The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 6:11:41 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 THE UNCAS FOLDER
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Still making LOTM music! Topic Next Topic: Picture Requests
Page: of 2

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 07 2002

Posted - November 05 2002 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I'm making an Uncas folder where we can discuss all things Uncas. Anything and everything about Uncas. Firstly, I think he showed so much quiet dignity in the movie. He didn't have to say much, his demeanor, everything about him spoke volumes. I wish we could have had more of Uncas in the movie, I would like to have heard this brave warrior's beliefs, his views on everything, what he thought when he was going up against Magua, how he felt about Alice. I think someone should write an Uncas novel and delve into all facets of his heart and soul.

Keneta (SasaLucy)
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."
report to moderator

Brenda
Pioneer

Wink
Canada

June 17 2002

Posted - November 05 2002 :  9:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I totally agree! Also, what is was like growing up with a white brother. In the movie, we get to hear Hawkeyes views on cultural differences, I wonder what Uncas' were? And definitely more on the romance between him and Alice!

“They say that you're never as wise as when you're a child. We'll never think that clearly again.”
From Arlington Road (1999)
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - November 06 2002 :  08:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is an interesting idea, I guess LOTM would be interesting from anyones angle - Uncas, Alice, Heyward etc but I guess the film would have been 10 hours long if they focused on everyone (I wouldnt mind if it was 10 hours long). I think it was right to focus on Hawkey and Cora though, it would have been too messy trying to work in a proper relationship with Uncas and Alice too.

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - November 06 2002 :  09:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have just re read my last post and it sounds a bit negative! Didnt mean it to be, Keneta I think your idea is great.

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  7:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
jsut one comment...UNCAS HAS SEXY BUTTCHEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay, over my spaz...I think Uncas is cool but MM should have developed his romance a bit more...

Le Poisson Rouge Seudois du Chaos
Conspiracy of One

Sunshine
Pathfinder

indian warrior 2
USA

July 26 2002

Posted - November 13 2002 :  12:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Sunshine a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you for making this folder. It is wonderful. I always thought Uncas was the older brother looking out for Hawkeye. Remember the begining cabin seen when Hawkeye and Uncas are talking about the trapping John and Alexandra Cameron.

What a voice. Oh my, hang on I just need a moment here. ahhhhhhh ok all better.

His quiet strength throught the movie was a pleasure to watch.

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 13 2002 :  8:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

Thank you for making this folder. It is wonderful. I always thought Uncas was the older brother looking out for Hawkeye. Remember the begining cabin seen when Hawkeye and Uncas are talking about the trapping John and Alexandra Cameron.
What a voice. Oh my, hang on I just need a moment here. ahhhhhhh ok all better.
His quiet strength throught the movie was a pleasure to watch.

I wonder if more Uncas scenes are in the DVD? Doubtful, though, I heard that just more scenery is in the DVD version with some favorite scenes cut out. I think MM should do a LOTM documentary with 'Scenes From the Cutting Room Floor'. I'll bet we'd see lots more Uncas scenes!

Keneta (SasaLucy)

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 13 2002 :  8:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have always greatly appreciated the infirmary scene - much to my husband's chagrin! Now one of my treasured possessions is an autographed copy of the Gathering program and a picture with Eric Schweig - which my husband took!
caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 14 2002 :  6:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by caitlin

I have always greatly appreciated the infirmary scene - much to my husband's chagrin! Now one of my treasured possessions is an autographed copy of the Gathering program and a picture with Eric Schweig - which my husband took!
caitlin

Ah, the infirmary scene. I never tire of Uncas's thigh or Hawkeye's grin. That scene is a literal hormone fest! Oh, can you post that photo of Eric Schweig? Or email it to me??

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 14 2002 :  7:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I cracked up when I saw Hawkeye's smile! His chin sticks out a lot, did any of you notice that, or am I just not thinking straight... definatly more romance on Uncas's part, but to me, alice sort of gave the impression of...how do i say this, like someone who wants to get into a serious relationship, but is too young, if you know what i mean

"What are they doing to Duncan?!?"
-Cora Munro

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 14 2002 :  7:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Vixen

I cracked up when I saw Hawkeye's smile! His chin sticks out a lot, did any of you notice that, or am I just not thinking straight... definatly more romance on Uncas's part, but to me, alice sort of gave the impression of...how do i say this, like someone who wants to get into a serious relationship, but is too young, if you know what i mean

I would like to see the infirmary scene much longer. I wonder if a bunch was cut out of that scene, too? Personally, and this comes from one who works in a hospital, I think she should have spent much more time treating Uncas's wounds. Had I been the one, I would have taken my time and would have observed the wound for quite awhile <snort>. I would have been so busy fawning over Uncas, I wouldn't have noticed if Hawkeye's chin had poked out my eye....

