The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 4:23:47 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 Interesting article.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Montcalms Strategy at the Battle of the Plains of Abraham Topic Next Topic: revised/expanded:colonial-revolution era films
Page: of 2

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 12 2004

Posted - January 13 2005 :  9:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Bookworm,

Another of my white ancestors was Robert Morris, delegate from Pennsylvania, who signed the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe that he is the only person to sign all three. Robert came to a sad end in Pittsburgh.

He is buried in Philadelphia in the same grave as his friend Benjamin Franklin. Talk about "togetherness"!

Also, two of my Chambers ancestors served with Gen. George Washington at the very cold winter at Valley Forge. One of them was with Washington when they crossed the ice-choked Delaware River on Christmas eve and assaulted the Hessians at Trenton, N.J. He was given a set of pistols by Washington for his valor in that battle, our first victory of the American Revolution. My Oneida ancestors broke with the Iroquois Confederation (British allies), and supplied food to Washington's Army at Valley Forge. I have many interesting family stories, as both sides of my family participated in the early formation of this United States. We were killing each other (white and Indian) in the French and Indian War, the Revolution, and the War of 1812, but are all family today. We haved stood shoulder to shoulder in every war since then. Many paid the ultimate price for the freedoms that we enjoy today. My Shawnee relatives would appreciate it if Pennsylvania would give us back a few acres of our land near Pittsburgh, on which to practise our ancient culture and ceremonies. I will not be holding my breath on that one!
I will try to make the 1755 Braddock re-enactment at Fort Bedford this coming summer.

Ken Lonewolf
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

February 12 2004

Posted - January 13 2005 :  9:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't understand why my posts on the Mohican Board are out there somewhere in cyberspace, even though I hit the "Submit Reply" box?

Are you having problems with the website?

Ken Lonewolf

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

February 12 2004

Posted - January 13 2005 :  9:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
P.S. Only some of my posts.

Ken Lonewolf

ccorner
Pathfinder

USA

February 05 2003

Posted - January 13 2005 :  11:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ccorner's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lonewolf,
What an interesting and historical family tree you have!
Tell us some more of those wonderful stories.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 14 2005 :  07:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Lonewolf noted: Another of my white ancestors was Robert Morris, delegate from Pennsylvania, who signed the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe that he is the only person to sign all three.

...And if memory serves me correct, he was instrumental in the raising and managing of monies which funded the American War of Independence. A truly under-appreciated and often forgotten patriot.

P.S.- Hope to see you at OBV this July.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

February 12 2004

Posted - January 14 2005 :  11:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
CCORNER,

One of my ancestors on my white grandmothers side (paternal)came from England on the same ship as did William Penn. I believe that the name of the ship was the "Friendship", which docked at Philadelphia. On the passage from England, about half of the passengers and crew died of smallpox. They had to be buried at sea (overboard). Only half of the number who set out from England arrived in Philadelphia. Penn eventually returned to England, but my Oxworth (Hawksworth) ancestor stayed. This line enters the Indian side of my family sometime in the late 1800's.

Another interesting story: my native ancestors were asked to help build one of the first log cabins in the area of Indiana, Penna. They and the white owner of the property toiled fort about three days, completing enough of the cabin that the Indians were no longer needed. They were paid in trade goods. The cabin owner was the 4x great grandfather of James Stewart, the late Hollywood actor. James is a family cousin. I visited his family's hardware store in Indiana, Penna. as a small boy. It is the only time that we visited. I believe that James was flying bombers in Europe at the time. It was during World War Two. There is a nice museum to James in Indiana, and it is worth the visit. Tell you some more later. Gotta run.

Ken Lonewolf

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

February 12 2004

Posted - January 15 2005 :  6:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
CCORNER,

You may contact me at lonewlf99@aol.com

Ken Lonewolf

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

February 12 2004

Posted - January 15 2005 :  6:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bookworm,

You may contact me at: lonewlf99@aol.com

Ken Lonewolf
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Montcalms Strategy at the Battle of the Plains of Abraham Topic Next Topic: revised/expanded:colonial-revolution era films  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.39 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07