The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 3:18:19 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric Stuff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: WOOOOO HOOOOO .... Im  Baaaack Topic Next Topic: Frontier Family
Page: of 3

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
January 23 2006

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOTM is where my fascination with Eric Schweig started, but I think his acting abilities are finally used to the fullest in Big Eden. I have The Missing coming from Amazon, and I've preordered Mr. Barrington. I found Squanto last week at the grocery store of all places. He plays a character that is an angrier Uncas named Epinow (sp?). Strong and silent, but understandably bitter. I haven't been able to finish it, but hopefully will soon. I have seen Tom and Huck with my kids, years ago, and when I found out it was him I understood why I thought he was strangely attractive at the time.....DUH. I'd like to get Skins too.

Uncas: "some food"
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just watched Tom and Huck again this past weekend with my boys and like you I understood why I found Injun Joe's character attractive years ago when I first watched it. Back then I just knew Eric as that handsome Indian actor who played Uncas. I always loved seeing him in anything but never knew his name until recently when I saw LOTM on Starz and really got interested in him. Looked up all I could about him and have been watching all the movies I can with him in them. Just purchased Skins recently too and watched it. We can discuss that as well when you see it. I just love him as if you can't tell. I still have some of his movies to see yet but will get around to them in time. Looking forward to it. I just discovered this site today and it is so nice to be able to talk about Eric/Uncas and all things related to him and that wonderful movie that catapulted him to stardom. I loved him in Broken Chain too as Joseph Brandt. Just gorgeous. Please don't get me wrong it is not all about his looks but that is what first attracted me to this wonderful man. He is a great actor too and I enjoy just looking, or should I say drooling over him.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What did you think of him in The Missing? Wasn't he just great?. The first time I saw it I did not realise it was him. Who would with all that horrible make-up. When I heard it was him I re-watched it and you can tell it is him by the eyes and his movements I think. They sure had to take hours to make this handsome man look bad. He was a great bad guy in this movie.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't seen it yet. It's still in transit from Amazon. I saw LOTM in 1995 and bawled at the end when he died, then went on with my life and never gave it another thought. Then last month I saw it on EncoreLove channel and I'm hooked now. Have you been to his official site??

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes I have been to the Eric Schweig site and look around. There never seems to be any new news about him there. Just old stuff. I would love to know some personal stuff about him. I hear he is very private but I would love to know is he married? I believe he was at one point. Don't think he has any kids at least that he knows of. I would volunteer to have one for him but I don't think my husband would like that idea. I can always dream. Love to see any photos I can of him. I think I am becoming obsessed with him as since seeing the movie recently on Starz/Encore, I can't stop thinking about this gorgeous guy and great actor.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK as long as we're having a ESA meeting I'll start. Hi, I'm Meg and I'm a Eric Schweigaholic. I have pictures of him on the wall of my office at work..... Just 8 pictures, and they're small. They're hanging just to the right of the pictures of my own children.....OK, I've got a problem...

