The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 4:24:56 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Recasting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Revenge Topic Next Topic: Uncass Actual Weapon from LOTM
Page: of 3

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 29 2004

Posted - July 06 2006 :  05:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if someone decided to remake this movie who would you choose to play the central characters (you can reply to one or all of the characters):

Hawkeye
Cora
Uncas
Alice
Chingachgook
Magua

Or in your opinion is there any other actor who could have played either one of the above roles better?

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken
report to moderator

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 06 2006 :  06:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know if I could picture anyone else playing these parts.

I think we have grown to love the characters too much.

If Eric was still big and now that he is a little older he maybe could play Chinganchgook, but I just don't know, he still has a baby face where as Russell has that wisened (sp?) look.

I just don't PERSONALLY think there are many young actors around these days that have any depth to them. I like Johnny Depp and he is a very good actor and could possibly take off Uncas but he is stick thin, but they change that don't they.

I couldn't picture anyone taking Wes's role.

I think one of the biggest problems would be replacing the Native Actors. Here in Australia we don't get to see enough movies or tv shows from over there with Native people, so to be honest, I really don't know. Duane Loken and David Midthunder are both attractive actors but I've not seen them act? Then, of course, there is Adam Beach!

Perhaps Viggo Mortenson or Hugh Jackman for Nathaniel, August Schellenberg as Chingy, Anna Paquin as Alice and my daughter suggested Angelina Jolie for Cora?????

It's hard because I just love the cast so much as they are.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 06 2006 :  06:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agreed .. I also believe the biggest challenge would be replacing the native american actors.

Hmmm ... I can possibly identify with all your suggestions as possible replacements except for Angelina Jolie .. Nooooooooooooooooooo! Haha.

Maybe Rose Byrne as Cora???

Image Insert:

8.73 KB

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 06 2006 :  3:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Really can't imagine any other actors or actresses in these roles. It would just not seem right and I do not think they should attempt to remake this movie any time soon. It was and still is a masterpiece and you cannot improve on greatness.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 06 2006 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LoG, I agree too, Anelina is great for comedic or action roles but I think Cora needs to have depth. I've not seen Rose Byrne? What is she like? She certainly looks as if she could carry it off. Is she related to Gabriel Byrne? (another great actor), if so, she would have the skills there and the back up.

I also agree with Irish Girl, it's the old addage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", but.................having said that IG, when you really look at it, it would be a way of being able to add in the Uncas/Alice love scene that everyone wants so much.

I believe one thing I saw on another thread too, it's not meant to be a love story (as much as we would all love to see Eric getting hot and steamy with a woman), it's meant to be about the way the Europeans took over and desacrated the native peoples, hence, The LAST of the MOHICANS. There's a lot more to it than that, I know, but in a nut shell that's what it means to me.

If they redid it I only hope they don't change it too much because, let's face it, Hollywood has a habit of overdoing things There are remakes of classics done all the time and sometimes they are better and sometimes they're not.

It's a difficult question Lady, and I'm surprised there are not more answers to your post yet. I would think it would be a great debate topic.......lol.....

I think our biggest problem is that most of us, females especially, are in 'lust' with some of the actors not just the characters they portrayed, not thinking of anyone in particular of course...hee ehee......

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 06 2006 :  8:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm thinking Ben Stiller for Hawkeye. hahahahahaha

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 06 2006 :  8:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Him and Daniel Day Lewis do look alike. Just put longer hair on Stiller. I think I read someplace where DDL gets mistaken for him sometimes. Long lost brothers maybe..heehee

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 06 2006 :  9:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

I'm thinking Ben Stiller for Hawkeye. hahahahahaha

Now that's just wrong.....lol...

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 06 2006 :  10:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, for Hawkeye and Cora there's only one possibility. Brad and Angelina! And Alice? How about Jessica Simpson. I mean, if she can play Daisy Duke, well then Alice should be a natural. Then Chingachgook. Since I can't think of any Indian actors, probably Robert Robert De Niro. ("Monro! You talking to me? You talking to ME?") Uncas? Now I can see Ben Stiller in that part. And Magua. Really hard to recast Wes. But if he was younger, say about the time of The Shining, Jack Nicholson as Magua. ("Here's Magua!")

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 06 2006 :  11:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, for Hawkeye and Cora there's only one possibility. Brad and Angelina! And Alice? How about Jessica Simpson. I mean, if she can play Daisy Duke, well then Alice should be a natural. Then Chingachgook. Since I can't think of any Indian actors, probably Robert Robert De Niro. ("Monro! You talking to me? You talking to ME?") Uncas? Now I can see Ben Stiller in that part. And Magua. Really hard to recast Wes. But if he was younger, say about the time of The Shining, Jack Nicholson as Magua. ("Here's Magua!")

Fitz,
Has anyone told you that you have a great knack for comedy. I loved all of your suggestions, especially the Jack/Magua one.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  02:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LeyLana1462

I've not seen Rose Byrne? What is she like? She certainly looks as if she could carry it off. Is she related to Gabriel Byrne? (another great actor), if so, she would have the skills there and the back up.

Rose Byrne is the actress who played Breseis in Troy opposite Brad Pitt. I dont think she's related to Gabriel, although I could be wrong.

Although I agree with many that this movie is a classic and was as close to perfection as possible, lets face it, in Hollywood nothing remains 'original' for long. And if someone decided to remake this film they could potentially seriously muck it up ... like adding Jessica Simpson to the cast Haha

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  04:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aaaah, yes, I know her now. She was really good, actually, one of the only good actors in the movie. I'm not big on Brad, love Orli but only for his looks because he still can't act (no depth, or movement in his face for that matter ) Actually, I thought of Karl Urban too, as either Nathaniel or Uncas, yummy!!!!

