The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 3:22:29 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric's Web Site
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Michael Greyeyes on TV Topic Next Topic: What LOTM soundtrack is better?
Page: of 2

Lurking Huron1404
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - June 20 2006 :  7:33:18 PM
Did you see the photos on his Official site? Just getting out of bed...having a smoke?...Gee ..I wonder who took those?? They are not flattering at all! They need to replace them quickly...he is still the best though..
report to moderator

Lurking Huron4151
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 05 2006 :  2:52:19 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just to let everyone know there are NEW pictures of Eric posted on his official site. They were taken in May of 2006. So just go over to his site and have a look!!!!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 05 2006 :  7:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey thanks, I will head on over there when I am done here. Have not visited his site in at least 2 weeks or more. Never much new on there. Hope he looks absolutely edible.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 05 2006 :  7:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well just checked them out and I had seen them before on the Wes Studi site. Still he looks good doesn't he our big cuddly studmuffin. That Adam Beach sure looks hot as well as Blue Duck. What a twosome they make. Wouldn't mind being in the middle of those two ladies. What you all think????

IG

Lurking Huron2661
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 22 2006 :  08:02:04 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

hmm i think there are also other people who are here on a regular basis too... why dont you drop by other forums too??? i had a great time just reading the messages posted

Lurking Huron8512
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 25 2006 :  09:01:05 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think its a little weird how Eric's website works. They just throw you a couple of bread crumbs every once in a while. I understand that he wants to be private, but why did he choose the acting profession if he wants his life to be super private. He shouldn't have a website at all if he's going to be that way. He wants to read all the post that his fans leave, so are we just feeding his ego? Why have a website if it is going to be administered in such a manner. It seems so not personal!!! He needs to remember his fans do help put the bread and butter on his table. ( buying tickets and dvd's) It all seems a little weird.

Lurking Huron8692
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 25 2006 :  1:09:58 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree that Eric Schweig's site is really poor and boring. I've stopped looking at it. I also feel that there's a bit of manilpulation going on and quite a lot of spin. I don't get a sense of who he is at all. Unlike other actor's sites such as Daniel Day Lewis. He is also a very private person but seems secure in who he is and doesn't need someone telling us he's wonderful all the time.

Lurking Huron8512
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 25 2006 :  2:10:02 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree totally!!!! Oh my gosh!! It's like he is so private that he is hiding something!! It just doesn't seem natural. His liason/moderator totally controls it all on his website. Several of his fans, that I know, feel the same way. If you are that private than maybe you should find another profession. I too am a private person, but I'm not going to deny who I really am and put on a dog and pony show for my fans. That seems fake.

Lurking Huron8512
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 25 2006 :  3:19:21 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I also agree about his website. BORING!!!!! I also agree about the pictures of him getting out of bed with his smokes.(not too professional!) I thought in Last of the Mohicans that he was absolutely the most talented actor, but now I have a totally different opinion. I feel that he is hiding something. I think there is possibly two sides to this man. I've read in an interview that he was severly beaten as a child, but I wonder if that is even true. His thoughts on adoption are just his opinion. I know several babies that have been adopted by euro-americans and they turned out just fine. They are very successful and know where they came from and about their culture. He has also been known to gripe about "running around in buckskin", well find another profession.

Lurking Huron6475
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 25 2006 :  7:07:03 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree about his website. It needs a total upgrade. The liason/moderator/administrator loves it because she is in total control of the situation. I feel that the whole site is there just to feed his ego. I feel that says alot about him. Maybe some insercurities issues? He has a dual personality. You can tell that in the movies he's been in. One minute he looks like Eric, the next minute he looks like someone else. (watch Not like everybody else and you'll see what I'm talking about) I also wonder if the child abuse allegations are true because I work with abused children (severly abused) and they are not only scared internally, but externally as well. I have never seen scars on the upper body or parts of his legs that would indicate any abuse. It all seems a little fishy to me. Please let me stress that this is my own opinion based on observations and human behavior. I feel that we shouldn't get so caught up with Hollywood. These people are as real as you or I the only difference is there in movies. I do feel that he is not as personable as some may want to think. Again, this is only my opinion.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 25 2006 :  11:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who are all these Lurking Hurons?!

