The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/3/2024 4:08:38 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 The Barracks
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Need some info Topic Next Topic: Need list of events?
Page: of 7

Private MacDougal
Pathfinder

British soldier
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
April 29 2003

Posted - April 30 2003 :  8:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A wee dram. Spoken like a true Highlander! You sure I can't talk you into that kilt? Seriously, Sgt. Munro stopped by my office today, while he was on duty, and both he and Captain Graham agree that whatever help you guys need in rebuilding, after the dead wood is gone, the 42nd will do. After all, both our company's form Ft. Pitt's 'Royal Brigade', and we should stand strong together. All we need to do is get Capt. Hay's and his battery boys in with us too, that will give us artillery support in our battle against the Virginian. Gotta go, dude, I am working late again!!!

Your Most Humble Servant,

Pte. Angus MacDougal
Capt. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Six Pak
Pathfinder

Canadian Trader

April 24 2003

Posted - April 30 2003 :  11:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did somebody say a wee dram? I could go for that! What say you, Nut?

Regards,
Six Pak
Military Scout, Land Speculator & Local ner-do-well

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  01:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with some of what Private Mac & Six Pac say.Praps'we can also exorcise "The Virginian" in the process and lift the siege of Fort Pitt

Highlander

One Nut
Pathfinder

Longhunter in Snow

April 22 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  01:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pax Aye, Highlander!!! You are truly a wise lad indeed. I am curious as to the outcome of the previously mentioned interviews. This friday, I will be travelling east on the Forbes Road to Bushy Run Station where your sergeant is putting on a presentation for the young lads and lasses of a local elementary school. I hope to ask him how his interview was. He does love doing the first person thing, and the stout fellow does it well. Although he gives credit to his Cousin Seamus for the inspiration, and desire to immerse himself in his character.
After his presentation, I hope to join him for a pint or two at the local tavern.

Willie "One Nut" Macgregor
Evil Frontier Trader &
Not-So-Longhunter

Matross Haden
Pathfinder

USA

April 23 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear Friends,
I wish to tell of an interesting conversation I had the other evening. Capt. Graham and I were having a few drinks at the VFW, and he passed on to me some good news. The Captain said that his interview was most helpful to the television reporter, from what was said the other interviews were equally as important to the story. He also stated that Sgt. Munro and he were looking into swearing out a court order, to force the Virginian to return the two Associate owned Chaleville muskets to the proper care of the treasurer, which he has refused. I believe they refered to the actions of the Virginian as 'Theft by Unlawful Taking or Disposition' and 'Theft by Deception', both are punishable under Pennsylvania Law (It sure is good to have a couple of cops on our side, huh?). Apparently both have friends in the courts to advise and assist on this.

Matross John Haden RA

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  10:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now hear this,not only does our "friend" at the fort claim that the place is haunted,but he now claims to have a "friend" down at Ft.Necessity who calls himself the "Half-King",and is a self-proclaimed expert on such matters.And for only $3,000.00 he can take care of our problem for usIt seems that he also has this "other friend"who is also from there,and is going to work in the blockhouse should the D.A.R ever relinquish it to the P.H.M.C.I know that favoritism & nepotism run rampant at Ft.Necessity,but do we really need this nonsense at Ft.Pitt?

The museum sits on a battlefield where soldiers fell and prisoners were tortured to death.Anybody who is dumb enough to spend the nite there deserves what they get

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  11:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Only $3,000.00 dollars?What a bargain!That would be spooktacular.Do you think that he would accept Confederate money as payment?

Highlander

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 02 2003 :  12:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey dudes,me again.Just thought you should know that this guy "The Virginian" when he was new tried to take our muskets away which we thought was totally bogus.Then he learned that they like,belonged to somebody else.He didn't even say he was sorry which I thought was lame.

Sgt.Reynolds
Pathfinder

Longhunter With Dogs
USA

April 24 2003

Posted - May 02 2003 :  12:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt.Reynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I heard that a reenactor was murdered down at Ft.Pitt after the place was built.Anyone know anything about it?

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 02 2003 :  7:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The construction on the museum started in 1963.It was completed around 1969(the architect was Mr.Charles Stotz who also designed Fort Ligonier,a private site,around the same time).The murder happened around 1969-1970 around the much maligned Flag BastionMy sources on the PPD confirm this.It remains unsolved to this dayThe head of security at the museum tells me that more information can be found at www.shadowlands.net

Highlander

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 02 2003 :  7:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
www.theshadowlands.com

Highlander

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 02 2003 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahhh,here it is www.theshadowlands.net

Highlander

One Nut
Pathfinder

Longhunter in Snow

April 22 2003

Posted - May 03 2003 :  4:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sergeant Reynolds, me lad, I only heard of an accident involving a reproduction cannon, which killed a member of the gun crew. Now, my memory is a bit fuzzy at times, but I do believe I heard that it happend sometime in the late 70's, maybe during the colonial fair? Of course, it could just be the drunken story telling of some old reenactors too.

Evil Frontier Trader &
Not-So-Longhunter

Six Pak
Pathfinder

Canadian Trader

April 24 2003

Posted - May 03 2003 :  7:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nut, my old spoon'n buddy, methinks you are hittin the "aged molasses" too much lately. Sounds like another frontier legend to me...

