The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 1:23:10 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Screen Names
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids
Page: of 7

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 29 2004

Posted - July 14 2006 :  03:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ive always had a bit of a crush on Scottish F1 racing driver David Coulthard and I read somewhere that a friend of his had bought him the title 'Laird of Glencairn' once as a birthday gift. So who other to be his Lady than moi??

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - August 02 2006 :  1:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
zinvor because it means "soldier", "warrior" in armenian, it somehow matches the whole thing in here.
My favourite parts are (i won't be original):

1) Uncas fighting Magua and his death

2) Magua at the cliffs (always enjoy watching his face)

3) Magua at the George road especially when he takes out his tomahawk

4) Massacre, especially when Magua cuts out Monro's heart

5) Duncan talking to Webb (i think it's his best scene in the movie)

6) Hawkeye shooting running people from the fort William Henry

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 24 2006 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My screen name is my baby's name. I share my life with a pot bellied pig and his name is Patootie or Tootie Bug, TBug. He turned 5 years old yesterday and is the geographical center of my universe! I don't know how to post pictures here but if one of you kind people would let me know, then I would post his pigture for all of you to enjoy!

My favorite part of the movie? Hmmm.... that's a toughie. The whole thing was amazing. I guess though I'm like Irishgirl and I'm still hoping that maybe this time Uncas kills Magua and rescues Alice. I hate to see him die.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 27 2006 :  10:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW! I'm impressed that this thread is still hanging around! Too Cool!
I love it though, everytime we get a newbie we get to learn something about them!
Rock on, y'all!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 30 2006 :  04:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is there a thread here where folks can explain their choice of avatar???

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 30 2006 :  07:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TBug
My screen name is my baby's name. I share my life with a pot bellied pig and his name is Patootie or Tootie Bug, TBug. He turned 5 years old yesterday and is the geographical center of my universe! I don't know how to post pictures here but if one of you kind people would let me know, then I would post his pigture for all of you to enjoy!

See the FAQs ... and be sure the image is less than 90KB!

quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Glen Cairn
Is there a thread here where folks can explain their choice of avatar???

Not that I can recall ... anyone???? ... But, you may always start one!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 16 2006 :  9:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Hey, how did everybody come up with their screen names? And what is everyones favorite part of the LOTM?

Seen a lot of new "faces" here so fill us in!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 17 2006 :  07:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think I talked about my name somewhere else on this site, but I may as well put in my two cents in the "screen Name" discussion.

First of all, I have red hair. "Hmmm...what goes with red hair?" I asked myself. Then, totally randomly, I remembered watching "Fraggle Rock" as a kid. On the show, there was a character named "Red," a bit of a klutz with poofy red pigtails. Since I seem to be blessed with the particularly graceful quality of always tripping over my own feet, bumping into walls, knocking my funny bone on just about everything, etc., I thought, "Perfect!" So "RedFraggle" was born.

As far as avatar goes, I couldn't find an image of Red that looked normal. They all looked sort of scary, so I chose a redhead-themed painting by Modigliani, "Young Redhead in an Evening Dress." Apparently Modigliani had a thing for painting redheads.

morgaine
Pioneer

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - November 17 2006 :  09:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mine is Morgaine--sister to King Arthur and priestess of Avalon in the novel "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 17 2006 :  3:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've used the sn 'Obediah' on other history-related forums so it seemed like a good idea here too. Yeah, I know it's misspelled! I got the name 'Obediah/Obadiah' from my father-in-law, who was always singing a strange little song, composed of just 2 words: "Obadiah, Obadiah." You really had to be there to understand...

BTW, MoonieGirl, are you trying to tell us that the acronym of your sn, LOTM, just coincidently matches the acronym of the movie? Spock:"Fascinating" Teal'c: "Indeed"

Ridgerunner
Pathfinder

USA

November 12 2006

Posted - November 17 2006 :  9:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why Ridgerunner....I guess because that's what I am,spent lots of time running up & down the hills,
hunting,camping and whatever.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 17 2006 :  11:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

BTW, MoonieGirl, are you trying to tell us that the acronym of your sn, LOTM, just coincidently matches the acronym of the movie? Spock:"Fascinating" Teal'c: "Indeed"

Acutally, you ...it did. I didn't even catch it until someone pointed it out to me four months after I had joined.
Luck of the draw I suppose.
Still it's pretty cool.
Obi Juan K-adobe

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 20 2006 :  5:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mine is because my Name is Wes, and the 1761 was one of the suggestions Yahoo gave me when I started an e-mail account awhile ago, Nothing really meaningful on my side.

I like the whole movie, But I really like the Fort scenes, The rescue from across the glade.....hard to pin down anything really specific.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 18 2006 :  10:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here I thought 1761 had something to do with your history knowledge!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 18 2006 :  6:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My screen name is dancer because I am a professional ballroom dancer and it is what my life is completely based around. Oh and my favorite part of the movie is when Uncas pulls Alice away from the falls and then thrusts his hand through her hair!

