The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 3:32:36 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
April 06 2006

Posted - November 25 2006 :  09:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The weary travellers have just about arrived at the Fort, canons rumble in the distance......

What was Duncan's reply to Cora asking him what he was looking forward too on their arrival at Ft. William Henry?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 25 2006 :  12:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A BATH! .... sorry...couldn't help myself

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 25 2006 :  2:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Posting to a different continent" was Duncan's reply to Cora's question.

So here goes. What was the other name that the French liked to call Chingy???

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 26 2006 :  11:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it was "Le Gros Serpent."

Along the same lines, what is the French name for Uncas?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 26 2006 :  5:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mon Amor?

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - November 27 2006 :  5:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Le Stud"

Uncas: "some food"

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 29 2006 :  07:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah, the possibilites for Uncas and French names!

The one I was thinking about, though, means "Nimble Deer" and does begin with "Le." Anyone? Or did I succeed in killing the trivia thread again?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 29 2006 :  09:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Le Nimble Deer?"

<<Here' Red on a typical thread surfing day: Die, die, die!!!>>
(Admit it Red, it's your goal in life!)

Seriously though...I didn't know it but since you gave the translation it's a piece of cake. It's El venado ágil.

How old was Eric Schweig when he acted in this movie?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 29 2006 :  09:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well the movie came out in 1992 so if it was before June 19th he was 24 and after June 19th (which I believe is his birthday if memory serves me right)he would have been 25.

So along the same lines how old was Daniel Day Lewis and Russell Means when they starred in this epic?

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 30 2006 :  10:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Well the movie came out in 1992 so if it was before June 19th he was 24 and after June 19th (which I believe is his birthday if memory serves me right)he would have been 25.

So along the same lines how old was Daniel Day Lewis and Russell Means when they starred in this epic?

They were old enough to know better
and I was still too young to care!
Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 30 2006 :  8:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Too true, Light!

DDL was 35, but I don't know about Russell Means. So I guess I've anwered half the question. Go me! But I just thought I'd submit since it IS my goal to kill every thread, LIGHT! Mu-hah-ha-ha-ha! (Evil laughter.)

Maybe that Uncas-Light of the Moon story won't end so happily after all!

(Sorry...it's been a long day and an even longer happy hour! )

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 01 2006 :  3:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well Red, dear Chingy was 53 years old in '92. You got the question right so the ball is in your court. What's your question? I have run out of them.

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 02 2006 :  09:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, shoot! I thought I could get out of making up another question by answering only half. I'm pretty much all out too. Oh well, here goes. And apologies in advance if I kill the thread again! This one's kind of easy, though.

What is Nathaniel's reply to the British officer who demands, "You call yourself a patriot, and a loyal subject of the crown?"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 02 2006 :  9:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"No, do not call myself much of a subject at all"

So I guess I am back in the ? hotseat. What to ask, what to ask?????? When Duncan asked of Webb where Munro's daughters were, at whose house did Webb say they were staying at?

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 06 2006 :  1:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
C'mon people, this is an easy one. Anyone?????????????????

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 06 2006 :  3:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
*Aaaaarrrgh!* I was trying so hard not to answer this question, seeing as I've all but run out of questions myself. But, since no one's answered....

[RedFraggle types mechanically, a force within compelling her to answer against her will.]

Webb says Cora and Alice are at the patroon's/poltroon's house--depending on whether you go by the (probably incorrect) spelling in the script.

Now what to ask....
When Cora rejects Duncan for good in the scene at the fort, she says that he has complimented her with persistence and patience, but "I would rather..."?

Finish the quotation!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 08 2006 :  12:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
....poke my eyes out and set myself on fire!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 08 2006 :  12:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Sorry about this second screen...it posted my above response twice and I'm not quite sure why. Shoot! I even sat here for a few minutes trying to think up the answer but my memory is not with me tonight!

Something along the lines of "make the gravest of mistakes than surrender against my own judgement..." I dunno...it's something like that!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 08 2006 :  07:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ding ding! You're correct!

... though I can't believe that "poke my eyes out and set myself on fire" didn't make it into the script. There's that added irony of referring to someone being set on fire, and we all know what happens to Duncan.

What's your question, Light?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 08 2006 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Red...That's an for our paper!!! I'll PM you.

Ok....question....hmmmm....

What is the name of the other NA man that is seen several times throughout the film standing right behind Magua? Here's a hint: he's the one wearing the long earing.

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  08:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Taking a stab here but was it Ongewasgone? I watched the movie a couple of times again but all the huron are wearing earrings.

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nah...wasn't him. I know of him...a famous man among the NA.
This guy was straight warrior and WOO!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have no clue as to who the Huron was....I still don't know who ognewasgone was in the movie either!

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

I have no clue as to who the Huron was....I still don't know who ognewasgone was in the movie either!

Nathaniel spoke to him at the fort when they were making decisions to leave or stay. He was, in history, a war cheif.
I don't know the guy's name either but would sure like to get it! And his phone number too!!!

Ok...think of another one since that was a dud...
Where was the location of the shooting for Albany?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 12 2006 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe Ongewasgone, maybe not correct spelling, was only shown in the Director's Cut DVD not in the original movie so unless you have the Director's DVD you probably have not seen that scene.

Get his phone number.....Geeze Light you are even worse than me...heehee

IG
Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.55 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07