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 15 2002 :  5:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Had I been the one, I would have taken my time and would have observed the wound for quite awhile <snort>. I would have been so busy fawning over Uncas, I wouldn't have noticed if Hawkeye's chin had poked out my eye....

rofl.....hey! natty is the best character in the movie....hehe, i would have paid some huron big bucks to stick him with a knife just so i could tend to his wounds =)

Conspiracy of One

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 15 2002 :  6:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ithiliana

quote:
Had I been the one, I would have taken my time and would have observed the wound for quite awhile <snort>. I would have been so busy fawning over Uncas, I wouldn't have noticed if Hawkeye's chin had poked out my eye....

rofl.....hey! natty is the best character in the movie....hehe, i would have paid some huron big bucks to stick him with a knife just so i could tend to his wounds =)

LOL!!! OMG, poor Hawkeye! Sounds like a Mohican soap opera to me! Carly Corinthos, having the major hots for frontier stud muffin Nattie Bump (and wanting to marry him so she can change her name to 'Carly Bump'), she hires frontier mobster Jason 'Long Rifle' Morgan to stab Nattie in the leg with his hunting knife so she can take care of him at Mohican Hospital. Meanwhile, Uncas sits waiting to be tended to, sighing in relief when Keneta scampers toward him with whiskey for disinfectant and a stack of bandages. However, when he discovers her hands on more places than his wound, he leaps from the table like a wild stag and drags her into the broom closet. Stay tuned for scenes from the next MOHICAN HOSPITAL!

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  12:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just had a horable image...Duncan's butt cheek.....im not gonna comment on that one...

"What are they doing to Duncan?!?"
-Cora Munro

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  03:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, I forgot the 'po' on the end of Natty's name---twould actually be Carly Bumppo <snicker>. Duncan's butt cheek---now there's an image I really hadn't thought of....oh, be gone from my head!!!

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
rofl, you ppl need help...i like the soap opera kene...=)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*runs away from duncan's buttcheek...very scary indeed. and no, my names not carly, rofl...

Conspiracy of One

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  6:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Question: Do you think that Uncas went up on the cliffs alone to rescue Alice because he wanted to be a hero to her the way Hawkeye had been a hero to Cora? Uncas had just seen Hawkeye rescue Cora (again) from the Huron, then he suddenly takes off for the cliffs by himself. And Chingachgook certainly had a lot of faith in Uncas, knowing that he was going up against Magua and the rest of his thugs....

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  06:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

before resuming the roof, ithi sneaks into the colonel's rooms and whispers a couple words to him. the colonel looks at her strangely, and then, very slowly, he nods. ithi then produces a contract that she had made up in her spare time and the colonel signs it. ithi grins evilly... that which the contract heralded was to take place the very next day...

ROTFL!!!!! This is hysterical! Okay, I'm not going to create a role-playing folder so we can interact with the characters to our hearts' delight. Hey, and let's go see what's happened to Uncas

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  06:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Keneta

quote:

before resuming the roof, ithi sneaks into the colonel's rooms and whispers a couple words to him. the colonel looks at her strangely, and then, very slowly, he nods. ithi then produces a contract that she had made up in her spare time and the colonel signs it. ithi grins evilly... that which the contract heralded was to take place the very next day...

ROTFL!!!!! This is hysterical! Okay, I'm not going to create a role-playing folder so we can interact with the characters to our hearts' delight. Hey, and let's go see what's happened to Uncas

Well, I must not be doing something right, it won't let me create a folder, so:

"Uncas! Uncas, my studly warrior, what is wrong?" A rifle ball flies over their heads. Uncas pulls her down and says, "A drunken soldier is playing with his rifle." "Sounds like a personal problem to me...." "Stay down." "I must talk to you, Uncas. Take me with you when you leave. You don't want Alice. She never talks, and she just bugs her eyes at everyone and cowers in fear." "Yes, let us go somewhere and talk. Natty is paying the fiddler and making musical requests. Ithi is casting angry glances our way. We must go."