Regards,
Six Pak
Military Scout, Land Speculator & Local ner-do-well

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 03 2003 :  10:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The cannon story is true.So is the typical P.H.M.C response of punishing future generations of reenactors for an unfortunate accident.Many Americanswere killed recently in accidents in Iraq.Does this mean that we should ban future wars as well?Where were the safety officers at Ft.Pitt when all of this happened?

Speaking of which,a certain "Career Seasonal Employee" who fluctuates between Ft.Pitt & The Bushy Run Battlefield comes to mind.I believe that he was dubbed "False Flags"(no relation to Many Flags)by the Edge Hill Society before they ran him out.Apparently he was asked to infiltrate The Bushy Run Heritage Society(their board)by "The Virginian".In this manner he could spy <):) upon the membership and report back to his master.He is a pefect example of the adage"If you can't beat em' join em'"except he never tried to beat "The Virginian" in the first placeLife is good when you can sell-out your buddies for your thirty pieces of silver for a lousy summer job,but I digress.

Anyway,this so-called "Career Seasonal Employee/Safety Officer"has a bad habit of being overzealous when it comes to the already nonsensical P.H.M.C "Black Powder Rules".Again,to impress his masterEither we are adults,or we are notHe even went so far as to try to grab the ramrod out of the musket of one of our non-firing members while we were marching off to a battleIf any such tomfoolery happens this year(providing that we even go)the Royal Brigade's surgeon will be required to remove my boot from somebody's posteriorWhile I'm at it,three huzzas for Capt.Grahm's Coy.

God Save The King

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 04 2003 :  12:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings my lads, I am back. I was prodded out of retirement by some of my company mess mates. I've noticed alot being said of me, and the only comment I can make is that it is all true. I will not, however, make further comment on anything occuring at the museum until the time is right. That way, if a criminal investigation and/or civil action is initiated, it will not cause law enforcement/private investigators/attorneys any problems. All that I will say, is that I will fully cooperate with any investigation, since I have nothing to hide or fear. The same cannot be said for some others...

I'll stop by again in a few weeks time, take care lads.

As always, your most humble servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 04 2003 :  01:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Duuuuuuuuuude,do you think that you could like get them to investigate that False Flags dude for narking on us to the Virginian?That would be totally awesome

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 04 2003 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One more thing,then I'll move on to more pleasant subjects.My people at Ft.Pitt have been telling me that our friend has been getting stressed over all of his dirty laundry being airedHe is now threatening to disband the board(Ft.Pitt Museum Assocates who are the fund-raising mechanism for the site since P.H.M.C is prohibited by law from doing so.They also sponsor the 42nd & 60th regts.)if it doesn't do his bidding.He also doesn't like the fact that the board is holding him accountable for having been there for two years and having nothing to show for it.Finally,he wants to blame the board for the fact that the Colonial Fair will be a flop this year,even though it is he who is preventing them from having a battle.

God Save The King

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 04 2003 :  10:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Virginian says he's going to do what!?I'd like to see him try it.The Guv has something for him.It is no secret that Ed Rendell likes his Highlanders.When the Muskets of the Crown http://musketsofthecrown.homestead.com/Home.html marched at his innauguration parade,he gave them a standing ovation.All of the other groups that marched only got the customary nod.The Virginian is going to have to explain how he is able to receive a salary of $44,000.00 a year while not managing to produce anything.He's also going to have to have a good reason as to why the Heinz History Center is going to be the premiere place for the 250th F&I anniversary and not Fort Pitt.Finally,he'd also better 'fess up as to why he looks and talks funny.I agree with Sgt.Munro in that it is best to let these investigations take their course while refraining from comment.I will let the readers of this forum decide for themselves when all is said and done.

Highlander

Private MacDougal
Pathfinder

British soldier
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - May 05 2003 :  12:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow man, alot of good info here! I just want to take a minute to welcome my sergeant back to the barracks, where he belongs. No, sarge, I'm not bucking for corporal, I enjoy my free time too much and I know that the captain and the sarge lead by example, which means more time spent making sure we can do our bit. Anyways, I just wanted to say welcome back.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Pte. Angus MacDougal
Capt. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 05 2003 :  01:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You dudes are like trying to run The Virginian out of Dodge.Gnarly!I will get to tell him like,later dudeBut Shhhhhhhhh!Like keep this on the QT.This conversation never happened

One Nut
Pathfinder

Longhunter in Snow

April 22 2003

Posted - May 05 2003 :  4:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
See Pak, I'm not crazy!!! The grenadier had heard of the tale too. Now what's this bout a 3000 dollar exorcism????? Who say's them ghosts are bother'n anyone, hell I say leave 'em be they ain't hurtin nobody. Oh, I almost forgot, welcome back sargeant.

Evil Frontier Trader &
Not-So-Longhunter

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - May 05 2003 :  10:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Shawnee Scout dude,
Are you coming up to the Cook Forest event? We will have a Native camp that will close to Bushy run numbers, it will be big.

Grenouille

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 05 2003 :  10:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Coooool,I'm there dude.

Gunner Wilson
Lost in the Wilderness

Paratrooper
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - May 05 2003 :  11:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Matross, I have done my homework and reading as directed. All I have to say if half the accusations against the virginian are true, he should have to 'Kiss The Gunner's Daughter' (so to speak). I'll call you later this week John.

YH&OS,
Gunner Alex Wilson RA
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Need some info Topic Next Topic: Need list of events?  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.58 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07