HAHA!!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  3:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Darn it just when I get someone to talk Eric with I have to go pick up my kids from school. Wish I could stay on and chat but hopefully later or tomorrow. I have 2 teenagers and they tend to monopolize the computer after school until bedtime. I hope we can talk some more Eric soon MeggieD. Nice talking with you.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 14 2006 :  4:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice to talk to you too. I check in several times a day, so I'm sure we'll talk again soon. BYE!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  4:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay couldn't resist getting on if only for a short time. Just had to pick up one kid.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  10:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Meg I can't wait for you to see The Missing so I can hear what you think of Eric's performance in it. I personally thought he was great at being such a bad guy. Also have you seen Cowboys and Indians? Watched it recently on Starz/Encore and I would like to hear your thoughts on it also. We can never have enough Eric.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  09:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Missing should be here today....yea! I haven't seen Cowboys and Indians since I don't usually have Starz/Encore. I only have the EncoreLove channel right now, because Lifetime Movie Network was taken off of Dish Network due to contract disputes. I'd love to see it though.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  09:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope you enjoy The Missing. I certainly did. Like I said before I never recognized Eric the first time I saw this as he is not his usual handsome, sexy self. Very made up to look ugly (hard to imagine I know). He is great in it though. Have you ever seen Follow The River. He was gorgeous in that one too. Been years since I saw it last but a woman and her son are taken by Indians and she is pregnant. Of course she has the baby on the trail and Eric's character likes her and wants her for his wife but silly woman does not want him and runs away. How stupid can you get running away for this studmuffin. I will have to see it again some time. She goes back to her not so hot hubby. Just another good one. Anything with Eric in is good.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  09:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's another one I'd like to see. I'll have to see if I can get it on video. I know some of his movies are hard to find.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  09:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can never get tired of watching his movies. Cowboys and Indians was okay in my opinion. It was a true story though and other than The Missing which was made the same year, it was the most recent movie I had seen him in. Looks much older and heavier and of course short hair but still hot. It is weird when the last time I saw him was in an older movie like LOTM and then suddenly you jump 11 years and see him in his late 30's older and heavier. This man still looks great. Glad he gave up the booze and turned his life around for the better. His voice too is just so deep and attractive. Imagine him whispering sweet nothings in your ear. Can only dream I guess. Reminds me of the James Blunt song "You're Beautiful and I don't know what to do 'cause I can never be with you"

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree. I think he has filled out and matured very nicely. I would love to meet him, just to talk about his art and movies. He's a great story of childhood struggles, adult dependencis and success.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes to meet our idol would be great. I don't know if he realizes just how big his fan base is. He has a lot of followers from all over the world.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He probably does. That's got to make a person feel good. Of course I know he's a very private person, so maybe it bothers him...? I can't wait for you to see Big Eden so we can discuss. You'll love his character. He is so expressive with just his eyes and body language. I don't believe he's had any formal acting training (at least he hadn't prior to LOTM)

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I felt as you do before I saw it. The kiss is at the very extreme end of the movie, so if you chose not to watch it you can. It's not inappropriate or extraneous, though. It's a very sweet movie about acceptance and finding onesself. If you're open-minded I think you'll like it as well as I do. I watched part of it this morning.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes I know he is very private. On his web site, which I am sure you have been to I would love to ask all kinds of questions but they don't want to discuss his private life. A man who looks as good as he does needs to have kids and pass on those amazing genes. Does he ever need sons I tell you.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well at least I can decide if I want to watch the "kiss" then. I know he is very private but I would love to know all about him. A man that good looking needs to have kids and pass on those amazing genes of his don't you think? He needs some sons for future women to drool over although his sons would have big shoes to fill to be as handsome as their father. I want to know if he is currently married and a lot of other things. Why doesn't he even want this known. I can understand not wanting really personal stuff out there but lots of stars we at least know if they are married or not.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree. I'd even volunteer if I wasn't 41 and raising 2 kids already. Well, 3 if you count my husband. HA!!
When you watch Big E pay attention to his stature. It's not that he's heavy, he's just a big guy. He almost has to duck to get through the doors.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Me too. I would still love to meet him, though.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry did it again.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  10:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So you may notice me hopping in and out, it's cause I'm at work and just sneaking in when I get the chance.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  11:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids and I just have my 19 month old daughter at home with me. Thankfully the other 3 are in school. One in high school, one in middle school and one in elementary school. They keep me busy and this morning instead of doing stuff I need to do I am on here chatting with you. It is great to have someone to chat with about this stuff. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be too many people on here on a regular basis. I hope that changes.

I too would volunteer to have a kid for Eric. I am sure there would be no shortage of volunteers as long as it was done the right way. No artificial insemination with Eric just the good old fashioned way. A nice romp. Oh my I best stop this chat and go get some work done.

IG
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: WOOOOO HOOOOO .... Im  Baaaack Topic Next Topic: Frontier Family  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.67 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07