 2002

Posted - October 06 2003 :  7:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There is now a fan website for "The Passion" at http://www.passion-movie.com/home.html

On the FAQs page is the following:

Q. Is THE PASSION really going to be in Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic?

(A) Yes, all spoken language in THE PASSION is either in Latin, Aramaic, or Hebrew. It is still under discussion as to whether or not there will be subtitles in the theater release. Rough cuts of the film that have been seen do contain subtitles throughout the film.

There is also news that the crew is back in Italy filming additional footage for the film, so they don't have a final product yet.

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Pen
Colonial Settler

February 03 2003

Posted - October 26 2003 :  7:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The IMDB posted an article on Oct. 24 saying that Jim Caviezel, who plays Jesus, was struck by lightning while on the set. He "escaped uninjured".

Um...how do you get struck by lightning and NOT get hurt some kinda way?

The item is here:

imdb.com (click on 'Movie and TV News)

Pen

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

October 14 2002

Posted - October 26 2003 :  8:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah I heard about someone being struck by lightning and walking away, but didn't know it was Caviezal. I've heard about other "miracles" happening on the set as well, people being healed of disease, etc.

"There have been a lot of unusual things happening, good things like people being healed of diseases, a couple of people have had sight and hearing restored, another guy was struck by lightning while we were filming the crucifixion scene and he just got up and walked away." -Mel Gibson

Also the title of the film has been changed to The Passion of Christ.

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - October 26 2003 :  9:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay now I'm confused!!

Does God like this movie or not? On the one hand, the guy survives a lightening bolt with no apparent affect, yet God fired one off on his butt in the first place!

What message was God sending?

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - October 27 2003 :  02:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bill R

Okay now I'm confused!!

Does God like this movie or not? On the one hand, the guy survives a lightening bolt with no apparent affect, yet God fired one off on his butt in the first place!

What message was God sending?

I believe that God approves.Compare this film to the steady torrent of anti-catholic films that are coming out of Hollywood on a steady basis.

Highlander

Pen
Colonial Settler

February 03 2003

Posted - October 27 2003 :  2:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
...Maybe the message was, "I can do that, so don't mess with Me. You guys can film all you want, but have the decency to get it RIGHT this time!" .

Pen

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - October 27 2003 :  3:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could be Pen, could well be!

I wonder if the actor so struck had an epiphany!

At first, he probably thought it was one of Mel's infamous practical jokes, until he woke up with his sandals smoldering and saw the horrified look on Mel's face!

Man! If that doesn't give you cause to reflect and be reborn....ain't nothing gonna do it!

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

October 14 2002

Posted - October 27 2003 :  3:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"...struck by lightning while we were filming the crucifixion scene..."

Well what did they expect, putting Caviezel up there on a cross, on top of a hill, in the middle of a lightning storm? He was a human lightning rod.

"I wonder if the actor so struck had an epiphany!"

Yeah! Don't climb up on a cross, on top of a hill, in the middle of a lightning storm!

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

Pen
Colonial Settler

February 03 2003

Posted - October 27 2003 :  5:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think I read somewhere that people often lose their hearing after being struck by lightning. Anybody know if this is true?

Pen

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - October 28 2003 :  03:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pen

I think I read somewhere that people often lose their hearing after being struck by lightning. Anybody know if this is true?

Pen

What?What?

Highlander

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 28 2003 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I myself do look forward to finally seeing a movie which 'follows the Book'.

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 08 2003 :  07:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A couple of articles that may help to dispel the apparently bogus charges that The Passion is anti-Semitic. Cannot help but to believe that this is going to be one tremendous film ...

Jewish Actress Proud to Portray Mother of Jesus in Gibson's Passion
by Special to Catholic Exchange

She's Jewish, the daughter of a Holocaust survivor, and she says she's proud to be playing the Virgin Mary in Mel Gibson's The Passion of Christ. Though some critics charge that the film is anti-Semitic, Romanian actress Maia Morgenstern insists it is anything but.
Read the full article at http://www.catholicexchange.com/vm/index.asp?art_id=21177

Watching Different Films
by Dennis Prager

Early this past summer, Mel Gibson invited me to see The Passion, his film on the trial and crucifixion of Jesus. The invitation was significant in that I was the first practicing Jew and active member of the American Jewish community to be invited.
Read the full article at http://www.catholicexchange.com/vm/index.asp?art_id=21128

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

October 14 2002

Posted - January 16 2004 :  2:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"The Passion of the Christ" now has an official website at http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com/splash.htm and an official release date of February 25th, 2004. If you haven't already, go check out the website and trailer!

