The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/6/2024 1:01:23 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 Nouvelle France
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The Lost Radeau - French &  Indian War Shipwreck Documentary Preview Topic Next Topic: Chief Pontiacs Uprising: 1763  

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - December 06 2005 :  12:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got my hands on a DVD of the movie "Nouvelle France", and it's not bad. I was a little disappointed there were not battles, seiges, etc. but I guess it was cheaper not to have them. As to people you know in the cast, it has Gérard Depardieu and Jason Isaacs (Tavington in The Patriot). As to the characters, there is Vaudreuil, Bigot, Voltaire, Pompadour on the French side, and Pitt, Wolfe, and Murray on the English side and Ben Franklin for the Colonials. In the end, it's a love story, but the setting in New France in the late 1750's makes it worth seeing. The movie is in French, but you can select English subtitles, and since it is in "letterbox", they appear below the screen. There is some dialog in and NDN language, which has it's own subtitles in French, which appear at the same time as the subtitles in English. So you gotta read fast!

As usual, I had a few issues with things, the main one being the uniform of the captain of the Quebec Militia. It should have been a bright red coat and breeches with a white waistcoat.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator
  Previous Topic: The Lost Radeau - French &  Indian War Shipwreck Documentary Preview Topic Next Topic: Chief Pontiacs Uprising: 1763  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.2 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07