And yes, Irish...I'd love a twosome with those babies! Now if you could throw in Wind In His Hair.....

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Lurking Huron2962
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 26 2006 :  12:26:41 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was also VERY disappointed with Eric's website. I agree that this laison/moderator is super weird. She acts like Eric is god or something and I kinda feel like she brags too much. I will always love Eric/Uncas but I don't much care for the person that Eric has become today. I think he is a bit greedy and full of himself. On his website it seems all about $, you can buy his art here, they are eager for you to contact them if you want to spend money, you can buy posters here, please don't ask for a signed picture instead go here and BUY one!! AFter reading the interviews w/ Wess Studi and others I get the feeling that Eric can be a difficult person. Russell means talks about how Eric hasn't contacted him or his family all these years and how he tried to steer Eric in the right direction for his career and he blew it. A little sad if you ask me and Eric certainly doesn't look like Uncas anymore!! Just my opinion but it is very sad b/c I think he could have been soo much more, but instead I think he let the fame go to his head w/ all the attention he had after LOTM.....

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 26 2006 :  10:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well certainly is a lot of Eric bashing going here. The man is definitely too private or perhaps the word "weird" might be more appropriate. He is just different but I do feel he does not give his fans what they deserve. Look at Wes's site. He gets on there and answers questions from his fans from time to time and they regularly tell what he is up to. I, for one left a birthday message for him on his site, in the appropriate thread I might add. The Liason was to give all messages to him. Well guess what, he has not even gotten on and posted his thanks for all the well wishes he received or anything. Imagine that. He should at least acknowledge that he received them and enjoyed them. He is never on his board it seems. Other boards are more "fan friendly". They need to put new pics of him on there. I thought of joining at one one stage but the "interrogation" you have to go through to join is ridiculous. I did not bother. I agree that he could be "greedy" as he turned down Buffalo Hump in Comanche Moon probably for money reasons. Why else would he turn down such a great role. If it was good enough deal for Wes Studi, who is a much bigger name to take on, then why would Eric not take it other than they would not fork out enough dough. Just my two cents worth or perhaps more like dollars worth here. I still love Uncas and like Eric and will follow his career but please ERic wise up and give us fans something.

IG

Lurking Huron6490
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 26 2006 :  2:06:25 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IrishGirl,
I can't agree with you more!! Wes studi is way more personable and down to earth. He doesn't try to match his bank account to his ego. I also think Rodney A. Grant and Wes are much more sincere and grounded than Eric, which makes the audience love them more. They too have been through some hard times in life, but they also have the attitude that nobody's perfect which makes them even more loveable because so many fans can relate to them. I think we all love the Uncas role, but that not who Eric really is. He was just playing a role. I wish that Russell Means son had won that part because if he's anything like his dad we would still love him today. It's a shame that some actors let stardom go to their head. I personally know alot of artists who love their fans so much because they realize that without them they would be nowhere. They appreciate their fans. Eric gets a kick out of being so private because that makes the fans go that much more crazier to find out about them. Is it really a privacy issue or a being sneaky issue because you are so full of yourself. Ohhhh human behavior!!!!! It can be such a game. I love LOTM, and always will, but all this Eric hype is a game toblow his ego a little more.

Lurking Huron8512
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 28 2006 :  2:11:49 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, Wes, Rodney, and Steve Reevis seem more grounded versus Eric. Eric seems to be a complicated man. His website is nothing like wes studi's. Wes' is way more professional looking. I have a feeling that Eric is a very moody person. Up one minute, down the next. I also wonder if alot of his allegations are true too. I wonder how one can be soooooo private and work with kids. Kids respond better to someone that is open and honest. You can't fool kids!!!!

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - August 28 2006 :  3:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know what you girls mean, I love Uncas but not too sure about Eric - he sure seems to be fighting a lot of demons and I always thought his liaison covered up alot of things for him.

Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I tried joining his official a couple years back. I wasn't too comfortable sending my personal info along (the mod admitted Eric's official gets hacked into all the time) so I asked his liaison if I could just give my real name, state I live in but not the my town or phone number. She never replied and I thought that was very rude. She's an odd one!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 29 2006 :  04:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Totally agree with you IG.

He does seem to be a tad aloof at times and there seems to be this huge gap between him and his fans. Perhaps if he did more to thank them for their continued support (despite his not being very 'open and out there', the fans would be more appreciative.

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Lurking Huron8512
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 29 2006 :  11:18:55 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lady,

You are absolutely right. There is a BIG GAP between him and his fans. I get the feeling that the liason likes it that way. She tries to boost his image to the fans on the website, but who is she trying to fool? Have you noticed the "counter" on his site. When someone checks out his website the number changes. That's a good way to boost his ego!!!! I don't want to join his website because they want to know everything about you, like we're some crazo's on the loose after Eric, but the good and faithful Liason will save the day. It's all a little weird.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2006 :  5:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They spend their time over there talking about silly stuff not even related to Eric like vinegar and self-serice roadside stands and how to get stains out of shower curtains...PLEASE. What a waste of time and space. It is his board so talk about Eric but then they are not supposed to talk about him much or his life as he is sooooo PRIVATE. How stupid is that. A website and you can't really talk about him. It is like joining some "secret coven" over there. I could not be bothered with that. This board was easy to join and we did not have to give out our private info. Much more friendly. They need to visit Wes's site and learn how to run a website correctly.

IG

Lurking Huron2305
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 29 2006 :  9:12:38 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think the moderator/liason/administrator has a thing for Eric. Thats why she wants to keep everything sooooo private. Why else would she waste her time with such a pitiful site. All she does is talk about how grand Eric is. Is she trying to convince the fans or herself. I'm so sick of it. They want you to buy his posters, buy his mask, but he's not suppose to be greedy!!!! Whatever!!! He claims to be self sufficient. Yeah right. Something else that bothers me is that his weird self works with children. Please!!!! Why would anyone with no formal acting training be able to work with students in a public school. That makes no sense to me. I think he's just full of himself. No wonder some of the other actors in LOTM seemed so "inward", after working with him they probably were sick of him.

Lurking Huron6304
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 29 2006 :  9:25:47 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaya

I
Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I tried joining his official a couple years back. I wasn't too comfortable sending my personal info along (the mod admitted Eric's official gets hacked into all the time) so I asked his liaison if I could just give my real name, state I live in but not the my town or phone number. She never replied and I thought that was very rude. She's an odd one!

I didn't want to give all my personal information either. That's why I never bothered to join

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 30 2006 :  03:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why are the 'Lurkers' not joining, hmmm??

But in response, I agree ... if they dont want people to discuss him, or he doesnt want to be discussed, then perhaps they shouldnt have a website in his name.

And whats with the heavy questions in order to sign up??? *annoyed!*

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Lurking Huron6472
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 30 2006 :  8:29:25 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My friend tried to join his site a while back and the moderator wouldn't let her because she wouldn't give her name and phone number. She asked why the big interrogation and the reply was that Eric wanted it to be that way, and that's how it was going to be. If shw didn't like how it was run than she didn't have any business viewing/participating on his site. The moderator said that several times a year Eric likes to get on and chat with his fans, so this was how it was going to be run. Needless to say she did not join. She was treated in such a rude manner that she decided against it. I do not believe that Eric gets on and chats with his fans either.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 31 2006 :  06:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Hurons! Enough. We can tell you don't like Eric's site. This will not fix it. Please, enough bashing,

Thank you -

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 02 2006 :  11:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank God that you can keep the peace here, Rich!

It's deeply appreciated.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2006 :  4:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keep the peace sure but whatever happened to free speech?

IG
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Michael Greyeyes on TV Topic Next Topic: What LOTM soundtrack is better?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.64 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07