"It is as it was" - the Pope

Any personal thoughts on what you've seen so far?

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 18 2004 :  08:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just took a look. Spectacular, powerful, awesome! The images & music appear to be what I would have hoped for! This is, for me, a definite see-on-the-big-screen movie and a must-have DVD purchase. Looks like they decided on sub-titles. That, I think, is good.

As I watched, a thought occurred:

I wonder if the seed for this project was planted in Mel's mind while filming the torture scene near the end of Braveheart?

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 18 2004 :  11:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow.

I can only hope that it will play somewhere near me.

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

October 14 2002

Posted - January 18 2004 :  1:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree this will be a must see-on-the-big-screen film and probably a dvd buy. Looks like a good blend of history and art to me. Originally it was rumored that the release would be fairly small and then expand to more cities later like some art/indie films. But, according to some reports I've read, they're going really big with the release of this film on ash wednesday, bigger than some of the big december openings. At least one theater in Texas will be showing "The Passion of the Christ" on all 20 screens. So WW, I don't think you need to worry about catching it in your area, it should be pretty much everywhere on opening day.

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

October 14 2002

Posted - January 21 2004 :  8:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And yet more controversy surrounds this film, they just can't let it rest:

"DID POPE PLUG 'PASSION'?
Mon Jan 19, 7:00 PM ET

GABRIEL SNYDER

(Variety) "It is as it was" may not be the way the pope would like it to be.

Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz, one of Pope John Paul II's closest friends, told the Catholic News Service his boss never offered that 11-letter endorsement of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ."

"The Holy Father told no one his opinion of this film," Dziwisz told the news service, which is regarded as one of the most authoritative sources on Vatican affairs.

Even so, a rep for Gibson and his Icon Prods. maintained that the pope had used the phrase to describe Gibson's film depicting of the crucifixion of Christ.

Gibson's rep expressed surprise at Dziwisz's latest statements. "Based on all previous correspondence and conversations held directly between representatives of the film and the official spokesperson for the pope, Dr. Joaquin Navarro-Valls," he said, "there is no reason to believe that the pope's support of the film 'isn't as it was.' "

Navarro-Valls was unreachable for comment.

The pope's positive pronouncement on "Passion" was initially reported in a Dec. 17 column by Peggy Noonan on the Wall Street Journal's Web site. The journey of the short, blurb-ready phrase was circuitous.

According to the column, Dziwisz first reported the pope's reaction to the film to Steve McEveety and Jan Michelini, a producer and an assistant director on the pic, in a meeting at the Vatican. McEveety, in turn, recounted his conversation with Dziwisz to Noonan.

A source close to the situation said McEveety had asked for and received Vatican officials' permission to repeat the "It is as it was" statement before speaking to Noonan.

The "It is as it was" papal remark was also reported on Dec. 17 by the National Catholic Reporter, an independent weekly paper covering the Church, also using an anonymous Vatican source.

The Vatican, which normally does not comment on films, has offered no official comment on "Passion," nor has the pope's official rep confirmed or denied the pope's reaction.

Previous attempts by news orgs to confirm the pontiff's quote have had mixed results. The day after the Wall Street Journal's report, on Dec. 18, Reuters cited an anonymous "Vatican official" who confirmed the Pope had seen and approved of "Passion."

A week later, the Catholic News Service quoted its own anonymous "senior Vatican official" who said "The Holy Father saw it, but he made no comment. He watched in silence."

Amidst all the back and forth, The National Catholic Reporter reopened its story and said its source stood by the Pope's quote, adding new details such as the viewing took place in the dining room of his living quarters, on a large-screen TV with a "European-format VHS videocassette."