Jessica Simpson We need people that can act

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  04:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I couldn't see it happening tho. I must admit, that although i love the original, I would be curious enough to watch a remake, but only if it had actors in that I like. I just love Eric and Wes too much.

I've been wanting someone to remake a really old classic called "Forever Amber" for about 20 years now. I never saw the original but I've read the books 8 times and I love the story.

They don't seem to do the really good ones do they.

Maybe because of people like us that just love the original cast toooooo much......lol.....

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  05:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Im not much of a Brad fan either ... come to think of it, Im not much of an Orlando fan as well . Absolutely no depth. The best thing he has going for his is his looks and the legions of women who rush to see his films.

I like the Karl Urban suggestion ... more as Nathaniel perhaps??

Image Insert:

23.42 KB

PS - Whats up with that pointy hairdo??!!

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  05:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oooooooh Lady, nice picky. I put some in on another thread because he is in Commanche Moon and other ladies didn't know who is was. I adored him as Eomir (bit of a LOTR nut me).

You're right about Orli, I loved him as Legolas but have only enjoyed his acting in one other movie since and that was Kingdom of Heaven. He did quite well in that, he must have had a tutor standing right beside him i think. Hopefully he will get better, if he tried hard enough, with his looks, he could follow Johnny Depp...................... hee hee. Naaaahhhhh, still cute but.

Yeah, with his eyes.......ooooooohhhhhhh swoooon...... I could handle that in a loin cloth!!!!!

Oh, and the spiky hair I think is from the movie Bourne Supremacy, he played a bad dude. (it was one of the Bourne movies anywhoo) I didn't like it, not after falling for him in the long blonde wig! Ripped off!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  05:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmmm ... *pictures him in loin cloth*

Yip, Im a bit of a LOTR nut too ... and I could handle Orlando as Legolas, somehow he seemed to fit the role. In Troy he was just awful!

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  05:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Glencairn

Hmmmm ... *pictures him in loin cloth*

Yip, Im a bit of a LOTR nut too ... and I could handle Orlando as Legolas, somehow he seemed to fit the role. In Troy he was just awful!

Have you seen Elizabeth Town???? He really let Kirsten Dunst's ability down! He unbelievable eye candy but that's where it ends and I think that's the only reason he does movies. The chicks flock for the perve.

Have you joined the Council of Elrond site? councilofelrond.com

okay, yup, we've decided, Karl as Uncas, cool

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  05:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
BTW - There are some suggestions on the table ...

Cora = Rose Byrne
Nathaniel/Uncas = Karl Urban
Perhaps Meredith Monroe = Alice

Image Insert:

21.55 KB

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  05:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep

Works for me, okay, we have Cora, Alice and Uncas, now we just need Nathanial and Chingy, I really couldn't see anybody else as Magua, sorry, just love Wes toooooooo much....hee hee

ooooh just had a thought tho, the girls don't look very different in age, might need an older one for Cora?

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  06:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LeyLana1462

Yepooooh just had a thought tho, the girls don't look very different in age, might need an older one for Cora?

True ... but then again they can make anyone look older/younger with enough makeup ...

Youre right ... there is no one like Wes ...

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  08:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it's pretty amazing what they can do with makeup.....just look at Eric in The Missing

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  08:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I KNOW!!!

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 07 2006 :  09:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, saw on Eric's site that they are releasing a new DVD of The Missing with 20 extra minutes of footage. They were not sure if any Eric footage was in the extra 20 mins but they will let us know. He was great in that role but definitely not "eye candy"

Do not know these girls you pick for Alice and Cora and Leylana you know I am not familiar with Mr Urban. As for Orlando Bloom, well not my cup of tea either.

Just watched Wes in "Miracle at Sage Creek". Not a great movie just a tame western but he sure did his part justice playing Thomas the Grandfather. What a great actor and yes I agree that no one could play Magua like him. He was born to play that part.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  09:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I chose them based firstly on looks ... and secondly on the fact that I dont think theyre bad actresses. I particularly like Rose, thought she was great in Troy.

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 07 2006 :  10:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
oooh ooooh ooooooh Lady, I have anothery.

Mark Umbers!!!! yummy pretty boy type, but still a nice bit of eye candy.........lol..

Image Insert:

18.33 KB

I just watched Blackbeard the Pirate with Angus McFadyen (yummy tubby Scotsman, played Robert the Bruce in Braveheart, beefed up a lot since tho....pity), but anywhooooooo, this Mark played Lt Robert Maynard, 6'2" and very cute, you can check him out on IMDB.

sOOOOOOO, having said that maybe Karl for Nat and Mark for Uncas???

Don't know how he would go spitting the plumb out of his mouth and talking Native language tho?

Hello IG, that's okay, you know I luvs ya, have a look at Karl on imbd, some scrummy pickies over there.

Yup, there's no-one else for Magua, I can't even imagine anyone else doing his part, poor old Wes did too gooda part, looks like we may have to petition him girls.......hee hee.......lets get Carter on side and she can chat for us pwwwweeeeeeze......lol

Maybe they could do like What's his name with Star Wars and do a pre-lude movie.

Okay ladies let's get working on a script for them......

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  11:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ooooooooh la la ... Some more eye candy!

Hmmm, Im trying to imagine him a bit more ... untamed. He seems so perfect on the pic ... and I think he would need to appear more edgier, you know? Less refined. Gee ... check out his profile ... yummy!

Lady of Glencairn
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Revenge Topic Next Topic: Uncass Actual Weapon from LOTM  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.62 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07