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 18 2006 :  7:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How cool that you're a pro. dancer and ballroom at that. I can watch those competitions on TV for hours.
I'm currently working on becoming a pro. dancer too w/the dance of seduction...belly dancing. I actually quit Tae-Kwan Do for it so that there's more time for practice and am studying under a school whose owner is pro. I met her once. She saw our class in action and was quite impressed. Even approached me personally! YEA!!!!!!! Made my day!

But you are now another idol for me since you are pro.
It's a lot of work to be that...Kudos to you!!!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 19 2006 :  09:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

My screen name is dancer because I am a professional ballroom dancer and it is what my life is completely based around.

That's great dancer. I love watching "Dancing with the Stars". The pros on there are brilliant. Did you ever watch the show? Have to admit that I never thought much about ballroom until I saw this show and I just love to watch them dance with their celeb partners.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 19 2006 :  10:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Betcha' you'd like to dance w/Mario Lopez too, Irish!
Not that any of us would blame you!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 19 2006 :  11:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Belly dancing, eh? I tried that once, but have NO coordination, so it didn't go so well. I just couldn't make my hips "pop" like they're supposed to. As for ballroom dancing...well, like I said, I have NO coordination! My hat off to the both of you, Dancer & Light!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 19 2006 :  3:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Betcha' you'd like to dance w/Mario Lopez too, Irish!
Not that any of us would blame you!

Well done Light. You know me so well. Have you been talkin' to Meg

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 19 2006 :  11:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No...but those Hawiian men are just as irresistable as the NA!

Hey look at that! We're drooling over someone besides Uncas!
AAHHH!

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - December 21 2006 :  1:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl
I love watching "Dancing with the Stars".

Is that the American version of 'Strictly Come Dancing'?

"The whole world's on fire, isn't it?"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 21 2006 :  1:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am from Ireland and recall a show years ago when I was a teenager called "Come Dancing" I think. Never watched it though but recall something by that name being on. Is that the same as "Strictly Come Dancing"?. In "Dancing with the Stars" pro dancers are teamed up with celebs as their partners and each week the 3 Judges vote for the dancers and we call in our votes for our favorite couples. The next night one couple is eliminated and so on until there can be only one couple left. I do enjoy it so much but unfortunately, Mario Lopez, the best dancer by far, did not win. Emmitt Smith a football player, ex-player I think or maybe he still plays, won the trophy. All the football fans voted for him despite the fact that he was clearly not the best dancer. He was good and very entertaining I'll give you that but Mario and his partner deserved the win. Still haven't gotten over it.

IG

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - December 21 2006 :  2:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

I am from Ireland and recall a show years ago when I was a teenager called "Come Dancing" I think. Never watched it though but recall something by that name being on. Is that the same as "Strictly Come Dancing"?. In "Dancing with the Stars" pro dancers are teamed up with celebs as their partners and each week the 3 Judges vote for the dancers and we call in our votes for our favorite couples. The next night one couple is eliminated and so on until there can be only one couple left. I do enjoy it so much but unfortunately, Mario Lopez, the best dancer by far, did not win. Emmitt Smith a football player, ex-player I think or maybe he still plays, won the trophy. All the football fans voted for him despite the fact that he was clearly not the best dancer. He was good and very entertaining I'll give you that but Mario and his partner deserved the win. Still haven't gotten over it.

Which part of Ireland? I live in northern England but we've got Irish heritage, I think it was my great Grandad who lived in Ireland somewhere.

"Strictly Come Dancing" is on the BBC but it's only been running for four series. It sounds like "Dancing with the Stars" is very similar. Professional dancers are teamed with celebrties. At the beginning of the series the ladies and gentlemen would alternate between dancing a Ballroom dance and a Latin American dance. Now at the end of the series all the remaining couples dance a Ballroom dance, a Latin dance and a show dance. There are four judges who mark out of ten. This makes up 50% of the score and then the public ring in to vote for their favourties. That thing where the footballer won sounds similar to what happens here, people don't necessarily vote for the best dancer.

"The whole world's on fire, isn't it?"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  3:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lotte

[quote]Which part of Ireland? I live in northern England but we've got Irish heritage, I think it was my great Grandad who lived in Ireland somewhere.

Really Lotte? How cool is that! During my family tree search we first believed we had english decent but learned that our family name was forced to be changed during the European wars w/Scotland and Ireland. We are actually Scotish(dad), Irish(dad and mom), and German(mom). Oh yeah, my father's great-grandma was Blackfoot. And the cool part is my mom's family has been traced all the way back to Pastorius - the 1st German to step foot on american soil!
It's truely a small world!

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07