But in his most recent interview, Dziwisz, who is considered the second most powerful official of the Catholic Church because of his close relationship with the Pope, was adamant in his denial of a papal endorsement of "Passion."

"I said clearly to McEveety and Michelini that the Holy Father made no declaration," Dziwisz said. "I said the Holy Father saw the film privately in his apartment, but gave no declaration to anyone. He does not make judgments on art of this kind; he leaves that to others, to experts."

When it was first reported, Pope John Paul II's approval of "Passion" did much to quiet groups which had expressed concern about possibly anti-Semitic overtones in the pic because of the current pope's accomplisments in soothing Catholic-Jewish interfaith relations."

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

Lainey
TGAT

USA

May 18 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 23 2004 :  2:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
World Catholic Association for Communication Analyzes "The Passion"

Mel Gibson's Film Within the Context of Other Movies

"The Passion of the Christ" is a considerable cinematic achievement.

As regards the Jewish-Christian issues and the explicit language about the Jews in the Gospels, especially that of St. John, it is important to realize that the more formal, "official" antagonism between Christians and Jews emerged in the early decades of the second century.

The Gospels of Matthew, Mark and John emerged from Jewish communities. Luke's Gospel draws strongly on the Jewish scriptures interweaving biblical references and motifs throughout the text. The clash between Jesus and the religious leaders of his time was a clash within Judaism, a religious controversy about the Messiah (of which there were a number in this period) and Jesus' claims. Disciples who became Christians accepted his claims. Many religious leaders amongst the priests and the Pharisees did not.

There were other converts, like Paul, who was proud of his Jewish heritage and who took a strong stance about disciples of Jesus not being bound by details of Jewish law. It has been difficult, given the centuries of antagonism and the experience of repression and persecution of Jews by Christian, and Catholic, communities to enter into the context of Jesus' time and the mentality of the period.

The long traditions of Christians accusing Jews of being "Christ-killers" also played their part in the debate. While the Catholic Church apologized for the long persecutions and the frequent anti-Semitism of the past in a Second Vatican Council document (1965) and Pope John Paul II visited the Wailing Wall in 2000 and inserted his own prayer in a crevice, questions about Jesus' death as being part of God's plan and how the Jewish religious leaders of the time and the Romans, with Pontius Pilate, fitted into this plan, continue to be raised.

Biblical background

The Passion draws its narrative from each of the four Gospels, for instance, the quake and the rending of the temple, from Matthew; the fleeing young man, from Mark; the women of Jerusalem (here, Veronica and her daughter), from Luke; the Pilate sequences on truth, from John.

This linking of incidents in one narrative is the way in which the Gospel stories were remembered and written down. There is some material drawn from the later legendary stories and apocryphal gospels (Veronica and her veil; Desmes the "bad" thief).

One of the difficulties that films of the life of Jesus encounter, especially from scholars and theologians who are not versed in the techniques and conventions of cinematic storytelling, is that they sometimes tend to be critiqued and judged as if they were actual Gospels. They are found wanting at this level and dismissed or condemned. This is a danger for "The Passion." It needs to be reiterated that this is a film and that the screenplay is a "version" of the Gospel stories with no claim to be a Gospel.

This use of the four Gospels means that there are different perspectives on the Jews of the time in each Gospel.

Matthew's Gospel presupposes detailed knowledge of the Jewish scriptures and sees Jesus as the fulfillment of prophecy. Hence the more "apocalyptic" scenes at his death.

Mark and Luke look on from the outside, Luke writing for readers familiar with Greek and Roman ways of storytelling.

John's Gospel from the end of the first century echoes the roots of Christianity in Judaism but acknowledges the growing rift.

The screenplay is able to combine Gospel incidents into a coherent narrative of the passion with selected flashbacks to Jesus' infancy and life at Nazareth (his fall as a child, his making a table in the carpenter's shop, his relationship with his mother and his playful sprinkling her with water as he washes his hands) which are inventions in the spirit of the Gospels, to Mary Magdalene's past where she is combined with th

"Fides et Ratio"

Lainey
TGAT

USA

May 18 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 26 2004 :  10:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gibson’s Passion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russell Hittinger and Elizabeth Lev

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright (c) 2004 First Things 141 (March 2004): 7-10.