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  2:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ROTFL!!! You gals are soo devious! And all this fighting over Natty! And poor Duncan, what shall we do with him. Now....

Chingachgook has gathered everyone together for a meeting out in the field in front of Mohican Hospital. There is table with a tablecloth, a tea set, china, etc. The hospital's dirty linen is hanging on some unseen line behind them, flapping in the breeze. Duncan is sipping tea from a tiny tea cup, his pinky finger pointing toward Natty who is seated on his other side. Natty frowns at him, then shakes his head at Uncas. Keneta is using the tablecloth to buff Uncas's knife until the sunlight reflecting on it begins to blind Chingachgook. "Enough with the buffing of knives and sipping of tea," Chingachgook says, and he stands to speak to everyone. "While everyone has been kissing, fiddling and planning devious yet hilarious antics, I have had a vision. If we do not leave here, there will be much blood. I fear that I might lose my only son----"he places his hand on Uncas's shoulder, and Natty mutters, "He always did like you best..." "Not only will we lose Uncas, we will lose Vixen as well." At this, Vixen goes pale and clutches the tablecloth, causing Duncan's hot tea to spill into his lap. He gasps and leaps to his feet, grabbing the front of his uniform. Chingachgook rolls his eyes heavenward and continues. "We will leave tonight, under cover of darkness." "Not I," Duncan protests. "I am with the Queen's service, I have a job to do." "In my vision," Chingachgook continues, "I saw that you, Duncan 'Snubnose' Heyward, will singlehandedly defeat Magua, the Hurons, and the French soldiers." Chingachgook turns his head and winks at Uncas and Natty who manage to hide their laughter. Duncan rubs his hands together. "I shall go pack my saddlebags and be ready when the sign is given!" Duncan runs across the field with Mylene in pursuit. "Wait, Duncan! There's something I must tell you! Wait for me, I saw your buttcheek more than the others!!" Chingachgook clears his throat. "The journey will mean lots of holding hands while running across fields. It will mean Uncas and myself carrying all the supplies in packs on our back as we run and do battle." Uncas raises an eyebrow and grunts questioningly. Natty grins. "Well, then," Keneta comments and squeezes Uncas' knee beneath the table. "I'll go pack my Emerson, Lake, and Palmer CDs, and we'll be on our way." Ithi and Vixen run to Natty, Chingachgook heads back to the hospital. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EXCITING INSTALLMENT OF MOHICAN HOSPITAL!!!

Keneta (SasaLucy)

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 17 2002 :  6:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Ah, the infirmary scene. I never tire of Uncas's thigh or Hawkeye's grin. That scene is a literal hormone fest! Oh, can you post that photo of Eric Schweig? Or email it to me??

Sure, I'll put it in my "photo album"

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  7:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by caitlin

quote:

Sure, I'll put it in my "photo album"

When will you be creating that photo album???

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  7:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Keneta...how old exactly is Chingachgook...to be hitting on me...just you wait...*evil grin

Hummmm, I'd say Ching is probably around 50?? Anyway, men were desperate for women and women desperate for men on the frontier, no matter what the age <snicker>. Let's see if Ithi or Mylene write anything about Magua and his thugs attacking. BTW,I loved the part about Uncas getting rid of that snake, HA!!!

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  8:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Keneta, perhaps this role playing would be better suited in the "Bumpin' 'Round Bumppo's" forum. This is set up specifically for role playing. I'm not sure if you can move what has already been submitted here to that forum. Rich?

Theresa

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  10:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

would it be possible that we could put a lock on it or something, other wise it would get too confusing with people jumping in and out...you know?

Hey Vixen! I don't know how to go about placing it all in one location. I agree with you that in order to keep it less confusing it should be in one place. Maybe Rich will come to our rescue. Oh...R---ich! Yoooohoooo!

Theresa

Theresa

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - November 18 2002 :  07:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Gals!

As you may have noticed, Rich has created a topic for this particular "adventcha" you all have going in the Bumpin' 'Round Bumppos forum. So, go ahead and continue the story there. Have fun!

Theresa
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Still making LOTM music! Topic Next Topic: Picture Requests  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.44 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07