From mosaics and music to paintings and plays, the arts have proven to be a mighty vehicle for retelling the Bible and bringing its stories vividly before our senses. A special intensity marks the art created for the Lenten period. Allegri’s Miserere, the moving rendition of Psalm 51 sung on Good Friday, Niccolo dell’Arca’s Lamentation of the Dead Christ with its terra-cotta figures circling in wild grief over the dead Christ, and Dante’s Divine Comedy, the poetic journey lasting from Good Friday to Easter Sunday, are but a few of the great Lenten works that can move the imagination to consider different aspects of the passion. In The Passion of the Christ, scheduled to open in theatres on Ash Wednesday, Mel Gibson adds a work of cinematic art worthy to be mentioned with these classics of Christian culture.

Gibson’s Passion is bound to change our estimation of how a film can portray the life of Christ. Until now, movies about Jesus generally have been of two kinds. The first—perhaps to avoid trespassing on sacred terrain—abandons any ties to a canonical text. Here we can think of the whimsical Jesus in Montreal, or the hootenanny “gospels” of Godspell or Jesus Christ Superstar. There are also those provocateurs who try to win an audience through the “unauthorized biography” approach, such as Martin Scorsese in his film version of Kazantzakis’ Last Temptation of Christ. Films of this sort pay the price of making Jesus appear smaller and less compelling than the figure we can encounter in reading or, as the case may be, in questioning the canonical texts.

The film that most nearly succeeds in this “relevant Jesus” mode is Pier Paolo Pasolini’s avowedly Marxist rendition of The Gospel According to St. Matthew (1964). (Gibson surely learned from Pasolini, as he makes use of the little town of Sassi Matera, where Pasolini also filmed his gospel.) Pasolini’s cinema-verité shots, nonprofessional actors, and monochrome photography make a visually riveting movie, one that disarms our liturgically and textually informed imagination with its strange and sometimes grotesque iconography, particularly the faces of its common people. If pure film makes what we know depend upon what we see, Pasolini’s movie comes very close to being pure film. Yet because he is so determined to interpret the life of Jesus as a Gramscian allegory of popular liberation, Pasolini makes Jesus less interesting than the rest of the cast of truck drivers, waiters, and prostitutes he recruited for the film. The theme of class liberation also makes for unintended comedy. After the resurrection, for example, the camera follows peasants running gleefully through the fields with scythes and pitchforks only to encounter Christ waiting for an audience before ascending into heaven.

The second kind of gospel film makes a serious effort to tell the canonical story by means of a visual tableau. The best-known example is Franco Zeffirelli’s Jesus of Nazareth (1977), which ploddingly covers the camels and magi, the teachings and parables, the miracles, plots, and subplots of Jesus’ life. The beautiful faces and rich settings have a tapestry-like quality, but we never quite forget that we are watching a 371-minute-long visual ornamentation of a textual narrative. For religious people, and probably for most nonbelievers, it is perfectly safe viewing—better, no doubt, than a spaghetti-western gospel—but it is not a work of art that haunts the viewer. A stronger entry in this category is the Gospel of John, currently showing in theatres. Advertised as a “word-for-word adaptation” of the Fourth Gospel, narrated by Christopher Plummer, it is religiously serious precisely because it adhe

"Fides et Ratio"

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - February 26 2004 :  4:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have now had the great good fortune to see "The Passion of the Christ" twice, once on Monday at a screening for media, and then again last night with a church group and their guests.
I can honestly say it was one of the most powerful things I have ever had the privilege to sit and witness. It is not just a film, it is an experience.
In future posts, I'll go into detail about the craft of this film, the acting, the editing, the directing, which I think is all masterful. Everything from the music to the costumes is terrific.
Yes, the film has brutal violence. The whipping scene seems to go on for ages and will definitely be one of the most difficult things you'll ever endure.
But despite blood and gore (yes, there's plenty of it), the overwhelming message of this film is God's love for mankind and redemption. For those who are Christian, the enormity of Christ's sacrifice is brought home in a way unparalleled in other films that have dealt with the same subject.
After I saw the movie the first time, my mouth was dry, my hands were shaking and I couldn't really talk to anybody. It took about four hours before I was able to distance myself from the experience and start thinking about it objectively as "a film." The second screening allowed me more of an opportunity to appreciate it is a film. As a spiritual experience, it's overwhelming. As a film, it's a wonderful work of art.
I admire Mel Gibson for having the courage to bring this vision to fruition. He has succeeded beyond all expectations I had. This movie made me want to start treating everyone I know and meet better and to be more conscious of God in my life. It also provided me with two great hours of cinematic art.
What more can you ask?
SEE THIS FILM. You won't be sorry.
Christina

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 09 2004 :  01:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I finally seen "The Passion" this past saturday. I think that I was one of the last people in the Western Hemisphere to see it. What can I say? It left me speechless and introspective, but at the same time it lifted my spirits. I remember as a kid, in Catholic School, that what we were taught about the Crucifixion was very sterilized. Even reading the various accounts in the New Testement could not paint the whole suffering in my mind (Perhaps because I believe that He is the Son of God, and I could never before imagine him subject to mortal suffering on the same level as a regular man). All in all, it gave me new appeciation of my faith, and a new found thankfulness for what He had done for all of us.

As for all of the 'controversy' drummed up by the Hollywood Left crowd, I failed to find any. Was there violence? You bet, and yes that was a violent era, but there was no more than what is found in the 'finest' of Hollywood's creations ("Kill Bill Part-1" comes to mind).

What about anti-semitism? I failed to find any, and Abraham Foxman of the ADL is in agreement. When that red herring was tossed up, some folks failed to realize that Jesus was a Jew! Did the movie show political corruption, yes; but anti-semitism? If you want to find anti-semitism, you need to look no further than a good number of collage campus, with particular attention paid to any number of Muslim Student groups.

In closing I feel that Mel Gibson managed to stick his neck out and pony-up alot of his own capital, when none of the Hollywood 'Heavy Hitters' were willing to give him the time of day, to produce this very timely screenplay.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 09 2004 :  05:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok, I haven't yet seen this, though I very much want to ... Lainey & the kids did. Rave reviews there ...

Just want to say, that the criticisms leveled at Mel & this film are extremely thinly veiled attempts at knocking Christianity ... perhaps Catholicism, specifically ... by, as you say, Sarge, the "Hollywood left crowd." It is killing them that the movie is so successful - and oh so much fun to watch - their death throes, that is!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 09 2004 :  08:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was hoping to read more reviews from Mohicanlanders. Lainey? CT-R, have you seen it yet? Sarge, your comments are appreciated, and Christina... yours moved me. Thank you.

I have had to make the unfortunate decision that I am going to have to wait until it is released onto DVD/Video, when I can watch it in the privacy of my own home. Although I will really miss seeing it on the big screen... I simply cannot. It is very difficult to explain, but I had to do this with "Schindler's List" as well.

I have purchased the CD of the soundtrack, after listening to samples on the official movie website. Very powerful music. www.thepassionofthechrist.com

Over $200 million, and counting! Incredible.

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - March 22 2004 :  9:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wow...
ive heard its really... gory...
i want to see it, but ill have to convince my parents to let me...
i heard some lady died of a heart attack during the movie, and a lot of ppl were beating up on it because of that.
then again, ppl can die of a heartattach anywhere, so i dont know if thats really a great indicator.
but from the reviews you guy have given, it sounds good...
i hope to see it.

Le Poisson Rouge Seudois du Chaos
Conspiracy of One

Lainey
TGAT

USA

May 18 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 24 2004 :  10:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, WW, I didn't mean to ignore you ... I just really wanted to wait until I've seen it again & I haven't yet done that. It's contemplative & beautiful & I want to tell you what I think without reacting to the sterile & empty criticisms. If you want to learn how to weep deeply & profoundly & perfectly - you MUST see The Passion. Don't wait, WW.

I promise a review!!!

Meanwhile ... "It is as it was."

Great soundtrack, too.

"Fides et Ratio"
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Legendary Filmaker Topic Next Topic: Return of the King related band  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.73 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07